Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My game review blog needs a new name...  (Read 882 times)

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
My game review blog needs a new name...
« on: September 01, 2014, 11:24:11 pm »

It's currently called Gamer's Rant.  I'm aiming to be a bit more... professional.  But that sort of name kind of sucks for professionalism :X  And I kind of suck at coming up with names.  Here's a few I thought of:

Chippy's Fragments (Chippy is my other internet alias)
Spoilers!
Alpha Review, Meta Blog

For my reviews, I like to review the game then include a commentary about if the game improved on features from other games.  I basically judge the game if it added to gaming as a whole or took away from it.  Stuff like that.  Anyone else have any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 03:32:11 am by Euld »

Thief^

• Bay Watcher
  • Official crazy person
    • View Profile
Re: My game review blog needs a new name...
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 03:47:24 am »

The name's not the problem, one of my favourite review series is called WTF Is...? which doesn't sound professional in name but gets hundreds of thousands of views per episode on youtube and earns the author enough to live off.

The problem is that you only have 7 reviews on there in 3½ years. If you want to review games, review games.
Dwarven blood types are not A, B, AB, O but Ale, Wine, Beer, Rum, Whisky and so forth.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 07:21:50 am »

I like the name actually. It gives me a chuckle and makes me want to read the site (which I'm doing now)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 01:04:17 pm »

The name's not the problem, one of my favourite review series is called WTF Is...? which doesn't sound professional in name but gets hundreds of thousands of views per episode on youtube and earns the author enough to live off.

The problem is that you only have 7 reviews on there in 3½ years. If you want to review games, review games.
I agree here. The name is fine, just get to churning out those reviews! Give yourself a few days, tops, to play a game, and then start writing.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 01:16:36 pm »

I'd say "Gamer's Rant" is a professional enough name for a gaming blog :P

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 05:42:42 pm »

Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

Gaming is inherently giddy if you stay at all in the mainstream. I too find your current name to be as good as any I've come across.