Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Savescumming  (Read 7365 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Savescumming
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2014, 02:32:06 am »

I personally think whatever is fine. I've savescummed myself when I had a few game crashes with my best adventurer that I didn't want to have to start over from, because he had a few really good hand-crafted items that were quite literally irreplaceable. Same with a few fortresses that I accidentally starved to death, I savescummed on those because I didn't want to go through the process of preparing another embark. If you wanna, do it. If not, then don't. I doubt many people care.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2014, 04:24:31 pm »

So, do any of the hardcore players want to try their hands at golf?

Quote from: Ars Technica
A game of Desert Golfing is by necessity an unbroken string of forward progress, with an ever-increasing score marking each completed hole. The only way to turn back the clock is to delete the app and restart from hole 1 with a brand new score of zero.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

mnjiman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2014, 03:16:22 pm »

When people make suggestions that could greatly affect the integrity of a game I enjoy, that is when I care. I can also have my own opinions just like everyone else in this thread.

So I guess you won't mind an optional init option to optionally make optional savescumming optional? Can't see that breaking any game's integrity. If that would cause anyone to be tempted to savescum, while they would be less inclined to do so without the optionality, the only integrity affected is their own, not the game's, silly  ;D

I can live with that as long as the default is always left too how the game is currently.
I was thinking more along the lines of this legendary champion, all clad in dented and dinged up steel plate, his blood-drenched axe slung over his back, a notch in the handle for every enemy that saw the swing of that blade as the last sight they ever saw, a battered shield strapped over his arm... and a fluffy, pink stuffed hippo hidden discretely in his breastplate.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]