Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 109194 times)

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #375 on: May 21, 2015, 07:22:59 pm »

It's that zombies will run you down and will usually only die from "pulping" and "decapitation".
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 21, 2015, 07:30:29 pm »

And it looks like we are going to be seeing a ton of zombies, if, mister Roadmagic can make it to the museum safely.
I've lost control of my life.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 21, 2015, 07:36:25 pm »

ZOMBIE CHANGES SINCE DF2014

Buffs:
Can only die to pulping
Technically slow, but have [NO_EXERT] so they sprint everywhere
No longer die to decapitation/bisection

Nerfs:
No longer fireproof, fire/magma now pulp body parts

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 21, 2015, 08:04:06 pm »

Well I wouldn't say they don't die to decapitation, as Roadmagic proved that one.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 21, 2015, 10:11:21 pm »

You gotta remove everything with a [GRASP] tag, head and hands.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 22, 2015, 03:43:54 am »

There used to be a bug where if you decapitated them at the neck, it wouldn't register the head being severed as well though, so it wouldn't die. I guess that's been fixed.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 23, 2015, 03:12:41 pm »

Oh, that's good.  Don't remember how many times a quick as lightning zombie head was able to chew through all my companions and I without us being able to land a decent hit.  It was like one of the Evil Dead movies
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 24, 2015, 07:05:56 am »

Part the Forth

Day 13th to day 15th: The River Styx

After Leaving behind the long held Koala statue as a makeshift gravestone for my lost friend, I left the battle-scene and went westward. Not long after, just after I crossed a small river, I bumped into more undead fiends, this time a small group of 5 zombie buzzards. I killed one dead-brained bird, then another, the battle went for what lasted like ages. When I killed my third enemy, I realized I had made a terribly mistake. The undead don't tire, however the living do, as I then did. I collapsed to the ground exhausted, and was beset upon by my last two remaining foes. I lapsed into and out of conscious, after an indeterminable amount of time I awoke. I was still under attack, my armour managing to save my life once again, my enemies only managed to damage my left-eye rendering it blind and one of my legs useless. From the ground I fell one, then the other, cutting off their heads. I patched my leg up best as I could, and hoped no bogeymen would attack me in my sleep as I made camp by the river.

In the morning I continued travelling west. One day later, I came across another group of bandits, I easily killed two of them before the rest decided it was wiser to flee, once done I picked up a copper-bow along with some silver arrows from one of the dead goblins. I tested by new-found bow on a horn-bill the next river I came to, after five shot I managed to bring it down, not my best work and decided it was better to just use the axe. I made another camp next to the river, hoping like the previous nights that bogeymen didn't like the water and keep away.

The dwarf Ral Roadmagic was not in luck, as bogeymen did come to the river that fated night, and killed him in his sleep. Ral Roadmagic as well as the necromantic tomb he carried lay lost, somewhere located in the Fleshy Jungles. Although Roadmagic failed in his quest to deliver his treasure to the museum, others in time would rise to take his place.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The End

OOC: Here is the save for the next person, as well as the route I took for any interested.  http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10882

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 24, 2015, 08:58:31 am »

Cue every adventurer looking for the damned slab. He may not have a physical submission, but Ral Roadmagic may shape the future of the Museum for some time to come.

In other news, I was perusing the legends and found out the tragic fate of Oma. Poor Thomod thought she had vamoosed.

Spoiler: Oma's Fate (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2015, 09:05:25 am by Unraveller »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 26, 2015, 07:22:14 pm »

MY TIME HAS COME!

I shall start either later today or tomorrow. I hope I don't die immediately.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 26, 2015, 08:42:10 pm »

As long as you wield the ultimate power of manliness, nothing can harm you!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 26, 2015, 09:11:06 pm »

You can also wield the power of caution, but that isnt nearly as interesting to hear about.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 27, 2015, 04:29:30 am »

Or you could kill a bunch of vampires and eat their hearts. It does wonders for your fitness levels.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 27, 2015, 08:45:06 pm »

There is but one creature that is known to have more notable kills than our dwarf vampire Urdim. Laborbalance the Hide of Leopards, the Elephant. As seen in legends viewer, the creature has taken part in an ungodly amount of wars and has slain a combined total of 124 goblins and elves in a notable fashion. This is a legendary beast, I hope he can get away from all the violence and fulfill his dream someday.

Spoiler: Wars (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kills (click to show/hide)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 27, 2015, 09:57:08 pm »

Life and D&D happened, I forgot about this until I finally got to my computer.

The mad scramble for history starts TOMORROW!
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 39