Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 110589 times)

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2014, 12:47:50 am »

Bandits are a pain. Some villages appear to be completely taken over by bandits in the new version. Never trust anyone, I guess.

You can leave the 'investigation' post up, It's good to know what happened. It seems it wasn't due to a bug.
Are you going to build a fortress?

Also I shouldn't have done this:

curse you Kromgar !! 

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2014, 12:29:52 pm »

I don't think the villages are fully taken over, but the roving bands of thugs tend to mug people on the street while they're in a village. Then again, they very well could be taking over the village.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2014, 01:01:23 pm »

bandits will send gangs to bully villages. They can take over villages if the were destroyed by a megabeast or something like that. They might be able to take them over by themselves but i don't know
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2014, 02:59:54 pm »

Bandits are a pain. Some villages appear to be completely taken over by bandits in the new version. Never trust anyone, I guess.

L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2014, 09:11:22 pm »

It was inevitable.
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2014, 10:00:38 pm »

It'd actually be sort of funny to find a human bandit gang hanging out in a forest somewhere and rename their leader "Robin Hood" before escaping.  Same civ's female noble would have to be renamed "Marion" (Profession: "Maid"), civ's king renamed "John" (Profession: Prince) and the local civ's champion profession changed to "Sherriff of Nottingham"
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #186 on: November 19, 2014, 04:04:55 pm »

So, who's turn is it?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 19, 2014, 05:31:24 pm »

Kromgar's. We seem to be missing him.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 19, 2014, 06:16:08 pm »

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 21, 2014, 02:53:00 am »

That makes it Tehsappers turn.

Tehsapper

• Bay Watcher
  • Why, MrMayor? Whatever do you mean by "slade bed"?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 21, 2014, 12:53:32 pm »

Haha, time for an yet another adventure!

Tehsapper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 28, 2014, 09:27:26 am »

I've finally finished my turn, sadly I didn't have the time for writing a story around it and for an exceptional fort, I'll try to keep up. I've built a fort named Gladjungles, I'll expand info on it and my submission later.
Here's the save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n035d9y8qebsv36/museum2.rar?dl=0
Yell at me if I got the wrong archive.

The story of Opra Cutspear the Hairy Tuft, as told by an elven sage.

Opra was a human, born in the city called Ageford. He was a commoner, son of farmers, a typical human youngling that loitered around in searches of any job or fun. One day he got so bored of his surroundings, so he gathered up his possessions and formed an adventuring group along with two similar-minded companions. Opra was trained in the art of combat by his father, so he didn't feel any fear of the wilderness.

First thing they did was to inquire about any troubles, but as all citizens told them to find some Itke in the north-west house (even if they asked that in the most north-western house) for the directions to the lairs of various beasts, they decided to visit the famous dungeon of Ageford instead. For almost thousand years it was visited by all sorts of adventuring types, who cleared it of loot and most criminal activity. So that's why Opra and his team found nothing of worth but a woolen sock while exploring the dark rooms of the dungeon. The maze of Ageford's dungeon was so overwhelming that Opra actually lost his spearman companion here. He even recalled that he actually had two images of the same spearman following him when he arrived there later.

But anyway, Opra found there a band of two goblins that looked menacing and experienced. Interestingly, they were mother and son. The chieftess (mother) attacked Opra and his bowman friend while her son watched indifferently as his mother was being slaughtered. Only after the title of the chief of the dungeon was conferred to the son as the former chief-mom was killed, he decided that he would no longer tolerate intruders in his realm. Was that a part of his master plan? Who knows. Anyway, he was killed as well and Opra Cutspear claimed the dungeon for himself.

Then, Opra travelled to a hamlet named Saintshort in searches of any experienced hunter that might direct him to beasts to vanquish. The hamlet appeared to be completely abandoned and destroyed. Two peaceful bandit-like people he found knew nothing about the history of this place, but insisted that they ruled it. Opra tried to intimidate them into submission and take the site over without bloodshed, but the boss didn't take the bait and calmly refused to pay tribute to him. So Opra left them alone.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 28, 2014, 02:17:20 pm »

That must have been the poor goblin family that only barely survived an attack by Argonnek's character:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143382.msg5739950#msg5739950

They should have moved out after that warning..
I'll update the turn list and relevant posts later.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:57:50 pm by Bralbaard »

Tehsapper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2014, 01:42:42 pm »

Oh well, at least I avenged Argonnek's death. And it seems it was a bad ending for that family after all.

And then Opra and his friend decided to march onto the west, into some town, in search of any actual troubles. On their way they were attacked by a group of bandits, who might have been or not sent after them by that boss. The bowman companion was promptly killed by a spearman before Opra could get to him, and then the spearman stabbed Opra right into his right hand, so he lost his sword in the fight. Seeing that he is going to be overwhelmed by bandits, Opra decided that running away is the wisest decision.

Alone and wounded, he marched west and west, and in the end arrived to some abandoned human village before the darkness of night could consume him. There he found two kobolds taking refuge in one of intact houses. One of them ran away in terror, and that Opra took as a sign of aggression, so he went and murdered it in a fit of rage over his lost weapon and companion. Oh well.

Then he went for the town of Creviceglad, which wasn't that far away. It was in abysmal condition as well, with animal men taking residence in various gloomy taverns, where drunkards had their fights over petty things. Opra saw how one cave fish woman was brutally murdered for an unknown reason. There he recruited two companions, a lasher named Ramstom and an axeman Muthe who over the time became his close friends. Opra and his gang tried to find some beasts to slay, but the thick layer of lairs around the city had nothing in them. Not a single werebeast. That's why they decided to carry on their adventure and went to the south through human settlements.

Finally having the chance, Opra visited the famous Museum, which proved to be disappointing yet. When Opra asked the old bookkeeper why there are only goblin heads and a flask present, he looked worryingly and said that he sent many great adventurers to fetch more items, but most of them haven't returned yet. Opra felt that their fates might not be that glad, but didn't say anything. Anyway, he decided that bringing a very rare artifact would bring him the glory and fame he wanted, so he asked out about various dwarven settlements, as they most certainly had great rewards deep inside. The bookkeeper told him about Murderedflags and Evenedanvils, but seeing that Evenedanvils were too close to the Museum and most likely looted already, Opra set his way onto the distant fort of Murderedflags.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2014, 03:23:20 pm »

Could you sign me up for a turn? :3
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39