Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RWBY, Black Rock Shooter Mod?  (Read 1505 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
RWBY, Black Rock Shooter Mod?
« on: August 31, 2014, 02:23:46 pm »

I was just wondering if anyone was interested in working on a RWBY or Black Rock Shooter mod, or both? I think it would be pretty complicated with the transforming weapons and such, and the RWBY mod even more complicated because you'd have to add Aura, Semblances, Transformable Weapons, Dust, Weapons/Aura/Semblance Reactions to Dust, Different Dust Types with Different Effects, Adding Grimm/Torchwiks Gang/Cinder Falls' Gang/Juniors Gang/White Fang, Adding Roman Torchwik/Cinder Fall/Emerald/Mercury/Junior/Miltia and Melanie/Ursa Major/King Taipitu/Alpha Beowulf/Giant Nevermore/Lead Deathstalker as Bosses (with Miltia and Melanie coming at the same time) Different types of Projectiles, Dust/Aura/Semblance/Weapon Reactions to these Projectiles, Having your fort instead become a School, Creating as many Semblances as you can think of, and Allowing the Bosses/Human Attackers able to use Dust and their special Abilities from the show, and having your dwarves/students getting Transformable/Multi-Purpose weapons and their own kind of semblance.

Like i said, REALLY complicated for RWBY, Less complicated but still pretty complex for Black Rock Shooter.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RWBY, Black Rock Shooter Mod?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 01:01:15 am »

Of course i can picture the BRS mod as mainly an Adventure mode mod, but still, is no-one interested in creating this? I can give a multitude of ideas for anything relating to these 2 subjects, so long as someone is capable of modding them in. I have only started practicing DF modding by messing with the files in DF but i'm nowhere near good enough to this, but i do have the idea's and resource information for the things to be added and such.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 08:33:31 pm »

I'll preface this by stating that I don't really know anything about the settings.

Transforming weapons isn't directly possible. You could get a make-shift version through reactions that take one weapon and output another, but that would only be possible for adventurers or at workshops in Fort Mode. It would also have the issue of the item qualities changing when the reactions occur. You could alternatively make a single weapon that functions as multiple weapons.

Making a single creature to function as a specific named individual could also be difficult. I would personally abstract the bosses as fanciful creatures, which would show up in art but not actually appear in-game. Or have them as extremely rare castes of a creature within a civilization, which can fill up a special noble position that can only accept that caste.

Interactions can be quite versatile, and may be able to do much of what you want, but again, I don't know enough about the settings to tell you anything specific.

Edit: Grammar issues.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 10:38:57 pm by BlackFlyme »

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 12:09:34 am »

Ah, thanks for telling me all this, i'll re-think it over with what you just told me, thanks for the info! (really helps, especially since i'm still new to DF's file and scripting type)

Prudent Viper

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Unprofessional
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 08:03:20 pm »

FYI, universes with unspecific backgrounds and creatures are much easier to mod into DF than than specific ones. The problem isn't making the characters work, it's making them work in a acceptable manner in normal gameplay. E.g. One Weiss is cool, a whole race of them is not.

That being said, you could quite easily make them work in adventure mode only. Create the character as a caste of a race, but set their ratio  as something that will never show up in world gen e.g one Yellow for every hundred million dwarves. Adventurers however can choose their caste at will, so you could hop in and play as your favourite character. Hell, you could even retire all of the characters at a site and then recruit them with the one you wanted to play. Voila! Team of young anime girls with gunswords.
Apologies if I'm not completely clear. It's late at night :).
*Tryrar fires Prudent Viper. Out of a cannon. Into the sun*

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 10:04:08 pm »

FYI, universes with unspecific backgrounds and creatures are much easier to mod into DF than than specific ones. The problem isn't making the characters work, it's making them work in a acceptable manner in normal gameplay. E.g. One Weiss is cool, a whole race of them is not.

That being said, you could quite easily make them work in adventure mode only. Create the character as a caste of a race, but set their ratio  as something that will never show up in world gen e.g one Yellow for every hundred million dwarves. Adventurers however can choose their caste at will, so you could hop in and play as your favourite character. Hell, you could even retire all of the characters at a site and then recruit them with the one you wanted to play. Voila! Team of young anime girls with gunswords.
Apologies if I'm not completely clear. It's late at night :).

No you were quite clear don't worry ^^, i actually wasn't picturing adding in the main/canon characters from RWBY other than the antagonists as Mega-Beasts or something similar that can't reproduce and only can have 1 generated each world.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 10:06:15 pm by Unknown72 »