Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 110553 times)

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #270 on: April 10, 2015, 06:25:43 pm »

Agreed, we require more momentum. Choo Choo! The Museum train can't stop like this!
I've lost control of my life.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 11, 2015, 03:29:28 pm »

I'm also still there.

And my turn is actually coming around soon this century!

Good news, your turn has arrived today, there should be plenty of century left when you are done.
I'll send a pm with the save file. (Pisskop could not take his turn)

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 11, 2015, 03:45:40 pm »

Okay, I may not be able to start tomorrow, but after that I have basically nothing going on in RL for the next few weeks, so short of a natural disaster *cough*crash*cough* you can expect some updates for once.
Hopefully I won't die too quickly :-[. I mean, what am I gonna do with the rest of my century otherwise?
left eye

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 11, 2015, 04:42:41 pm »

Make a fort that lasts a century, of course!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 13, 2015, 05:08:38 am »

Ok, let’s see what this new assignment is all about. Probably just another guy who couldn’t pay the interest. Yup there it is: payment overdue. Ah, he was probably paying for his son’s smithy apprenticeship. Well, if he was gonna scam somebody out of their money he should have picked a different syndicate. He should know that The Late Rock has a strict “all-loans-returned” policy. After all, we have a reputation to keep.

Some time later…

This may be more difficult than I initially thought. To start with I hit up my contact in the smiths guild for where I could find that expensive son.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Luckily he was actually right around the corner and I called on him to inquire about his father.
From what I got out of the boy the father isn’t as much of a fool as I thought and he has skipped town to the famed tourist resort  and tax evader’s paradise Warmbeaches the Lush Green Land-Fortress of Swimming. Oh, and did I mention IT’S AT THE OTHER FUCKING END OF THE WORLD?
Here, let me illustrate:

Oh well. There goes my reputation. May as well try going in that direction

oH GOD OH GOD OH GOD WHATISTHISBALLOFFIREINMYEYES!

Uhh just passing through…

I sure hope this blue stuff is just gross.

Ugh. I finally made it to a human hamlet. Maybe I can get myself get checked out by a doctor. I mean I’ve heard cave adaption can be hard on you, but though the vomiting has stopped, I’m still stuck in a permanent dizzy spell. I almost drowned on the way here since my swimming isn’t great at the best of times. Eyes are kinda fuzzy, too. Hm. These villagers don’t seem to be all too healthy either. All green and stuff.
Oh shit.
Ruuun!
I was sure I was going to end up a very dead loan shark, but as I was running and hoping the goon I had taken with me would distract the gobbos for a while, space around me seemed to warp and somehow I was out of sight of the horrible green menace. I don’t understand entirely what happened, but I’m not questioning it. Maybe the muck gave me superpowers. [ooc: I was somehow able to enter fast travel and get away]
Looking for a safer place to rest I went to the lord’s mansion, figuring if the gang was in the middle of town the place was either already looted or safe. Behind the doors I was greeted by yet another greenskin, this one in much fancier clothes than the others. Since she also seemed quite distraught, I figured it’d be better to not rely on my newly gained powers kicking in when bolting, and try to talk to her. She was indeed quite forthcoming, letting me look for some gear in their storage despite turning down her plea for help with the bandits. Didn’t have anything that fit me though.

The empty hamlet was actually right next to the regional capital which was immediately worrying to me: If the goblins were already this close…
And indeed, the city was practically abandoned. From what the lady told me the city of Seslebedo – “Elbowdistance” – was taken over just four years go as part of The Conflict of Wars. Even the humans hiding in the mansion did not seem be particularly sad about that; it seems the governors tried their very best to live up to the city’s name.

As I make my way through the empty city, I start to understand the contempt of the villagers. The city is crumbling to dust, and, cuddled in their little fortress in the middle, dozens of officials and holy men pretending to rule their country as if nothing had happened, fantasizing about glory to be gained in killing monsters.
I mean seriously

This town is messed up.

Suddenly Fighting! From somewhere an Olm Man Master bursts into the room and all the insane Highs and Exalteds and Holys and Sacreds start whacking him. The fighting is over before I even realise they’re not attacking me. I wipe the befuddled look of my face just in time to realize that they actually attacked the guy instead of running away and have apparently subsisted within this castle for four years without food. In my typical brilliance with words I immediately shout: ”Vampire”.
Nobody attacks me though.
Deciding not to take any chances I step out of the building and pretend nothing happened.
left eye

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 13, 2015, 06:46:50 am »

Add me to the list, I will find all the artifacts
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

Lara

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Hiya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 13, 2015, 08:55:16 pm »

I'd like a turn, please.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 14, 2015, 01:42:01 pm »

Warmbeaches the Lush Green Land-Fortress of Swimming? That is ambitious.. I'm looking forward to the rest of the story.
I'll update the turn list.

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 14, 2015, 02:26:37 pm »

I decide to try exploring the crypts of . I am terribly underequipped for any kind of journey, and I’m certainly not going to go back through that muck now that the dizziness has finally worn off. I had forgotten how difficult it is to get equipment my size outside of the mountainhomes.

Since the dizziness comes back sporadically and I can’t seem to find the abbey, I’m going to give the fort another try. Maybe I can loot some stuff in the dungeons.
After a bit of investigation it turns out less than half the people in the tower are Vampires! What a relief.
They are all very friendly though. I will leave them alone for now.

Well, wasn’t that a waste of time. The dungeon is just as empty as the city.
As I make my way out of the tower, I’m overcome by my boredom and throw a knife at one of the Vampires. The whole room immediately turns on me.
As my companion is struck down I regret letting one of my whims getting the better of me again and decide the moderate wounds I Have received will be enough of a lesson for me and do what I am best at: Running. And it seems to work, only a few of the pursuers are able to keep up and I lash at them when I get a good opportunity. Two of the remaining three are already gravely injured.
The non-vampire falls…
but the healthy vampire lands a lucky strike, sending me into unconsciousness from which I do not wake up.

Warmbeaches the Lush Green Land-Fortress of Swimming? That is ambitious.. I'm looking forward to the rest of the story.
I'll update the turn list.
Oh, that was what i intended, until i realized I had started at the other end of the world. I was pretty sure making that trip wasn't going to happen, but I did not count on my stupidity stopping me dead in my tracks this soon. :P Point of interest though: I had the option of starting there so maybe I'll do that when I give this another go. On that note, sign me up please.

As for a fortress I would have time to make one, but I'm of the opinion the thread needs to start rolling again so I would propose I hand over the save as is to the next guy immediately, if he's ready. Judgment call on that Braalbard?
left eye

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 14, 2015, 04:35:23 pm »

you should have drank blood from one of the dead vamps first. might have helped.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 14, 2015, 04:59:22 pm »

Would have been useful for the running away portion, at least.

This world will kill us all...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 14, 2015, 05:35:41 pm »

Perhaps starting from the Museum and "pacifying" the surrounding area with a few dozen adventurers first would be a better strategy?
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Nail

• Bay Watcher
  • Proud hypocrite
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 15, 2015, 05:01:28 am »

Oh, this was entirely my stupidity. I had basically already gotten away when I saw there were just three left, one of which with an already busted leg. The area wasn't actually dangerous, that's basically why I provoked the fight. Most of the hamlets in the area were peaceful or already cleared out and the city, including the dungeon was entirely empty of loot and enemies. I think my biggest mistake was actually starting as a dwarf and not immediately looking for equipment at my starting point. The world is entirely manageable as long as you avoid the evil areas.
My concern is more that the calendar when starting already takes ages to tick. I hope it doesn't eventually get stuck.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 05:04:17 am by Nail »
left eye

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 15, 2015, 06:04:50 am »

Saaaay  now that's an interesting idea:

What if one Player were to make an adventurer, wait for the days to tick by and all that, then when the adventurer finally appears, save the game and pass that along to the next Player?  Next Player has to use that adventurer and do some interesting adventury stuff with it before retiring/dying and genning a new adventurer before saving the game...

Would work with embarks too - you have to play the embark/re-embark that the last Player just saved for an in-game year before either retiring it and setting up a new embark/re-embark.  The trick is that the turn always has to have a retirement or abandonment somewhere in there for the RNG to do its thing.

Could make for some interesting stories.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 15, 2015, 02:21:16 pm »

As for a fortress I would have time to make one, but I'm of the opinion the thread needs to start rolling again so I would propose I hand over the save as is to the next guy immediately, if he's ready. Judgment call on that Braalbard?

Building a fortress will only take a few days so it's no problem to wait for a bit. If you want to move on, just post the save and we'll let unraveller know he can start.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 39