Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 110497 times)

Deidei

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2014, 09:36:20 am »

Please add me to the que, this game is very interesting..

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2014, 10:23:32 am »

Just finished the 3d model of Throneshields in Google Sketchup (Freeware).  Here ya go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pm8rcxqe2t9ldn4/Throneshields%20Museum%20II.skp?dl=0

Now you can wander around the empty building.  I built everything using 1mx1mx1.3m measurements, (assuming that dwarves would be @1m tall and need clearance for pickaxes and the like.)  All assets are home-made:  I made all the doors, latches, stairs, walls, tables, grates. ect... from scratch.  This build took @ 30 hours to complete. 

Here's some screen-shots, I have 13 total in the series: http://imgur.com/a/mIm55
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

However, since I've made all these assets, I can use them to FINALLY build Dinnerwandered, the original Museum and the sewers/catacombs underneath.  That's the next big project.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:14:46 am by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2014, 11:46:20 am »

Nice!

I added a link to this in the first post, if you don't mind.

Also, impressive work, I've been trying a bit of modeling in the past, put in the end, trying to get even basic textures on things was extremely painful, and I quit. I used blender though, not sketchup.

I've added Deidei to the list.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2014, 05:38:42 pm »

Nice!

I added a link to this in the first post, if you don't mind.

Also, impressive work, I've been trying a bit of modeling in the past, put in the end, trying to get even basic textures on things was extremely painful, and I quit. I used blender though, not sketchup.

I've added Deidei to the list.

While it can be a powerful tool, Blender has almost as steep a learning slope as Dwarf Fortress.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 28, 2014, 02:33:25 am »

Here's the save file - I think whoever visits my Inn at Evenedanvils will find a few picturesque sights as well as a few hidden treasures.  We didn't get a clear glass statue of Dishmab made, but Doc Timeless, Gentledwarf Adventurer! still has hopes of seeing such a thing encrusted with jewels grace the entrance-hall of the Museum some day.

Save is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/egxp03zc84dm8sj/museum%20II%20-%20Timeless%20Bob.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 02:44:02 am by Timeless Bob »

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2014, 03:00:41 pm »

That makes it Atomic Chickens turn. I'm traveling for work this week (to Italy, so it's not a bad thing) but this means you're unlikely to hear from me until friday. If my turn happens to come around a lot sooner than that, then the Lupanian can go first.

Edit: I have updated the map on the first page.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 03:17:58 pm by Bralbaard »

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2014, 07:37:40 pm »

This seems to be going remarkably slowly for some reason. Everyone was so hyped about it restarting and now no one bats an eye.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2014, 12:03:20 am »

This seems to be going remarkably slowly for some reason. Everyone was so hyped about it restarting and now no one bats an eye.

If you look at the posting dates in the original game, it also had a few becalmed spots.  The narrative doesn't show it, but often RL would get in the way after waiting for four months to get a turn.  No worries, the game concept is proven sound and things will pick back up again.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 03, 2014, 01:39:28 am »

No response from Atomic Chicken, I'm going to start my turn.

Edit: I had wanted to use Isoworld pictures, but sadly the game crashes while trying to export detailed maps.  A known bug apparently, but I'll post an extra note: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7556
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:31:25 am by Bralbaard »

Azhf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2014, 03:20:56 am »

How was Italy?

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2014, 09:08:08 am »

How was Italy?
I don't get it.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2014, 09:10:48 am »

On the export bug.  Its only when exporting structures or sites.  Go figure.  Diplomacy map worked okay.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2014, 11:22:09 am »

How was Italy?
I don't get it.

I was in Italy this week, food and weather were great, as expected. I was there for work, so didn't see that much.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2014, 11:25:28 am »

Lomam Puzzledrinks was a mysterious character, historians agree that he lived around the time the museum of throneshields was founded. While little is known about his family, it is agreed that he likely started his life in Ageford.
He was a remarkable tall man, able to wield a two-handed sword in a single hand. He did however not have the ambition to be an adventurer or soldier. As we can learn from the journals he kept, he was just looking for a good party, and booze. 

----------------
The journal of Lomam Puzzledrinks

Life in Ageford has been a bit of a bore lately, all the good beer from the dwarves in Throneshields has been finished, and it's been a while since the last good party. Rumour has it that Creviceglad, the town along the western road has come under new leadership, and that this is being celebrated with a three week festival.  In other words, it was not a difficult choice to leave.

Getting there has proven to be more of a problem though.
The road to Creviceglad is a very dangerous one, certainly since the civil wars that have marked the last few years. I have taken some good quality leather armor and an iron twohander from the town stockpile. Nobody ever checks the stockpiles, and well, I'll promise to prevent the sword from getting rusty.

Around lunchtime I passed by a small encampment, where there was a small campfire burning, A small number of dwarves and humans were patrolling around the camp. The smell of good food, and fresh ale convinced me to ask if I could join for lunch. To my surprise the men jumped at me as if I was lunch. They were poorly armed, but apparently thought I was easy prey because I was outnumbered. They were probably right.
I drew my two-hander,  made a show of wielding it in one hand while grabbing my shield in the other, and carefully backed away, avoiding to get surrounded. It did not make much of an impression, but one of the dwarves misjudged the reach of my arm and sword, and I lashed out at him, causing a grievous wound to the chest. While he collapsed I took advantage of the surprise, and  confronted the weakest of the humans before they could reorganize themselves, the elderly man was unarmed and unable to block my strike. Despite my own lack of skill I ran my sword through him, drew it back out, then I quickly backed away, and after a few urists, started to run...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:50:09 pm by Bralbaard »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2014, 03:36:50 pm »

I managed to escape... Not one of the thugs has tried to chase me.
While traveling the rest of the road I spotted several other groups of possible bandits and a vampire , but being more careful, I managed to avoid detection.
I finally made it to the city.

Creviceglad was in ruins. Barely a house was occupied. The rumors about the festival were true though. It seemed that every building that had occupants left, had been turned into a tavern or bar. It was amazing. I wasted no time and headed for one of the taverns. It did not have a proper sign outside, but from the raised voices and the music anyone could tell that this was the real thing. I heard a few slightly more worrying noises, but thought nothing of it until I opened the door.

The sight was alarming.
Half the bars occupants were on the floor, unconscious. This in itself is no uncommon sight in a tavern, but in this case not all were the victim of intoxication. There was a fight going on. An olm man was stabbing a drunk person in the head with a wooden spear, while a couple of peasants were in a fight with a amphibian man. The music had stopped by now, and the fight had definitely passed the stage were everybody suffers a few bruises and laughs about it the next morning after waking up. People were fighting for the kill here, with weapons drawn. I drew my sword and beheaded the olm man, then turned towards the amphibian man, just in time to see a priest stab it in the heart, after which it collapsed. It was not over yet. A few drunk people kept waving their swords and daggers in dangerous fashion, threatening to stab people, but in the end everyone calmed down. The drunk woman that had been stabbed in the face was actually still alive. Apparently the spear had been made of feather wood or something. It did not improve her looks though.

I do not remember much from the rest of the night. There was a lot of booze and it is all mixed up. There are pieces missing... incomplete..
Things I seem to remember that are not right..   
(ooc: I had serious problems with the game crashing a lot in Creviceglad, so a few alternate histories of me exploring the taverns have been lost)
What I do know, despite the headache, is that the town is in complete anarchy, fights like the one I witnessed are happening everywhere, and everybody is partying like its the last day on earth. Drunk people everywhere.
The drunk woman that had been stabbed in the face, Eman Judgedmopped, is with me too. Not sure how that happened, but apparently I have been  bragging about the dwarven beer from Throneshields, and I have apparently promised to go fetch her some. It's probably a better idea than staying at the festival in Creviceglad, that would certainly get me killed.

I decide to not waste too much time, and Eman and me leave after sobering up somewhat.
I brag about how I avoided all the bandits the other day, but then I fail to pay attention and somehow we end up ambushed by an extremely unlikely amount of bandits and other low life:

We hardly have time to figure out what is going on, we somehow end up in a battle between vampires, goblins, beastmen, bandits and other criminals. There is hardly a way to tell who is attacking whom. In the confusion we try to fight our way out, I kill an olm man vampire after which we make a run for it. A naked feral looking man blocks our path, and I cut him open with my sword, we run, and run, until the sound of battle behind us fades. Gasping for breath I collapse to the ground. Eman, apparently still drunk, says I deserve a heroic title for this; Lomam Puzzledrinks the Sandaled Handle of Letters she calls me. I have a nasty feeling that the name will stick.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 03:38:45 pm by Bralbaard »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 39