Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 109975 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)
« on: September 05, 2014, 03:55:58 am »

Welcome to the second museum adventure game! The game is based on the same idea, and the same rules as the first succession game, which can be found here

The game is centered around a museum. The idea is that our adventurers are going to fill it with artifacts and treasure that they collect from all over the world.
When it's your turn your adventurer has one (real time) week to collect -one- item and bring it to the museum or die trying. To keep things interesting there's something extra: if you die early, or if you manage to collect an item well ahead of schedule you can use the rest of your week to (secretly) build a fortress, for future adventurers to adventure in. adventurers that survive can be retired at the museum or elsewhere.
I did a more extensive write-up of the rules, read this if you are going to play a turn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The museum has been constructed on the southern continent, within the borders of the human kingdom of Gil Ettad, just south of the town of Ageford along the road to Cutsprinkled. It is also known by the local population as the dwarven settlement of Throneshields.

You can always request to take your turn later once you are on the list. Please note that the turn list is -long-. If you don't feel like waiting that long you can also sign up for the first museum game, which is still running ( here )
Current turn list:

1: CaptainMcClellan link
2: Theflame52 link 1, 2
3: Timeless Bob link 1, 2-4
4: Bralbaard link 1-2, 3, 4, 5
5: The Lupanian link
6: Argonnek link
7: Escondida  link
8: Kalsb link
9: Plancky link
10: Kromgar link 1, (2-3)
11: Tehsapper link 1, 2... writing...
12: Eric Blank link
13: NAV link
15:  Nail link 1, 2
17: Unraveller link 1, 2, 3, 4
18: Deus Asmoth Link 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
19: Rendell link 1, 2, 3, 4.
20: Tonnot98 link 1, 2.
21: 0996395 link 1, 2, 3-4, 5.

22: Bralbaard link 1,...(writing)
23: Timeless Bob link
24: Tacomagic (never finished)
(game ended..)

-----------------
Timeless Bob has constructed a 3D model of the museum in sketchup, more information here.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 02:17:04 pm by Bralbaard »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 03:56:22 am »

You enter the settlement of Throneshields. There is no need to ask were the museum is, the town only has a few workshops and buildings, and all of them are dwarfed by the central building, an impressive structure made of dark stone that seems to radiate a strange energy.

You enter the structure. There is a heavy wooden wagon in the middle of the room. Alarmingly it greets you with a heavy rumbling voice. It goes silent leaving you to ponder if you just imagined the strange greeting. Uneasily you look around the room. A number of items are on display, but most of the tables are empty:

0: A talking wagon A magical speaking wagon that dispenses advice and knowledge to visitors and adventurers.
There is a sign next to the wagon: "not an official sumbission, it arrived on it's own".
1: A +sterling silver flask+ filled with 'magical booze from Strifefulglories'. Drink at your own risk, its stronger than sewer brew! Submitted by Lomam Puzzledrinks the Sandaled Handle of Letters (Bralbaard). It is rumoured that the flask may contain something else entirely.
2: The skulls of the feared goblin bandits Snamoz Bemonga and Nguslu Duzobngokang Submitted by Oli Trueangel (The Lupanian)
3: The horns of Yellfamous, the mighty minotaur Thomod Sinaabo, the manliest man (unraveller) tore the horns from the skull of the mighty minotaur in an act of supreme manliness. It is said that the disfigured minotaur is still alive, and has been the target of taunting and further torture by other adventurers since.
4: A pile of 57 skulls  The vampire Urdim Mindknife the pungent empire-theatre of fields (Deus Asmoth) submitted this gruesome exhibit, after single-handedly slaying several armies.
5: Another pile of skulls Onec Charcoaltrammel (0996395) was inspired by earlier submissions. His pile includes the skull of Lomam Puzzledrinks, who submitted the museums first exhibit, and a variety of other sentient and animal skulls.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 03:12:56 pm by Bralbaard »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 03:56:42 am »

The world map can be found here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sites:
1 :The museum (Throneshields) (Founded by Bralbaard) The museum was founded just south of the City of Ageford, along the road to Cutsprinkled.
2 :Murderedflags (Founded by Timeless Bob) Explored by Thomod Sinaabo (Unraveller) A small ruined fortress ruled by a mad king.
3 :Bookamazes (Founded by Timeless Bob) Explored by 0996395 The only person who actually visited this site (Onec Charcoaltrammel) is said to have gone stark raving mad when he was confronted with whatever he found there. He gave into starvation and passed away not much later.
4 :Granitetrusses (Founded by Timeless Bob?) This unexplored site lies close to the frozen wastes on the Northern end of the world.
5 :Strifefulglories the Ageless Honor (constructed by Eric Blank) Explored by Bralbaard. A dwarven settlement on the edge of a dense jungle, with only wooden walls it is somewhat vulnerable to invaders.
6 :Washedpaddle (constructed by Plancky) A lonely dwarven outpost on a continent ruled by elves.
7 :EvenedAnvils (Founded by Timeless Bob) Partly explored by the Lupanian. A mysterious hunting lodge not far from the museum.
8 :Warmbeaches the Lush Green Land-Fortress of Swimming (build by Escondida) Little is known about this fortress, except for the fact that it must be lush, and green, on land, and is sure to have nice warm beaches that are good for swimming. 
9 :Purplecastle of Rumors (Founded by Plancky) There are a lot of rumors told about this place, but so far there are no hard facts.
10:Gladjungles (Founded by Tehsapper) Explored by Ral Roadmagic (Rendell). A dwarven settlement with densily packed wooden houses.
11:Dragonhearth (Founded by Eric Blank) Partly explored. Luto Shipwines (Tonnot99), partly explored the ruins but was incinerated by the dragon.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 03:13:50 pm by Bralbaard »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 03:56:58 am »

Please note that I'm not completely sure if I got all the credits for who constructed the starting sites right, because I did not see all the save games.
Please correct me if I got anything wrong. Also, I know Timeless Bob also reclaimed some existing worldgen sites, but those are hard to track down in legends mode, and have not been marked on the map. If someone points them out I could add them, alternatively it could be a surprise for any adventurers that stumble across them.

The save game for the first turn can be found here.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 04:31:45 am by Bralbaard »

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 04:31:36 am »

Yay!
Is there a land connection between the two large continents?
left eye

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 04:35:09 am »

Almost. The map was made with a little help from PerfectworldDF, and some features like the small seperation between the continents are intentional.

A bridge could be build in a standard sized embark, if I'm not mistaken. For the time being we lack a bridge, but it would be easy to swim across.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 07:36:44 am by Bralbaard »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 05:58:07 am »

Excccccellleeeent
I've lost control of my life.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 06:13:57 am »

Reserving this post here for the new adventurer list!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 06:17:56 am by kesperan »
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Clabbage

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm NOT a purple cabbage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 06:25:28 am »

So keen for this :D

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 07:18:35 am »

ptw

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 07:22:20 am »

Sign me up for a turn please.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 07:33:46 am »

Reserving this post here for the new adventurer list!

Great to hear that you want to do this for the second museum game as well. I'll link to it from the first post when there is actually something to report. Thanks!

I'll update the turn list. 30 people on the list, it may take a while before it gets to the last people.

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 07:50:59 am »

Yay, finally.
Message me a year later when it's my turn :P
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 12:00:10 pm »

So excited! There will be blood!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 12:43:00 pm »

Yay!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39