Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [SOLVED] World gen problems  (Read 1075 times)

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
[SOLVED] World gen problems
« on: September 01, 2014, 09:38:50 am »

I'm not an expert in world-gen settings, so I hope somebody can help with this:
I'm trying to create a world using any custom settings included in the pack, but it always ends up rejecting every world when it comes to placing civilizations; this happens only when I try to create a "dwarven fortress only" game.
What am I supposed to change to actually be able to generate a playable world? I have not even tried dwarf mode yet because of this...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 05:47:27 pm by 94dima94 »
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: World gen problems
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 01:07:38 pm »

I experienced a similar problem yesterday. Just check the civ settings in the masterwork launcher. Make sure you have the options for dwarf (or whatever you want to play) civ active and fort ticked. If that is done, you should be able to gen a world.

While I don't think it's entirely necessary, you can also try making sure all the other civs are not ticked for fort mode.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2014, 01:16:07 pm »

Dwarves are on; btw I have this problem only with dwarves; if i add another civ, the world generates without problems, but dwarves are not available for fort mode.
It looks like dwarves are unplayable for some reason, because in other worlds I had dwarven merchants, but not a dwarven civ for fort mode.
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 03:18:34 pm »

Strange. My dwarf mode is working fine at the moment.

Try loading one of the premade profiles and see if that fixes it.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 03:24:10 pm »

No, there isn't a profile that works, I tried them all.

firefly68

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 04:05:44 pm »

Well, I have no other ideas except to try redownloading MDF. Something might have gone corrupt somewhere.

slay_mithos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 04:21:47 pm »

Did you double check that you had dwarves "Fort" column enabled in the launcher?

If multiple races enabled, you might also need to switch your "current" civ when choosing your site, but as I understand things, it should not be a problem here.

What world preset did you try?
For the 55 people who did download V1.5 till now:  You human race is not working.
It is ok, I'm used to that in RL so why should my game be different :p
DFHack tips and tricks for your everyday tasks

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 04:38:31 pm »

Well, I have no other ideas except to try redownloading MDF. Something might have gone corrupt somewhere.

Ok, this technically worked. Well, I had to re-download the files twice before the problem was solved, but still, now somehow it works.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2014, 04:56:59 pm »

Try making a bigger world; since there's a lot more races in MW than in vanilla, sometimes map-generation will fail to place at least one of each. I had a similar issue trying to gen a world with a human civ, and a 125x125 world fixed it.

EDIT: Ah, you fixed it already. Nevermind then.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle