Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 110047 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Azhf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 03:09:51 am »

The world map can be found here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wow, nice map. I might have to use that world for personal adventures. I don't think I've ever had a world quite like it!

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 11:47:47 am »

I want in!
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2014, 02:40:36 am »

You've been added.

Also, is there any news captainmclellan?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2014, 11:15:31 am »

You've been added.

Also, is there any news captainmclellan?
Yes. Bad news everyone! I'm dead! Full post with pictures and story to be posted by the end of the day along with the save and the podcast. Quick overview:

Ringo Kolevost:
Level: Peasant; Locally important
  • Killed a cat.
  • Killed a dwarf
  • Stole some stuff.
  • Killed a goat
  • Killed a wolverine
  • Made it out of the mountains.

Also, on a related topic, this is the first time I've gotten to really play with the new combat system and I gotta say I really love it. :)

EDIT: Can I be re-added for a second try?

Sheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2014, 12:08:38 am »

Can you add me to the list? I'm interested.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2014, 03:30:16 am »

There's an audio log of the first part of my adventure, but I seemed to have misplaced it. Summary: I killed a cat, not knowing it would get me in trouble with the fort, so being an outlaw already, I steal a bunch of stuff and kill a dwarf for fighting practice. I then find my way out of the fort with noone being the wiser, become Proficient in Ambusher while doing that and start trying to find my way out of the mountain. Then there's the part where I had to switch to text log, but I took screen caps, and here you go! ( My item was a troll bone figurine of a forgotten beast. )

Having left my station, heading west, I encountered a mountain goat and decided to slay it for food. After beating the goat to a bloody pulp and strangling it until it went still, I decapitated it and butchered it, taking the meat and the choicer organs and leaving the rest to rot. Sadly, I could not bring the whole goat with me because I was still a fugitive cat-slayer.

2nd Obsidian, noonish: I have discovered a shallow brooke, where I shall bathe and drink my fill. I will follow this river downstream in hopes of finding my way out of the mountains.

A wolverine has spotted me and decided to attack!
Spoiler: GO BACK TO XMEN (click to show/hide)

After an epic battle, the wolverine lies dead at my feet. The time spent engaged with the wolverine has set me back further than I like... the sun is already dipping behind the peaks of the mountains and I have no travelling companion.

Spoiler: I killed Hugh Jackman! (click to show/hide)

I finally made it out of the mountains, travelling south through a wood when all of a sudden I hear the noise of evil cackling. This does not bode well for me... I have heard tells of the Bogeymen who wander the dark and in my mind it can be nothing else.

Spoiler: AMBUSHED. (click to show/hide)
~Epilogue~
Thus ends the tale of Ringo Catslayer Kolevost, brutally beaten to death by bogeymen in the night.

Continue?

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2014, 06:01:16 am »

Exiled for killing the forts favourite cat, tough but fair.

Sheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2014, 09:34:05 am »

Pfft, it was better being exiled than living in a sissy fortress like that.

You know something in wrong with a dwarven civilization when kittens aren't their main source of nutrition.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:38:16 am by Sheo »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2014, 02:44:26 pm »

Pfft, it was better being exiled than living in a sissy fortress like that.

You know something in wrong with a dwarven civilization when kittens aren't their main source of nutrition.
Right? So anyway, who's next? I wanna see somebody do better than dying the first night.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2014, 03:51:39 pm »

The Master's next, but you can finish your week building a fortress or something if I understand the rules correctly.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2014, 06:24:10 pm »

The Master's next, but you can finish your week building a fortress or something if I understand the rules correctly.
Yup. Build something tricky and trappy.  Dont include any instructions or clues and make instadeath a constant danger :P  also keep several wild animals and prisoners around in pits so that when you die they can escape to ambush adventures.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2014, 07:06:46 pm »

berzerk dwarves stick around too - so getting a soldier up to champion then getting him/her to go berzerk due to "sudden relative/pet death" before retiring can make the site and the sites around it pretty interesting.  I can just see the next Dishmab being more dangerous to sleeping adventurers than any night creature or boogie-man...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2014, 07:54:50 pm »

Just going to issue a quick challenge here: Gather one of every part of every plant and bring them all to the Museum. This mayrequire a new wing.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2014, 08:09:32 pm »

Just going to issue a quick challenge here: Gather one of every part of every plant and bring them all to the Museum. This mayrequire a new wing.

Precisely, what do you mean? 
Does "One part of every plant" = 1 leaf, 1 log, 1 root, 1 item of raw food, 1 seed, ect... for every plant in the world?

If so, I'll extend the challenge:

Living caged creatures (or complete skeletons if that's not possible) of each type and gender of mobile being in the world, including forgotten beasts and sentient races.

One sample of every type of mineral in the world, plus one bar of every alloy.

We may need to set up an entirely separate "Natural History" museum for such an endeavor.  If so, we should have wings for "flora", "fauna", "minerals", and "foreign cultures" (living or extinct) as well.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 39