Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarf trying to drink, but has no drink... Dying of dehydration  (Read 1867 times)

Bartok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So how do I save this dwarf?

It's a spear dwarf, I tried de-activating the squad.  Nothing changed.  Activated the squad, still no help.  Stationed the squad, still screwed.

Any ideas?

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Dwarf trying to drink, but has no drink... Dying of dehydration
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 06:48:55 pm »

Does the squad carry flasks or any kind of liquid containers? I think they go for those first, if possible. Does the dwarf have access to liquid (preferably booze)?
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Euius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 08:45:30 pm »

I'm getting this a lot with 0.40 military.  Even a brief microsecond of "unable to reach target" locks them up from which they never recover.

They only way to save them *that I've found* is to reset their job.  This requires dfhack, and the simplest way to do it is to knock them unconscious

Select the unit in game (v mode or unit list) and enter lua:

[lua]# dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit().counters.unconscious=10

Bartok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 02:56:08 pm »

He didn't have a flask, and my fort is full of booze, so I did two things:

1. built a booze stockpile under him
2. got the corpses of fallen enemies hauled away to a refuse pile

I think it was the second one that got him moving, as he ignored the booze I put under him, and headed off to one that was in a dining room.

Thanks for the DFHack command.  I made a backup in case he died, and would have tried that next!

Thanks again people :)