Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 110142 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #315 on: May 04, 2015, 11:12:03 pm »

I hope you all enjoyed that nearly as much as I did! I'm hoping for greatness out of you all, don't let Thomod down! I'd like to be placed on the list again, thank you for the opportunity!

I leave you all with a word of advice:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:15:11 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

Addict7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 05, 2015, 10:59:16 am »

I've been lurking around the Museums (I and II) for a long time, yet Thomod's story is the first one that makes me want to post, just when I started to think that the Museum was dying...

Awesome storytelling.

Also, was Murderedflags really not interesting or did you avoid the place for another reason?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 05, 2015, 11:35:28 am »

Thanks a ton! I have been doing the same, lurking around the museum I mean. There was a time when I had applied for the first museum, however when my turn came around I became to nervous to post or respond. But I managed it this time around, so this is really empowering.

As for Murderflags, the fortress appeared to be just sitting above a lake with a large containing wall. Several corpses of animals and a few dwarves were strewn about. And other than the king, I could not find anything of interest. I could, of course, not have looked thoroughly enough.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 05, 2015, 04:53:43 pm »

Great story!
What item can I put down as your official submission to the museum?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 05, 2015, 05:34:11 pm »

Ah, that is right, only -one- submission. The dragon corpse seems more impressive, however I feel the horns are more symbolic of Thomod's staunch manliness, so lets stay with those.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 05, 2015, 06:00:54 pm »

My apologies. Work stuff and a landlord visit kept me busy for today, I promise a proper update tomorrow.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 06, 2015, 01:33:18 pm »

Took quite a bit of time, but it looks like I might finally be able to try my hand at an adventure in THIS museum!
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 06, 2015, 04:31:12 pm »

Ah, that is right, only -one- submission. The dragon corpse seems more impressive, however I feel the horns are more symbolic of Thomod's staunch manliness, so lets stay with those.

added:

3: The horns of Yellfamous, the mighty minotaur Thomod Sinaabo, the manliest man (unraveller) tore the horns from the skull of the mighty minotaur in an act of supreme manliness. It is said that the disfigured minotaur is still alive.

Also, I realised I had not yet added all fortresses to the map. Dragonhearth has been added. If I'm not mistaken, it was created by Eric blank. It's far, far north from the museum:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 06, 2015, 06:44:52 pm »

Excellent! I wonder how many in-game years will pass before my turn comes round again. I wonder if Thomod will even still be alive by then. Only time will tell.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:16:23 pm by Unraveller »

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 06, 2015, 08:15:49 pm »

I wonder who owns the hunting lodge to the south of the Museum now?  It's been awhile since it was first built.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 07, 2015, 05:36:31 pm »

Day 1: Impending Doom

My name is Urdim Ottanzasit. I'm not much of a traveller by nature- it has long been my family's duty to guard the so-called museum from danger, so I haven't left the place in years. However, some poser called Thomod arrived here recently and the Wagon has yet to declare that a new Quester has been chosen. Worse still, news has reached us of an army approaching to loot the sacred treasures of the Museum! Well, probably just the talking wagon to be honest. Most of the rest of the stuff here just looks like so much junk. In any case, with the Wagon yet to declare a new champion, my father has told me that I must seek out a worthy protector and convince them to aid us. Apparently, Thomod and Daseb, both former champions of the Wagon, are too busy doing important things like pulling arrows out of themselves to do anything about anything as minor as an army. And so I've been sent off with little more than a bronze sword to my name. I doubt I can do anything to stop an entire army by myself, but perhaps I can bring back some help before it's too late...

Or perhaps not.

Day 1, Part Two
My father always said that there was no joy to be had in beating an opponent through a cheap shot or a trick. The only greatness one could achieve through combat was through honour and besting opponents in a fair fight. That's all well and good, and for the most part I agree with it.

On the other hand, desperate times often call for desperate measures.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 06:13:14 pm by Deus Asmoth »

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 07, 2015, 06:58:29 pm »

Pulling arrows out of himself? What was that all about?

And I sure hope for a time when the armies on -the march- will actually be on the march. In stead of infinitely sleeping in their tents. Looking forward to more!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 08, 2015, 03:17:52 am »

Strangely, I found a human bookkeeper in one of the tents. I guess one of the fortress dwellers joined the bad guys. I'm not sure what was going on with the arrow. I just got an announcement about Thomod dropping one soon after I started, so I assumed he just had one lodged in him.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 08, 2015, 08:55:53 am »

I suppose that would be possible, the fact that he was so manly that he hadn't even realized until then that one was lodged inside him.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 08, 2015, 12:42:35 pm »

The Adventures of Urdim Ottanzasit, Still Day 1.
Morale in the attacking army was clearly low. Half the soldiers I found were asleep in their tents, in spite of it being well past midday. This eventually caused me to become incautious and enter a tent without checking if its occupants were asleep. I prevailed with only minor stab wounds, and from then my day consisted of little more than slashed throats and broken bones. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find anyone that seemed to be leading the army, so it seemed best to seek aid from our neighbours before the main force arrived.

Unfortunately, the closest human settlement was all but abandoned. I found a pair of injured warriors in the local castle and although I was concerned about their old injuries, any help I could find would be better than none. I did find another occupant, but she didn't seem interested in aiding our cause.

Day 2.
I continued my journey southbound, hoping to find more people who could come to our aid. Instead, I came across many more lone warriors travelling north. I can only assume that the incoming army got separated on the way to the Museum and was planning to recover its strength during a siege. Thankfully, my companions and I were able to take care of the would-be invaders one or two at a time. The only time we were seriously outnumbered, I was able to infiltrate the enemy's ranks and slay their bowmen before they could fire on my companions. Enemy morale broke after they saw that their suppressing fire had gone down.

We eventually came across a small camp of outlaws. I thought that I could convince them to join us in exchange for a pardon or perhaps just a job guarding the wagon, but after the first one that I came across tried to shoot me, I went for a more aggressive mode of negotiation with their leader.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 08:20:52 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39