Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 109165 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #330 on: May 09, 2015, 06:12:03 pm »

Would a bag containing the skulls of an army be adequate tribute for the museum? I've got like twenty or so that I've been picking up from all the wandering soldiers that I've been running into.

The Adventures of Urdim Ottanzasit, Night 2
As the sun began to set, we continued our journey south, hoping to reach the next town before we were set upon by the bogeymen. Then Muthe got hit by an arrow in the foot, and it turned out that we'd found something much worse.

I had little hope in our chances of survival, but with a snowball's chance of outrunning a vampire, we had little choice but to turn and charge. Ramstom the lasher turned and ran after losing his ear, but I managed to cut the bloodsuckers' hands off before they could kill Muthe. After Muthe woke up, we tried to chase Ramstom down. When we finally caught up to him, a third vampire had nearly bled him dry. I put the bloodsucker down before it could finish him off, but Romstom bled to death soon after. His last words were
"It really is a pleasure to speak with you again. Hopefully your friends can dissuade you from this foolishness."

When we finally reached the next town, myself and Muthe found a goblin claiming to be the commander of an army. Assuming that he meant the army marching on the museum, I slew him. Overcome by bloodlust, and by the growing thirst that had been plaguing me since I ate the hearts of the vampires I killed, I plunged my teeth into his neck before he died. Muthe didn't seem to appreciate that, and the next thing I knew she was dead as well. My quest to find allies didn't seem to be going well.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 09, 2015, 06:31:44 pm »

That's a long-ass name you've earned yourself.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 09, 2015, 06:37:06 pm »

You ate a bunch of vampire hearts? By Armok, what are you getting yourself into?
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 09, 2015, 07:05:47 pm »

A only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 09, 2015, 07:33:20 pm »

((scoop up some of the vamp blood to submit as well))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 09, 2015, 08:17:26 pm »

People would just drink my submission then. You can't drink a museum piece!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 09, 2015, 08:39:31 pm »

((if its in a case I don't think that's possible. you could also just build some windows around it and ban others from drinking it))
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 09, 2015, 09:21:28 pm »

Eh, what is the point then? Thomod gathered and barreled up the blood of the minotaur Yellfamous. Anyone can drink it to imbue themselves with a mighty voice!
I've lost control of my life.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 11, 2015, 01:54:12 am »

Would a bag containing the skulls of an army be adequate tribute for the museum? I've got like twenty or so that I've been picking up from all the wandering soldiers that I've been running into.

I would assume so, considering my submission consisted of two goblin skulls

Also, if you can, you should check their bodies for trophies, tooth rings and nail crowns, things like that. People who killed in world gen often take trophies, and a bag full of 'em might be a neat submission.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #339 on: May 11, 2015, 03:01:53 am »

As I'm slowly getting into adventure mode again, sign me up please :)
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 11, 2015, 01:45:28 pm »

Oy!  Once again we've begun to accrue undead adventurers.  As with last time, they should all find a nice city to retire in after their adventures are finished for awhile.  Soon enough, we'll have mummies and husks, thralls and such all wandering around to mess with anyone that comes later.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 11, 2015, 02:29:02 pm »

How wonderful, perhaps someone should use their fortress turn to create a sort of 'City of the Damned' where all of our undead adventurers can retire.
I've lost control of my life.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 11, 2015, 02:46:45 pm »

How wonderful, perhaps someone should use their fortress turn to create a sort of 'City of the Damned' where all of our undead adventurers can retire.

It would have to have lots of impressive tombs, our Necropolis - labrinthine paths through all the massive structures...

Or, we could just appropriate one of the tombs built during World Gen.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 11, 2015, 03:10:34 pm »

Are you able to settle in those? If not I might try to find a necro-tower to settle down in. Also, there's a fortress just south of the Museum that seems to be unvisitable; I've tried to go there three times and crashed every time.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 11, 2015, 03:57:30 pm »

I think I'm likely going to be wrapping up this adventure soon. As such, I have a few options for my display piece:
a) skulls taken from fifty of the Museum's enemies
b) a waterskin full of vampire blood
c) a master crafted silver spear, taken from a goblin spearmaster
d) my own right hand

Any thoughts?

The Adventures of Urdim Ottanzasit, Day 5
I arrived in the human town of Usocosin, hoping to find newer, less dead allies. To my great joy, I found a pikewoman by the name of Olum Huroapap and a hammerwoman called Imi Mekalem. Both were willing to aid me, and both seemed completely free of injuries. As she agreed to join me, Olum mentioned a bronze colossus that had murdered some of her friends. I eagerly enquired about the beast, thinking that its corpse would make a fine trophy for the museum. Unfortunately, no one knew where the thing actually lived, instead telling me that a human by the name of Oko Shovelimage would be able to point me to the beast. Of course, no one knew where Oko was either, so I decided to head for the local castle to see if their lord had any news for me. It seemed like the town would be prime hunting grounds for a decent prize, as I heard tales of a zombie dragon as well, though apparently this Oko character was the only person who knew where it was. However, it turned out that there was a more immediate quest that would require our attention.

Just once, I'd like to go somewhere and not have it attacked by an army. Before I arrived here, thirty soldiers had died at my hand. Forty four if you count the ones I wasn't able to get decent skulls out of.

Day 6
I fear that I drastically underestimated the number of people I have to kill to get rid of this army. In any case, as we were wandering around, we came across a gloom ogre. It immediately stabbed Imi in the arm, making her lose her maul. I grabbed the knife, thinking I should probably try to keep these friends alive slightly longer.

I now regret that decision. In any case, he had an unusual skull. There are no eye holes in it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 05:15:34 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39