Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mod amount of immigrants?  (Read 582 times)

letsdance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
mod amount of immigrants?
« on: August 30, 2014, 04:56:37 pm »

is it possible to mod the number of immigrants, especially also the first 2 waves? how? i'd like to play a game without immigrants (always getting them all killed is not really the solution i want)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: mod amount of immigrants?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 05:03:23 pm »

Fuck with the STRICT_POPULATION_CAP value in d_init.txt. That should curb even the first immigration waves.

If you're into just having an isolated fortress that relies on natural growth, generate a world with a lot of megabeasts and a lot of civilizations. There's bound to be a smoking ruin of a dwarf civilization somewhere that you can restart again with no Mountainhome to bother you.

letsdance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 02:09:27 am »

when i last played (2 years ago), the population cap did not at all reduce the first 2 immigrant waves. these seem to be done differently than the others.

i'll try to get a ruined dwarf civ, thx =)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 02:54:20 am »

Well yeah two years ago there wasn't a completely separate strict population cap. Hence why it's worth mentioning!

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 03:14:40 am »

First 2 migrant waves are still hardcoded afaik, just set the pop_limit to 1, you'll get no more waves after the first 2 then.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 08:48:37 am »

First 2 migrant waves are still hardcoded afaik, just set the pop_limit to 1, you'll get no more waves after the first 2 then.
Or, if you set the STRICT_POPULATION_CAP to 7, those first two waves should be suppressed (and if they aren't, then you should file a bug report).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

letsdance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 11:47:08 am »

from the description, the only difference between the normal cap and the strict cap is births. the normal cap doesn't stop the first 2 immigrant waves.

anyways, i started a civ without mountainhome and did not change the population cap. the first immigrant wave was 3 immigrants (that's fine with me). i then set the population cap to 1 and did not get a 2nd wave (yet). but i'm not sure the game is running long enough for the 2nd wave. if i do get another wave i'll post here.