Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: +«DF»+ Fine Polish Mod [WIP]  (Read 1841 times)

Arkenstone

• Bay Watcher
  • Perfect Clear Diamond
    • View Profile
+«DF»+ Fine Polish Mod [WIP]
« on: September 02, 2014, 12:43:41 am »

Oops, I didn't notice this subforum earlier... I guess I might as well restart here, then.

Anyways, my primary aim here is refining the game mechanics without altering its tone or focus. This means tweaking, balancing, and even pruning elements far more than adding them. It is my intent to stay true to original feel of the game as much as possible, and only make changes where I feel something is "missing" from vanilla DF.

The mod's raw is posted on GitHub:
https://github.com/Nnelg/DF-Fine-Polish

Features: (limited for now; have to start somewhere)
  • Rebalances the value of metal alloys.
  • Expands glazing with more accurate lead/tin glaze and several mineral pigments.

Anything else I think of I'll toss in as well. Currently I'm thinking of going into rebalancing stone occurrences and organizing creatures by biome. I'm also considering adding some variety to deep metals, but aren't as sure of that one.

Quote from: Retro
Dwarven economics are still in the experimental stages. The humans have told them that they need to throw a lot of money around to get things going, but every time the dwarves try all they just end up with a bunch of coins lying all over the place.

The EPIC Dwarven Drinking Song of Many Names

Feel free to ask me any questions you have about logic/computing; I'm majoring in the topic.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: +«DF»+ Fine Polish Mod [WIP]
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:30:16 am »

Posting to watch. Again.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.