Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 109181 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2014, 06:06:18 pm »

I actually did submit something, there are two goblin skulls, one of them is a boss( a puny submission but a submission none the less) sign me up for another turn please
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2014, 06:43:14 am »

The turn list has been updated, I'll put your submission in the museum once the story has been posted, that way I can post a bit more background information.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 06:49:04 am by Bralbaard »

Tavern

• Bay Watcher
  • Adventure Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2014, 07:11:46 am »

Ooh, is it too late to get onto this list? This looks like a lot of fun :D

Tacomagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud Sir Wordy McWordiness at your service.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2014, 08:48:46 am »

If we can still sign up, I'd love a turn.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2014, 12:58:14 pm »

Okay, I would like a turn if I can get one.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 13, 2014, 01:24:03 pm »

Ooh, is it too late to get onto this list? This looks like a lot of fun :D

I've updated the turn list, keep in mind that the turn list is long, it will likely take over half a year before it gets to you.

Kalsb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 17, 2014, 01:53:28 am »

Well, this was a surprise... I had no idea I was on the list. I really hope I don't have amnesia or something. Anyway, now's not a good time but since I'm already signed up, can I be bumped down a turn or too? I need some time to catch up.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 17, 2014, 06:21:58 am »

You probably signed up for the first museum game ages ago. The turn list for that game was more or less copied to this game because everybody agreed they'd rather play in the new DF version instead. (Note that the old museum game has had new signups since the list was emptied and is still running)

I'll move you down two places in the turn list. That makes it Argonnek's turn.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 17, 2014, 11:35:25 am »

My parents always told me that my curiosity would kill me, but I think they even those dirt farmers would be surprised at me this time.

Yep, I'm trapped in the catacombs beneath Ageford, the town with a thousand priests. And I've run out of food.

But what's this? I hear something in the depths...

Why hello there. I seem to have found the bandits that have been harassing us for years now. Since I'm down here anyway, I should probably interrupt the family business. I sneak over and take up a crossbow from the corpse of one of their companions and then clumsily fire bolts at the chieftess. This was a terrible idea, as a nearby maceman jumps over and shatters my shoulder before everything goes dark.

Yet another short story that ends in (predictable) disaster.

The save is here, and please sign me up for another turn.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 03:58:22 pm by Argonnek »

Clabbage

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm NOT a purple cabbage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2014, 01:09:24 am »

Ouch, I believe that's one of the shortest stories posted in either of the Museums. Ah well, just means the turn list goes faster ;)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2014, 12:34:53 pm »

Armok wept (tears of laughter)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2014, 01:45:48 pm »

The next player can start, it seems. At least we may feel comforted by the fact that it was a happy ending for this poor goblin family.

Lovely conversation too :D. according to the devblog characters will have more options to discuss their feelings and emotions in conversation in the next version, I wonder what that will lead to. I know Toady threatened us with a random poetry generator at some point.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2014, 02:20:13 pm »

The next player can start, it seems. At least we may feel comforted by the fact that it was a happy ending for this poor goblin family.

Lovely conversation too :D. according to the devblog characters will have more options to discuss their feelings and emotions in conversation in the next version, I wonder what that will lead to. I know Toady threatened us with a random poetry generator at some point.

Random poetry generator might also mean that the language will have a more complex syntax than the present tortured version! Ooooooo!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2014, 02:39:22 pm »

It was a comment made years ago, so don't get your hopes up. Also because of the expected quality of randomly generated poetry, it might be "for the best" if this feature is never actually completed.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2014, 02:39:51 pm »

here's my story...

I am Oli Trueangel, I come from the town of Ageford, tired of this simple life, I desided it was time to cut my ties to this life of peasantry and set out for adventure,

I first went down into the catacombs of ageford passing the many holy men that this city is known to house.

I didn't find the equipment I was hoping for, but I stumbled unto a goblin boss, down on his luck his band had abandoned him, all but for one loyal companion, I slew them without much trouble and took thier skulls as remembrance.

I heard tell of a museum to the south of ageford, a place were the mightiest of champions would place their artifacts for the world to witness and tales and songs would be written from the pieces of legend held within, I set of to this place, I knew in my heart that I was destined for glory.

I reached the museum, some small structures lied shambled around, poor dwarven workshops and tradeposts, but there, in the middle of this slum of dwarven shambles, laid the museum, a mighty stone monolith, a place were legends truly could be founded. I placed my skulls into its great hall, thinking that I would come later with a greater treasure that my name could ring upon for generations.

I set out to a nearby hamlet, finding that is was abandoned I went into the mead hall and there found enough armor to cover me, it was not all of the best metal, but not an inch of skin would be exposed to blade.

I heard of some mysterious hunting lodge, and for there I set, on my way I met the legendary  Doc Timeless, gentlemen adventurer, we exchanged tales of our travels and set on our separate paths,
I found the hunting lodge, I explored, finding it to be inhabited. though I found nothing of interest, I did not explore to thoroughly, I decided to leave its secrets to the hands of future adventurers, who knows what treasures it holds.

My further travels into the world proved uneventful, Finding nothing but an abandoned city surrounded be uninhabited caves, I have decided to go to the forbidden lands, these lands of shadow hold a mysterious enchantment with me, as though a distant voice is calling me into the darkness.

It was a trap, I have been fooled by the wicked trickery of these forsaken lands, as I make my final stand against these undead beasts, I now know that my songs shall go unsung, my tales unspoken, and my legends unwritten ,as my body falls in this forbidden region, the name Oli Trueangel will be forgotten.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 39