Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 109192 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #360 on: May 14, 2015, 03:46:17 am »

Should be up tonight or tomorrow. My computer is acting up for some reason.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 15, 2015, 11:53:37 pm »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 17, 2015, 01:23:55 pm »

Nice. I have updated the list of museum items.

Was Evenedanvils the fortress that crashed for you? If so I should probably add a warning to its description.
Rendell is up next..

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 17, 2015, 04:01:09 pm »

Yeah. I only tried to approach it from the south while there were armies hanging around though, so it could have been one of the units or something south of the fortress that crashed it.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 17, 2015, 05:48:29 pm »

It is said that the disfigured minotaur is still alive, and has been the target of taunting and further torture by other adventurers since.

Man, that is not what Thomod would have wanted. :/
I've lost control of my life.

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 18, 2015, 02:24:36 am »

Ral Tulonaroth, or in the human tongue known as "Ral Roadmagic" was as ordinary as Dwarves go. Born in the Dwarven fortress of Footink, he grew up as a low-born Dwarf peasant in the city slums, was a casual worshipper of the Noth the god of jealousy, and in time eventually became one of the fortress guard's that protected the underground city.

This is his story.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Day the First, 6th of Limestone 1070: A Story of a Jealous Dwarf

As things go today, the day of my new adventuring life, wasn't so bad. After hearing about the newly opened Musem in the human kingdom of Gil Ettad which was accepting treasures new and old alike, and realizing this was the adventure I had been waiting for my entire life. I sensed the hand of fate was at work, and I decided to answer its call.

However I was unprepared for such a task, and I knew it, so I hurriedly headed off too the nearest storeroom. After finding and collecting a full dwarven copper armour set and matching troll leather cape, I began to remove my fine leopard leather shoes and Cave spider silk cap, and safely store them in my backpack before donning the newly acquired armour. Once equipped with the stolen gear and our most prized dwarven relic, a statue of a Koala, I ventured off to find the much fabled exit to this labyrinth known as a dwarven city.

As you can imagine, wearing a full set of armour and carrying a Koala statue on your back is kinda heavy, so after a quick pray to Noth, I got down on my hands and knees and began a slow paced crawl through the grand-hall, which as it happens was adjacent to the exit of Footink.  I can only assume this exit is only known to the most influential and powerful dwarves, for as I found out it was guarded, terribly so. Thousands of cats attacked me as I crawled my way through too the the entrance of the city, the cats viscously began to start ramming into me over and over again with their furry heads, while making horribly and menacing noises. After what felt like eons I managed to climb the many stone stairs away from the dreaded beasts, quickly stumble out of the trade depot, and find myself outside the settlement that I had called home.

My knees collapsed onto the fresh grass ....freedom... freedom at last.

"ALL HAIL NOTH"

The End of Part I

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 18, 2015, 11:00:53 am »

It is said that the disfigured minotaur is still alive, and has been the target of taunting and further torture by other adventurers since.

Man, that is not what Thomod would have wanted. :/
If she didn't want me to take her arm, she shouldn't have tried to take my foot.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 18, 2015, 11:49:18 am »

"ALL HAIL NOTH"

You're not allowed, Noth is MY god!

If she didn't want me to take her arm, she shouldn't have tried to take my foot.

Well, it seems the poor minotaur has not listened to the strongman's warnings, pity.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 03:50:18 pm by Unraveller »

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 20, 2015, 02:38:06 pm »

Part the Second

Day 6th to Day 8th: Bandits and Necromancers.. oh my..

After a suitable amount of time praising Noth, I found the dwarf Tekkud rithilir the hammer-dwarf nearby. I convinced Tekkud to join me in my new found adventure, and preceded to trade my spare leopard shoes and  a cloak for his fine steel shield and superior bronze chain-mail. I dropped the Koala statue and told Tekkud to guard it, while I started to venture into the nearby Lost Forest for two reasons, first to hunt and stock up on extra rations for the journey, and secondary dwarfly wrestle any animal I came across along the way. After showing off my martial prowess to a coyote and owl, I came across a small group of goats. While beating on these goats, I was joined by a mad dwarven ranger, who proceeded to engage the goats in conversation while helping me on my current task.

Soon while later after the goat gave me a good couple of kicks to the lungs, the ranger and goat ran off into the forest never to be seen again. I returned to Tekkud and the statue only to find a small patrol of dwarves consisting of a crossbow-dwarf Zon Kerliggoden and 3 recruits. He told me of the nearby dwarven town of Gladjungles, and I decided that would be our next destination. The next morning, after collecting the statue, me and Tekkud headed Northeast through the lost forest towards the local hillock settlement of Wheelsrained.

After crossing the bridge to Wheelsrained we were attacked by a small group of bandits. A fight ensured, Tekkud and I managed to rout them by killing three of them, however Tekkud died of his wounds shortly afterwards.

After looting a two-handed copper sword from one the bandits I left the now dead Tekkud behind, my Noth save his soul. Seeking new companions I headed to the nearby drinking mound, only to find it deserted, except in one of the corners where a small female bow-goblin of the name Batow Leopardwet was standing. After she agreed to take the place of poor Tekkud, we headed out to the central civic mound in order to gather more information of the local area. No one was there or in any of the houses we past along the way, seems like this village was abandoned sometime in the near past.

I continued north-east towards Gladjungles, stopping in the elven forest retreat of Scrapesongs along the way. A short while after leaving Scrapesongs, we came across a curious sight. A dwarven Necromancer up a tree, who began hailing insults down at us. Batow began firing silver arrows up at him in return, until she ran out and proceeded to climb the tree and bash his brains out. During the brief encounter I noticed the necromancer drop something, I slab titled "Iturnokor" surely full of dark forbidden knowledge. I know wish I had learned how to read more then just a few words.. argh well at least I have something for the museum.   

After collecting the slab and climbing down from the tree, I gave Batow an iron axe since she  now she had ran out of arrows as well as the Koala statue to carry as we resumed our trek onwards... to Gladjungles.

End of Part two

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 20, 2015, 03:20:32 pm »

Cue every adventurer from now on being a necromancer.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 20, 2015, 03:43:10 pm »

Surely the only reasonable thing to do is use the slab as a weapon and become a legendary misc. object user.

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 21, 2015, 04:07:59 pm »

Part the Third

Day 8th to 13th: In a haunted land

Two days later Batow and I arrived in the outskirts of Gladjungles, we came across Bembul Windhammers the crafts-dwarf and Erith Solontobul the fish-cleaner who guided us to the settlement.
Gladjungles seems to consist of only a trade-depot surrounded by small wooden houses, not much in the way of a true dwarven city.

Erith told us that the army of Buqui Nightmoist the waters of sin was marching to Gladjungles, not wanting to get involved we left Gladjungles, west-ward towards the museum.

We travelled through the Hills of Spurting towards the mountain range known as the single teeth that blocked us from the museum, only stopping to slaughter 3 talkative harpies for their meat. After crossing the single teeth uneventfully we entered the haunted lands known as waste of dredging, a terrible land indeed.

We made a camp-fire and prepared to rest for a night, only to wake in the dawn to the sight of a undead jaguar jumping over the camp-fire causing smoke to bellow in all directions. Batow and I immediately lunged at the creature, me with my large copper two-hander and the she-goblin with an iron-axe. The beast attacked Batow, mauling her considerably, while I managed to stab the jaguar a couple times to little or no effort. The jaguar alternated strikes between us both, however my shield and armour was able to keep me save.. Batow was not so lucky. After a vicious bite to Batow face, the she-goblin soon went unconscious, leaving me to fight alone. Giving up with the useless copper-sword, I threw it at the beast.. missing terribly, I ran to collect Batow's dropped iron-axe hoping it would cut deeper. After a lighting-fast strike, the jaguar managed to claw the side of my face causing me to lose an ear. The Jaguar corpse evaded my strikes, until I hit it in the leg severing it, and thus causing him to collapse to the ground. One solid strike to the neck later the menace lay dead at my feet.

I went to check on my fallen companion.. but too late, Batow was already dead. I was left alone in this hostile land.

End of Part 3

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 21, 2015, 04:27:34 pm »

That is terrifying.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 21, 2015, 05:54:23 pm »

You killed a zombie!? Did they get updated to not be ridiculous?

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 21, 2015, 07:05:45 pm »

I don't think the zombies have really been that bad lately. Sure with one chance hit they'll cave your skull in, but what won't do that really?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39