Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 110481 times)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2014, 10:42:58 pm »

I noticed all those who have died are lacking something... They refuse to choke fluffy rabbits... for hours on end. You will all know the power of choking once I get my chance to play.

After that I'll be swimming with the fishes
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:46:49 pm by Kromgar »

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2014, 09:24:33 am »

I noticed all those who have died are lacking something... They refuse to choke fluffy rabbits... for hours on end. You will all know the power of choking once I get my chance to play.

After that I'll be swimming with the fishes

This is right! We need more training montages of people wrestling the local fauna before they go out to be horribly murdered, this way they might stand a chance.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2014, 03:23:33 pm »

In the latest, choking works much, much faster. Like two or three turns. It isn't a good way to train anymore.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2014, 04:39:40 pm »

Choking Bogeymen is always fun. It's how my last guy in The Museum I got his Fighter skill to over 80000...
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2014, 02:42:50 pm »

According to the devlog df 40.14 has been released, and it includes a full thought/emotion wipe of every sentient creature. A noble attempt by the gods to bring some sanity to this world, but I doubt it will have the desired effect. We will see what the next adventurers have to report.

Also, there has been no response from thedwarfy1, it's Escondida's turn now.

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2014, 03:32:36 pm »

Welp, I'm already dead. I'll try and build an interesting fortress in secret and get that uploaded in the next couple days.

The Short, Sad Tale of Datan Warmthtorch

Ugh...my head is throbbing. Where am I, anyway?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...ah. In the middle of the deep roads, surrounded by dead troglodytes, with my aunt's old sword and shield. That...that must've been some new year's party. I wonder which way I came from. Oh no! By Etom! I need to get home! I promised my parents I'd visit them yesterday to have a quiet, family New Year's Eve, but in all the excitement of the big New Year's Eve party in the dining hall, I just forgot! They must be worried, and mom'll give me that awful look she does. Okay, keep calm. I'll just pick a direction, and ask for help at the first fort I find. No problem. I'll get back in time for dinner, and we'll all have a laugh about my binge and black-out, and I'll be in time to resume duty on the third.

It seems like I've been traveling down here for days. I come across a huge field of plump helmets, so I call out again and again hoping to find the farmer tending them, but no one comes. I guess the fort that grew them must be abandoned. For no reason I can explain I set several of them on fire. I mean, I loathe the things, ever since I lived in that one fort where all we ate was plump helmets and all we drank was wine, but arson? That's not me. It must be the caverns getting to me.

You have to be kidding me! How did they build the road through a magma pipe‽ Oh, Etom, no! The magma is spreading! It held its form until I got here, and then suddenly it all came rushing towards me! How will I ever escape?

Finally, at very the end of the road, I come across a ramp to the surface. The fortress here is also abandoned, save for one drunk not fit to give me any helpful information. Day is dawning as I emerge onto the surface, and it takes my eyes a while to adjust to the light, which is why it takes me a bit to notice where I am.

The Dead Lands. I decide to run for it. I've heard rumors of human holdings to the east of this blighted waste, and if I can make it there, maybe they can help me get ho--

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2014, 05:26:29 pm »

Well, there are certainly worse ways to go than being kicked to death by a rhinoceros corpse...
left eye

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2014, 10:41:25 pm »

In the latest, choking works much, much faster. Like two or three turns. It isn't a good way to train anymore.

Oh thats good. Because I tend to also break their joints... repeatedly far more effective than choking

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2014, 10:42:48 pm »

According to the devlog df 40.14 has been released, and it includes a full thought/emotion wipe of every sentient creature. A noble attempt by the gods to bring some sanity to this world, but I doubt it will have the desired effect. We will see what the next adventurers have to report.

Also, there has been no response from thedwarfy1, it's Escondida's turn now.

Free mind cleanings for all please enter the brain wash chamber to scrub out that personality and memory

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2014, 02:05:02 am »

Ugh...my head is throbbing. Where am I, anyway?

...ah. In the middle of the deep roads, surrounded by dead troglodytes, with my aunt's old sword and shield. That...that must've been some new year's party. I wonder which way I came from.

First victim of the thought wipe..

escondida

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2014, 10:43:51 am »

Hehe, to tell you the truth, I haven't bothered to update to 0.40.14 yet! Maybe she was just an early victim...somehow. Or maybe she just got really, really, really drunk, even for a dwarf. (-:

kevinfragger2427

• Bay Watcher
  • I SIMP FOR NW_KOHAKU SEMPAIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2014, 10:01:03 pm »

An adventure? Sign me up!

If it's not to late, I'd like to partake in some of this madness, being an extremely d-rated comedian talented cheesemaker barbaric masochist myself.

EDIT: Oh, I wasn't aware the save was still in 40.13. Is it okay to play with .14?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:02:55 pm by kevinfragger2427 »
NW_Kohaku, marry me this instant!!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2014, 12:16:58 am »

The only way to find out is to do it. If irreversible crashes result, you will probably be forgiven. And that would suck, because bralbaard would be left starting a new world. Again.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Aelund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2014, 02:58:39 am »

I'd like to sign up too, even though I probably won't get to play for a year or so, lol. Will be watching for now :>

kevinfragger2427

• Bay Watcher
  • I SIMP FOR NW_KOHAKU SEMPAIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2014, 09:14:14 am »

The new emotion-system may be what breaks the save, since it introduces several new mechanics. (adding new emotions with circumstances is more hardcode-y than it sounds)
NW_Kohaku, marry me this instant!!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 39