Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 110587 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2014, 02:40:40 pm »

An adventure? Sign me up!

If it's not to late, I'd like to partake in some of this madness, being an extremely d-rated comedian talented cheesemaker barbaric masochist myself.

EDIT: Oh, I wasn't aware the save was still in 40.13. Is it okay to play with .14?

I'll update the turn list.

Based on previous experience, I'd expect our game to be foreward compatible with any upcoming 40.xx versions. Future versions will likely have less bugs, so we'll likely play whatever is the last version.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2014, 05:09:08 am »

Escondida just send me the save game, and I have just added his new fortress to the map.
It is obvious that the dwarves have taken inspiration from the naming scheme used for the real world location of "greenland". They may have taken it a bit to far though :D .

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's Kalsb's turn.

Kalsb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2014, 11:10:54 pm »

Alright, this time I'm prepared! I'll get started on this tomorrow.

Kalsb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2014, 01:47:03 pm »

I've... made a grave mistake. Here I am, desperately crawling away from a horde of zombies in the middle of the night. Maybe I can make it into that lake. Zombies can't swim, right? Oh, where did I go wrong?

My name is Mosus. For as long as I can remember, my childhood friend, Logem, and I have always wanted to go on adventures. We've heard countless stories of fantastic people doing amazing deeds, overcoming all odds. We had hoped to be among them. So we trained. Him with the mace, and I with the sword. We got pretty good, at least that's what we thought, and we decided it was time to follow our dream. We heard of a tower filled with untold horror and decided that conquering it would make us heroes. In the midsummer of 1063, we began wandering the wilds. I didn't exactly know where we were going, I just knew it was north somewhere. Along the way we encountered a large reptile that Logem thought might have been one of the many dragons we heard about. We attacked the beast, but it wanted nothing to do with us and ran. Didn't even breathe fire, what a disappointment. Eventually, the stench of death overcame us as we approached the blood soaked wall of the tower. There were some elves hanging around it. Curious, I approached them to ask about this place when I realized they were dead. This must be the place then... Logem was immediately overcome with fear and ran off. Probably the wisest solution, if I had ran with him, maybe he'd still be alive... Of course, I didn't want to give up so easily. I backed away slashing wildly at the increasing group of zombies. It became apparent that they were too fast. I too began to run. I ran past Logem who, only now, had acquired the bravery required to tackle such a horde. I realized I couldn't just leave my friend behind and turned around to help him. But it was too late, they had swarmed him. I couldn't get to him. I had to watch as they knocked him out and proceeded to bash his head in. I wasn't about to let that happen to me. I broke into a full on sprint, and so did the horde. There was no way I could outrun them, I was already feeling tired. My legs can't take it. I'm on the ground, and they're already upon me. Maybe I can just reach the water...

Unfortunately, Mosus suffered the same fate as his dear friend. One kick and he was out like a light. The other zombies decided took turns punching his head until it was an unrecognizable lump. And that children, is why you should always stay inside the fortress walls. The world is a dangerous place, now get back to the farms.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 02, 2014, 03:09:40 pm »

I think the new version is going to make a great deal of short stories.

Kalsb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 02, 2014, 06:38:07 pm »

Yeah, that over exertion really screwed me over. I should have put more points in endurance.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2014, 01:50:16 pm »

Don't mess with the undead in this version.. It never ends well.

Are you building a fortress now?

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 04, 2014, 01:20:28 pm »

I'll train endurance into my character. Because your enemy can't do much if you broke all their limbs and YOU pass out from exhaustion.

I havn't played adventure since the release of this patch so I may get proven wrong.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 01:25:58 pm by Kromgar »

Kalsb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 04, 2014, 03:59:46 pm »

I was contemplating making a fortress but  I couldn't really come up with any ideas.

Here's the save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=10024

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 04, 2014, 04:42:55 pm »

I was contemplating making a fortress but  I couldn't really come up with any ideas.

I'll start my turn tomorrow

Edit: Curse you Plancky I wish you weren't ahead in line

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2014, 07:49:57 pm »

I'll start my turn tomorrow

Edit: Curse you Plancky I wish you weren't ahead in line

Lol! Well I am downloading now.

Plancky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 05, 2014, 01:14:23 am »

The Writings of Thestar Notlithmörul (Thestar Ruinedpages)

25th of Malachite, 1063
   I Thestar am a member of The Purple Letter a dieing stump of dwarven civilization. The Crazy Conflict has been going poorly for us. We are down to two outposts, Cloutedchambers and Wettrumpets. Wettrumpets being were I am embarking from.  I am setting out on a journey for fame and glory and hopefully, my name will burn brightly in time. Blessed be the Brain of Papers!
   There is those who want me to recover kidnapped children, but I am more interested in having my name recorded at Throneshields. I recuit a speardwarf, Zuglar Ducimsosh (luckly has no family in case of accidents) to assist me in my journey.
   I arrived at Tribemanors, Troglodytes are here at the underground entrance. My compainion gets spooked of by troglodytes, found nothing interesting here.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2014, 08:51:41 am »

Kromgar is good at cursing people, I guess.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 05, 2014, 09:37:36 am »

Welcome to the caverns

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 05, 2014, 11:18:40 am »

So i decided to load up the save before plancky's because I was bored...

My first kill. Still havn't figured out how to get to the surface yet. Also i'm following all the rules for the Museum during my playthrough
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 11:23:45 am by Kromgar »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 39