Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 110314 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2014, 08:11:07 pm »

Just going to issue a quick challenge here: Gather one of every part of every plant and bring them all to the Museum. This mayrequire a new wing.

Precisely, what do you mean? 
Does "One part of every plant" = 1 leaf, 1 log, 1 root, 1 item of raw food, 1 seed, ect... for every plant in the world?

If so, I'll extend the challenge:

Living caged creatures (or complete skeletons if that's not possible) of each type and gender of mobile being in the world, including forgotten beasts and sentient races.

One sample of every type of mineral in the world, plus one bar of every alloy.

We may need to set up an entirely separate "Natural History" museum for such an endeavor.  If so, we should have wings for "flora", "fauna", "minerals", and "foreign cultures" (living or extinct) as well.
Are we trying to survive the eventual re-forging of the world?  Armok's Ark?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sheo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2014, 08:17:20 pm »

Just going to issue a quick challenge here: Gather one of every part of every plant and bring them all to the Museum. This mayrequire a new wing.

Does "One part of every plant" = 1 leaf, 1 log, 1 root, 1 item of raw food, 1 seed, ect... for every plant in the world?

Living caged creatures (or complete skeletons if that's not possible) of each type and gender of mobile being in the world, including forgotten beasts and sentient races.

We may need to set up an entirely separate "Natural History" museum for such an endeavor.  If so, we should have wings for "flora", "fauna", "minerals", and "foreign cultures" (living or extinct) as well.

I like the idea, but it'd have to be a completely different thread.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you need to start a fortress with some cages and traps, trap a creature, then retire, take the adventurer and bring the cage to the museum?

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2014, 08:34:47 pm »

Are we trying to survive the eventual re-forging of the world?  Armok's Ark?

A gene bank might be interesting.  Set it up in a vault somewhere deep below the ground and have a seed and a bit of tissue from every creature in the world...
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2014, 09:10:59 pm »

I like the idea, but it'd have to be a completely different thread.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you need to start a fortress with some cages and traps, trap a creature, then retire, take the adventurer and bring the cage to the museum?

OK, I'm taking your idea and running with it.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Paaaad

• Bay Watcher
  • Mainly a lurker unfortunetley.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2014, 09:14:25 pm »

(Snip)

Exactly.
Unity! Duty! Destiny!

Does the walker chose the path, or the path the walker?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2014, 11:58:19 pm »

The Master's next, but you can finish your week building a fortress or something if I understand the rules correctly.
Yup. Build something tricky and trappy.  Dont include any instructions or clues and make instadeath a constant danger :P  also keep several wild animals and prisoners around in pits so that when you die they can escape to ambush adventures.
There is no "rest of my turn". My week's up and I already submitted the save. I just didn't accomplish much.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2014, 12:17:32 am »

Ptw!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2014, 02:58:03 am »

The turn list has been updated, the master should have a PM

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2014, 03:37:27 am »

No response from The Master, It's Theflame52's turn.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2014, 02:07:49 pm »

I'll start tomorrow.

EDIT: What civilization does the museum belong to?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 03:09:36 pm by TheFlame52 »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2014, 01:14:25 am »

I'll start tomorrow.

Good question.

I've got a note here saying it was founded by the Entangled Ropes (nice random name) of the Roughness of Directions. I haven't got a clue what that would be in dwarven.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2014, 07:00:18 am »

I'll start tomorrow.

Good question.

I've got a note here saying it was founded by the Entangled Ropes (nice random name) of the Roughness of Directions. I haven't got a clue what that would be in dwarven.

In Dwarvish, The Entangled Ropes are "Stistmiggoden"

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2014, 04:33:16 pm »

I am Molcet Wrathflames, son of Flame Candleroared, and I will become the greatest adventurer the world has ever known.

I asked the lord whether I could become his hearthperson. He said yes, on one condition: I would bring an item to the Museum in Throneshields, telling people I was from Colorquested. I gathered my gear; some well-made iron and bronze armor, a finely crafted iron long sword, and the greatest boon: a masterfully crafted bronze shield. I set out for the nearby town of Cutsprinkled, but I stopped in Dawnedcalms on the way there where I picked up a few pieces of better armor and an electrum ring. Upon reaching the town, I asked for direction to one of the great beasts people had been talking about. They told me to seek out a guide, but he was nowhere to be found. I rested in the town overnight.

((OOC: Someone screwed up the save with a tileset and I don't know how to fix it. All the goblins look like buckets and the humans look like me. I can play it but it's annoying.))

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2014, 01:30:31 am »

You should be able to fix that by going into the folder of the save game, and deleting the raw folder. Replace it with the raw folder of the original save game, which can be found in the fourth post of this topic.

Also, please backup your save game first, just in case.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2014, 03:21:52 pm »

In the morning, I set out for the nearby dwarven fort of Murderedflags. Perhaps there would be something worthy of the Museum there. But on the way there I was ambushed by a single lasher and slain easily.

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9778
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39