Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 110559 times)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #165 on: November 10, 2014, 09:16:17 am »

That looks like a lot more than two hits. What did you do, throw it off a cliff?

Well the 2nd hit made it pass out then I broke all the bones in its body... and its teeth. Sadly I couldn't break its eye teeth and it bit off my drunk friends head after waking up. I could only find the head for some mysterious reason. After it woke up I made it go unconcious again and pulped its head.

Dragons are great training dummies. I even wrastled with it too.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 09:19:37 am by Kromgar »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2014, 01:58:35 am »

Ah. So a lot more than two hits to kill it, yeah. Just passed out in two hits.

LIAR!

Nah, I kid. Good job. Remember to reanimate your friends head and tell him to be more careful next time.

Also also, does beating up unconscious enemies give skill experience now?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 11, 2014, 05:56:28 am »

Ah. So a lot more than two hits to kill it, yeah. Just passed out in two hits.

LIAR!

Nah, I kid. Good job. Remember to reanimate your friends head and tell him to be more careful next time.

Also also, does beating up unconscious enemies give skill experience now?

Wait? What no i broke all its bones for fun. I could of pulped its head in 10 hits. Instead I targeted every body part I could. Dang Plancky where is that save
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 06:28:29 am by Kromgar »

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2014, 12:06:53 am »

Here is the link.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/acigeg7x873sqgo/museum2turn9.zip?dl=0

I would like to sign up for another turn.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 12:09:45 am by Plancky »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 12, 2014, 02:01:48 pm »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 12, 2014, 04:00:52 pm »

Here's the current map, with the new fortress "purplecastle of rumors"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 12, 2014, 04:46:00 pm »

So... I decided to check out Lomam real quick and he suffocated to death.

Well shit

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 12, 2014, 05:17:58 pm »

Aack! curse you Kromgar !!  ;D

It seems that broken spine thing finally cought up with me now that Toady did some bugfixing, much as predicted:

(OOC: so somehow those horrible wounds from the fall all healed. My upper spine still shows up in cyan, which I think means a complete loss of function, but I'm doing fine actually. If Toady ever fixes that bug, my character will suddenly suffocate in seconds)

Well at least I died an interesting death..
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 05:22:53 pm by Bralbaard »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 12, 2014, 05:54:53 pm »

Aack! curse you Kromgar !!  ;D

It seems that broken spine thing finally cought up with me now that Toady did some bugfixing, much as predicted:

(OOC: so somehow those horrible wounds from the fall all healed. My upper spine still shows up in cyan, which I think means a complete loss of function, but I'm doing fine actually. If Toady ever fixes that bug, my character will suddenly suffocate in seconds)

Well at least I died an interesting death..

Suddenly Lomam was sitting at home in his duplex when suddenly he couldn't move his legs or arms or breathe. He began wriggling out the door in a panic. Thus ends Lomam's story.

No one has survived the Museum

Edit: Finally got my texture pack working again. It was frustrating seeing my Hammerdwarf look like a corpse
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:20:14 pm by Kromgar »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 12, 2014, 07:31:32 pm »

So i had a post about how i was choking a eagle but I accidentally pasted over it with this.

WHAT THE HELL?

I... I didn't even attack the guy.

What the fuck? I was just creeping around sneaking.

Can I get a redo? I didn't  know people attacked you if you had weapons out.(I think this is why he attacked me?)

I mean I understand if you say no. But I doubt i will make a fortress after that.

EDIT:

Okay so I got a better look at my cobat log and I didn't have my weapons out and I was in a dwarven city why the hell was I attacked?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:48:53 pm by Kromgar »

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 12, 2014, 07:45:02 pm »

Yeah they sometimes do eversince everyone stopped running away in fear at the slightest thing. q is your friend.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 12, 2014, 07:46:05 pm »

Yeah they sometimes do eversince everyone stopped running away in fear at the slightest thing. q is your friend.

I did have my weapons strapped so I have no clue what the hell just happened. Seems to be a bug?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:47:51 pm by Kromgar »

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 12, 2014, 07:47:37 pm »

Maybe the spearman likes eagles?

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2014, 07:48:42 pm »

Maybe the spearman likes eagles?

I had been way out of his vision range and I had been sneaking the entire time I was choking the eagle. Then I walked up a hill to the northwest and he stabbed me. When I got in his vision range.

I never had anyone kill me for Sneaking around in my playtests of this version

Thing was I was just walking around and then BAM i was dead. I was in a Hill Dwarf city.

I'll just make a copy of the save and if Bralbaard says no I'll upload it. I'll just start a new adventurer and play again like normal for now. Thats such bullshit. I didn't even engage in a hostile activity he could see and the eagle had flown away
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:53:19 pm by Kromgar »

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2014, 08:55:02 pm »

I'll delete this all if Bralbaard says no to me starting a new character

--------------------------------------------------

Diary Log of Kromgar Planeslayer:

Day 1: Morning

My friend Olin Crystalglove has gone missing on a journey to the east. It has been 2 weeks and he has not sent a Letter as he promised he would.

Day 1: Afternoon (Blood spatters are all over the pages)

Bandits attacked as I enter Wheelsrained. I didn't even know Bandits were in the area. How horrifying. There were 5 of them. I ran north into the hills as I knew I couldn't beat them alone. Arrows whirred by me and one was blocked by my shield. I then heard the Spear Bandit exlaim he killed Olin. THAT BASTARD KILLED MY FRIEND. As I ran a whip wielding bandit followed chase as I tired I he caught up nearly hitting me... I knew there was only one option left. I turned around and swung my Hammer with the Wrath of ARMOK HIMSELF. I blocked his whip and Caved in his skull

I saw no other bandits nearby they must have stopped giving chase. I then went prone and began sneaking back up to where I last saw them. I knew my training in sneaking would pay off as I got over the bend and saw a Crossbowmen searching for me. I snuck up behind him and caved in his skull. He didn't even get to know his killer.

The same happened with that traitor dwarf with him. I fractured his skull and he immediately passed out. I then crushed his neck and moved on to the Spearman that killed Olin. The  same occured. An assassin with a mace is  surely better than one.

KROMGAR CHOOSES SURPRISE! (Written in Blood)

----------------------------------------------------------

So... apparently the guy who killed me was a bandit... I'm surprised that he didn't announce he was attacking me. Usually any bandit attack comes with I AM FROM THE WINKLY TINKLY ROLLY POLLIES PREPARE TO DIE.

This version sure is different.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 39