Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fortress Waterdance "This time for sure" led by Zabig Guy  (Read 1426 times)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Waterdance "This time for sure" led by Zabig Guy
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 04:11:12 am »

WINTER (Season 16)

Rakust still insists on going around barefoot. Oh, wait, no he's finally wearing socks. But he's dropped his trousers. Things are getting serious.

Suddenly! Panic! The dwarf liaison has gone beserk. "It was inevitable". 14 civilians vs one axedwarf - blood will fly!

"A diplomat has left unhappy." No. Really?

As bodies start piling up, it occurs to me that I didn't handle this very well. I make a note in my journal. "Invest in liaison death traps."

Nuuuu!! My hunter starts spraying bolts like there's no tomorrow. I can only hope he will run out of ammo soon.  I ask where he is holed up. "On the ammo stockpile." Oh the dwarfmanity!

One of my dwarves throws a party. Way to read the mood there.

The bookkeeper likes fighting. He's actually having the time of his life, the sick bastard.

By the end of the season only four dwarves remain. I think Stakud "enjoyed starting a fist fight recently x 11" Logemdomas is the most likely to survive.
()==[:::::::::::::>

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 05:43:22 am »

SPRING (Season 17)

One more dwarf dies. By the end of the season the worst is at least 'fine' and they are capable of working. To distract them I release some naked mole dogs and let two of the dwarves go hunting.

SUMMER (Season 18)

Two migrants arrive!

AUTUMN (Season 19)

Five dwarves now. I find a (Steel shield), probably as used by the beserk axedwarf liaison. :/
Everything is extra messy. More migrants. Back up to 13.

WINTER (Season 20)

I just get the last of the migrants safely inside when another goblin seige starts. A good time for a break, I think.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 09:42:13 am »

SPRING (Season 21)

I get another migrant. I leave him outside the walls and tell him I'll only let him in after he collects all the weapons, armor and stuff left behind by the previous years' invading forces. Sucker. It pays off - already he has found a copper crossbow and brought it next to the fort.

I've been releasing critters one cage at a time and training my dwarves to fight them. Also training my doctors to patch injuries.  I can't work out why my soap industry is failing for a long time. Then I dismantle the ashery. Bucket after bucket of FROZEN lye. D'oh.

RELEASE THE WEB COLLECTORS! SET FREE THE HUNTERS!

I have finally, finally, double-checked-finished-for-sure the walling off of the highway and a bit of cavern from the rest of the cavern and the outside world.

One of my dwarves is wearing a loincloth under his trousers. What undwarvenly clothing item is this? None of my clothesmakers have heard of it.

I now have a small stack of reclaimed wooden bows. Can dwarves even use bows? Eh, whatever.

SUMMER (Season 22)

A vile force of darkness arrives! I guess I can let that guy outside in ... I give him the orders, he comes inside to the (sealed) room and I tell him to wall up the hole. He. Falls. Asleep.

Oh well. By some miracle the goblins fail to find him before he wakes up.

For the first time there is actual soap in the fortress! I've moved the soap making industry underground. As the stink levels drop we may see more babies arriving. And indeed there is a new addition to the fortress before the season ends.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:27:41 am by ptb_ptb »

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2014, 01:10:28 pm »

AUTUMN (Season 23)

An intrepid explorer descends the staircase down to the magma level. The unfortunate dwarves

who lived here before us have left one magma smelter. I immediately order the door to that

room locked - who knows what might come swimming out from under it.

WINTER (Season 24)

I have started, very carefully, 'harvesting' the steel anvils from the warrens under the

fortress.

SPRING (Season 25)

Working on a stockpile of steel battle axes and picks.

WINTER (Season 28)

Ambushed by a forgotten beast. Only lost one dwarf, walled off the area it is in.

SPRING (Season 33)

Migrants arrive. Three of them. It belatedly occurs to me that the reason nothing is getting

butchered is that I dismantled the butcher's workshop about a year ago.

AUTUMN (Season 35)

A dwarven liaison actually escaped alive left. On the flip side, my planter wandered out at the same time to pickup equipment just at the moment a goblin invasion force arrived. Oh well.
Pages: 1 [2]