Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 110455 times)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #390 on: May 28, 2015, 12:50:50 pm »

Luto Ariltista, "Luto Shipwines"

A monk of The Future of Wisps, the god of fate, hails from the human hamlet of Braidbrim. He has heard his fate, a gruesome one indeed, but there can be a way to change it. And to do so, he must find the secrets of life and death, and bring it to the safest area on the continent, The Museum.

Ah, today I must set out for glory! I just hope to stray away from creatures of the night. I've already got enough of that to deal with in the road ahead.

(The humans all seem to be U's, and I dun like it.)

VV UNIMPORTANT STUFF VV
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

VV MORE IMPORTANT STUFF VV

And that concludes chapter one of this hero, who set out to carry out his god's will, only to be shanked repeatedly by a group of angry vampires.

Will he escape the city into the wild? Will he survive the onslaught of vampires on a broken leg? Will the secrets of life and death finally be discovered? Find out in the next installment of the adventures of Luto Shipwines the monk!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 12:56:30 pm by tonnot98 »
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 28, 2015, 02:40:09 pm »

vamps out the wazoo

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 28, 2015, 02:52:01 pm »

They're breeding. Like animal men.

Did you save any blood?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 28, 2015, 03:08:37 pm »

They're breeding. Like animal men.

Did you save any blood?
I've been dripping in it for hours, it's seeped into my wounds, and I've bit the throats of about 4 different vamps. I'm choc full of it at this point, if the curse hasn't transferred over, I'd be pleasantly surprised.

But then again, just take a quick look at the last image. That damned exalted sack screwed up my face. I don't think I'd just allow others to become vamps on a whim.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

MrLupenTails

• Bay Watcher
  • MrLupenTails admires Gnolls for their bloodlust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 28, 2015, 04:00:49 pm »

That damned exalted sack screwed up my face.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I am enjoying your story so far though, very interesting.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 28, 2015, 04:28:23 pm »

I have started far in the north, the hamlet is a day or two above Dragonhearth, and that is about 2 week's travel away from the museum.

This'll be a LOT of writing. And death, a lot of death.
Meow.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 28, 2015, 05:20:17 pm »

Excellent journey thus far, maybe your wrestling skills will eventually impress Thomod! On a side note, the state of the world seems really grim. Undead roaming everywhere, crazed animal men. A legendary Elephant that has destroyed hoards of goblins and elves.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:27:41 pm by Unraveller »
I've lost control of my life.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 28, 2015, 06:18:06 pm »

Excellent journey thus far, maybe your wrestling skills will eventually impress Thomod! On a side note, the state of the world seems really grim. Undead roaming everywhere, crazed animal men. A legendary Elephant that has destroyed hoards of goblins and elves.

That Elephant may become the Savior of the Living - a symbol of the triumph of Life over Death.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 28, 2015, 08:14:52 pm »

My game has crashed as soon as I have entered Dragonhearth, without an error message. It simply stopped responding. The only odd thing I noticed is a large amount of traveling entities on the fast-travel map around it. I will get to it and save before entering the site area, to see if the problem persists, but I'll do that tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 08:17:44 pm by tonnot98 »
Meow.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 29, 2015, 05:49:49 pm »

As I lay here, broken, hunted down by vile beasts, I think to myself.

"Why?"

I already know the answer. Unnatural beings stalk and curse the world, and must be exterminated. I have killed a large number of vampires only today, because I chose to fight. About 50 or so peasants died to a group of ten beastman vampires. If I make it out of here alive, I will fulfill my destiny, and then return to save the peasants from their doom.

But first, I must escape.
This concludes the second, and sadly, final chapter of The Adventures of Luto Shipwines. Hopefully the next adventurer won't be so unlucky.

(As I finish writing this, "Through The Fire and Flames" starts playing. The irony is real.)
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10895
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 06:05:34 pm by tonnot98 »
Meow.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 29, 2015, 06:22:28 pm »

It was inevitable.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 29, 2015, 06:48:00 pm »

So a fortress named "Dragonhearth" actually is the lair of a dragon, and doesn't allude to some magmatic megaproject... Amazing!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 29, 2015, 07:01:13 pm »

So a fortress named "Dragonhearth" actually is the lair of a dragon, and doesn't allude to some magmatic megaproject... Amazing!
It had a pretty large chamber dedicated to it, too. A large square was a few floors below the surface, and was surrounded by other branching hallways and rooms that likely served other purposes.

The damn fortress was DESIGNED TO HOUSE A HOSTILE DRAGON.

Also, sign me up for another turn. I'm going to wait through those 30 people and redeem myself, dammit.
Meow.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 29, 2015, 07:43:01 pm »

If only you had strangled it to death, deja vu.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 29, 2015, 11:36:54 pm »

If only you had strangled it to death, deja vu.
It spat fire hotter than my mixtape as soon as I took a step away from it.
Meow.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39