Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 110579 times)

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #345 on: May 11, 2015, 07:30:57 pm »

I'd go with the skulls, it seems like a much more impressive entry than the other three options.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 11, 2015, 08:11:31 pm »

Skulls are great and all, and even though we do have a couple of goblin bandito skulls a pile of fifty more couldn't hurt. Though, I do like the idea of a hand displayed. Perhaps not the vampire blood, risking the vile contamination of the Museum's defenders. And besides there are enough vampires wandering around for it to be unnecessary.
I've lost control of my life.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 11, 2015, 08:27:35 pm »

For the vampire curse to be passed along, it should be because another defender encountered this one and "survived" to tell the tale.  A sort of initiation.  You can imagine the pedigree after several levels of initiation have happened.  Each adventurer taking their place in the vampiric hierarchy of former heroes, now vile monsters to be hunted and slain by those who don't wish to join their unliving ranks...
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 08:30:03 pm by Timeless Bob »
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 11, 2015, 08:33:54 pm »

Ooh, imagine after so many turns and numerous undead adventures become guardians of this necropolis, (That someone should totally build) eventually having adventures attempting to face the twisted beasts that once came from the museum. Surely it would be difficult fighting past legendary vampires, husks, and thralls.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 11, 2015, 11:42:16 pm »

Ooh, imagine after so many turns and numerous undead adventures become guardians of this necropolis, (That someone should totally build) eventually having adventures attempting to face the twisted beasts that once came from the museum. Surely it would be difficult fighting past legendary vampires, husks, and thralls.

Especially is each one keeps a token for themselves - a necklace, a named weapon, ect... Something that proves that the adventurer in question bested the former heroes...  Something to put in the Museum later on.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 12, 2015, 06:13:04 pm »

The Adventures of Urdim Ottanzasit, Night 6
Stopping off to murder the occupants of a few tents, my companions and I travelled north to Throneshields and the Museum. Though I had failed in my quest to find an army that would ally itself with us, I had murdered five people claiming to be the commander of an army, so I figured that the odds of one of them being the person I wanted to kill were fairly good. After a pause to kill yet another commander, I noticed that I was close to a place by the name of Pukesport the Grizzly Dreams. I thought that I remembered Thomod speaking fondly of the place, so I decided to check in on his old friend Yellfamous. She didn't look happy to have more visitors, though her exact words were that she wanted my bones for her bone mill. Assuming that she was talking about my skull collection, I over reacted a bit, cutting off her left lower arm. It's no skull, but I added it to my collection anyway.

Deciding that I might as well do some sightseeing before settling down again, I took my companions north to a tomb called Purplebeige. I asked my companions to wait outside, figuring that there was little reason in getting them hit by some eldritch curse. I should have probably listened to that advice myself, because no sooner was I inside than a weapon trap took off my right foot. Strangely, the coffin was empty, and there didn't even seem to be a crutch anywhere to repay me for the inconvenience of taking my foot.

Day 7
I returned at last to Throneshields after finally finding a crutch in a different tomb. Pausing only to exchange words with the great and wise wagon (who is now outside the museum for whatever reason), I presented it with two offerings; the first was merely the lordship of one of the castles I had taken from its enemies- all hail Wagonio, Lord of the Hames of Balance- the second being the skulls of fifty seven of its enemies in a bag. The wagon seemed happier about the second offering, and I can't say that I blame it.

Perhaps this is the best place to end this account of my travels. I know that I cannot stay in Throneshields with my growing bloodthirst, and writing where I intend to go would only be a temptation to follow me. So I shall set out again. Who knows, the wagon might even have a quest for someone of my affliction in the future.

So ends the adventure of Urdim Ottanzasit. I'd like to sign on for another turn though. Hopefully he won't have been killed for his blood at that stage.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 06:43:08 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 12, 2015, 06:25:41 pm »

Lovely, fifty-seven skulls! Coming to a total of 59 counting the two goblin bandit craniums already there. By any chance, did you kill Yellfamous? Or were you there to simply collect her arm? And by the way, I didn't realized she was a women, time to edit my posts.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 12, 2015, 06:42:29 pm »

Yellfamous is still lurking about. I think her right arm isn't working because I had to stab it a few times to make her let go of my leg, but other than that and the injuries from your visit and the fact that she's missing an arm, she's in mint condition. Perhaps we should see how many adventurers can get a body part off her before she expires.

Also, judging by the number of things I killed, roughly half the goblin army is made up of crundles and magma crabs.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 06:44:51 pm by Deus Asmoth »
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 12, 2015, 07:27:57 pm »

Well then, a string of successful adventures happens to be starting, hopefully I can keep it going! Deus, upload the save when possible, and Rendell can continue it on.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 12, 2015, 10:10:59 pm »

I bet there's this little tiny "wizard of oz" type guy in the middle of that wagon, controlling it and convincing everybody he is really an immortal god of chaos and rainbows that decided to take the form of a sentient wagon, but it's just a theory.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 12, 2015, 10:40:25 pm »

You dare disgrace our beloved and benevolent Wagon? Blasphemy! Heresy! Some other words!

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 12, 2015, 11:50:27 pm »

You dare disgrace our beloved and benevolent Wagon? Blasphemy! Heresy! Some other words!
I see another person has fallen for this illusionists schemes, YOUR WORSHIPPING A FALSE GOD!!! stop the madness, see the truth or the illusionist will doom us all!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 13, 2015, 12:01:30 am »

I leave you all with a word of advice:

Relevant I suppose?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 13, 2015, 07:45:52 pm »

Obey the wagon! Confiscate the minotaurs feet next!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rendell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 14, 2015, 12:00:10 am »

Excellent, Ill begin my turn when the save is uploaded.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39