Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Badly interpret your reports!  (Read 6218 times)

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
Re: Badly interpret your reports!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2014, 10:49:05 am »

I have one. One of my Engravers punched a wolverine in the head and killed it.  Literally, one blow, on an uninjured wolverine.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2014, 03:26:28 pm »

Thanks for the support, guys. This is actually hilarious and really fun to do. I forgot to update the other one I did last night, then I will do the wolverine one.

He walked towards his destination with a mild limp. Most people thought he was normal, but slowly opinions were changing. He was acting weird and no one could deny it. He was tasked to move a creature, but it was the final moment. Fath Dolilon, suturer, jumped up and down the halls screaming like a madman “the goblins will get us all!”
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 03:29:41 pm »

Thanks for the support, guys. This is actually hilarious and really fun to do. I forgot to update the other one I did last night, then I will do the wolverine one.

He walked towards his destination with a mild limp. Most people thought he was normal, but slowly opinions were changing. He was acting weird and no one could deny it. He was tasked to move a creature, but it was the final moment. Fath Dolilon, suturer, jumped up and down the halls screaming like a madman “the goblins will get us all!”

Take your time!  As long as your thread doesn't drop off into a magma pit like the others, I'm happy.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 03:50:32 pm »

I know it has only been a few days since I started on this, but I will try my best to get these done as they appear. The week days will be a bit rougher as I will be in college all afternoon. I have found these to be a lot of fun, even if they are really terrible. Also, never knew what wonders you could make with MS Paint (it has a watercolor brush! Did you know that??).

One-shot Wonder. That’s what they would call him after this. That wolverine meant business, but the strength of the engravers fist was enough to shatter it’s skull in a single blow. Needless to say, Urist McEngraver feasted well that night.

EDIT: possessive 's on engraver. Also did a mild touch up on several pictures.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 03:57:18 pm by They Got Leader »
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2014, 03:56:42 pm »

Accidental double post! Go me.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2014, 04:21:18 pm »

A Troll caught in a cage from the cavern was pastured directly on top of a weapon trap, and was immediately hit with 10 green glass trap components, brutally killing it...

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 04:31:18 pm »

Bear baiting is for elves.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2014, 06:42:18 pm »

The fortress had one way of dealing with invaders. The caged creature would be dropped onto glass weapons which would tear them to pieces in seconds. Blood was harvested for Armok offerings, salvageable bones were used at the carver’s shop and meat was butchered. It was affective, if gruesome.

Imps always found pleasure in playing tricks on other creatures. This particular imp was goading a Forgotten Beast into charging. She would dodge away and hurl !!fire!!, enraging the beast again and again. It was not going to end well for one of the participants and the dwarves were pretty darn alright with that.

:o We hit 10 pictures. Woo!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2014, 06:59:37 pm »

Actually, the FB was fireproof and the imps were my citizens. But you did pretty good. I like how you made the tile into a stick figure. :P

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2014, 02:10:06 am »

Actually, the FB was fireproof and the imps were my citizens. But you did pretty good. I like how you made the tile into a stick figure. :P

I was really curious as to what I was looking at. I was trying to find "implet", but I could not find it! That explains it. No context equals a fun draw...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2014, 07:34:23 am »

I found a zombie dwarf who still covets socks
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 08:32:39 pm »

I know it has only been a few days since I started on this, but I will try my best to get these done as they appear. The week days will be a bit rougher as I will be in college all afternoon. I have found these to be a lot of fun, even if they are really terrible. Also, never knew what wonders you could make with MS Paint (it has a watercolor brush! Did you know that??).

One-shot Wonder. That’s what they would call him after this. That wolverine meant business, but the strength of the engravers fist was enough to shatter it’s skull in a single blow. Needless to say, Urist McEngraver feasted well that night.

EDIT: possessive 's on engraver. Also did a mild touch up on several pictures.

This is better than I hoped.  Awesome!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2014, 10:24:44 pm »

A lasher is sparring with an axedwarf... how exactly do you "gently tap" someone with a copper whip?

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2014, 10:36:18 pm »

A lasher is sparring with an axedwarf... how exactly do you "gently tap" someone with a copper whip?

Playful bedroom whipping comes to mind.  Granted, it does require that you wear full plate to the bedroom, but I've heard that dwarves are kinky like that.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2014, 09:58:24 pm »

Even after death Urist McNightterror still loves his one and only remaining sock. It had been years since he had clothes. They all had long since rotted away. Adventurers were usually after large prey, like dragons or colossi. The undead were usually left to rot into oblivion.

I will not deny that I am not sure how to do the last one. I'm going to take an hour and think about how I am going to portray it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4