Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39

Author Topic: The Museum II; adventure succession world (game is finished)  (Read 110563 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum II; new adventure succession world
« Reply #420 on: June 01, 2015, 11:32:39 pm »

...what exactly is wrong with it? Seems a pretty good start to an adventure to me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 02, 2015, 03:42:06 am »

Onec is a special girl.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 02, 2015, 04:55:38 am »

"I can't believe I'm having a conversation with a talking wagon," said Onec, scratching her head.

"Well you damn best well start believing it, eh?" came the wagon's retort.

"You're telling me that this 'Museum' has artifacts from around the world, and that you want me to contribute to it?"

"Aye, if you're up f'rit. Go and see for yourself."

Onec did just that. The doors gave way easily, no creaking.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Onec was awestruck, confronted with minotaur horns, minotaur blood, an ornate spear, many skulls, and a mutha freakin' dragon's corpse, trophies of adventurers gone by. Her heart changed in that moment, desiring nothing less than to make the most impressive Museum contribution evar.

EDIT: I dropped off Lomam's skull in the museum as insurance in case I don't make it back. So unless I deliver something better it is my official contribution. Also, I started on the 7th of Timber, 1070, for reference.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 09:33:57 pm by 0996395 »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 03, 2015, 09:24:05 pm »

Onec spent the next morning in the woods nearby town, training. The last thing she expected to find on her way back was a band of bandits.

(Plus a marksdwarf and bowman across the river).

She dispatched everybody with amazing ease, using her newly begotten (read: stolen from a mead hall) silver mace. She felt much, much more powerful than ever before, and courageous enough to venture away from the hamlet she grew up in toward one of the fortresses in the more remote parts of the world. But first, she wanted to visit Creviceglad and see the chaos that she had heard rumored.

But before that, she was going to drop off some more skulls at the museum. See, she had one from an alligator, an ibex, a white stork, a honey badger, a boar, a goblin, and a dwarf. If she couldn't bring back something epic, she at least was going to make a catalogue of (dented) skulls in the museum.

In Creviceglad, Onec saw buildings with dead animal men, and met one badass, crossbow-carrying priest.

Randomly, in the street, one of Onec's companions sprinted forward without saying anything.

"What are you doing! Get back here!" Onec yelled, then swore, taking off after him. By the time she caught up, the companion, a pikeman, was laying into a reptile man vampire. The pikeman punched the vampire in the mouth, sending teeth and blood flying everywhere. They were on a rooftop now, and the fight seemed to be very onesided. Thinking quickly, Onec put some of the vampire's blood in one of her empty waterskins. She had heard rumors that vampire blood could convert the drinking into a vampire themselves, and that would be potentially valuable in the future...

Onec came to her senses and sprung to join in on the fight. They had the reptile man cornered on the rooftop, a three story drop below. Onec landed a couple hits, painful, heavy hits, but the reptile man refused to go down.

He must not be able to feel pain, Onec thought, as the desperate vampire jumped off the roof to escape them.

"Hey, not on my watch!" Onec yelled as she grabbed onto the ledge of the roof, attempting pursuit. But she was getting much too ahead of herself. She had never climbed anything in her life. She lost grip and fell all the way down...

Onec figured it wouldn't be the last time her armor saved her. She quickly gathered her senses. She looked around. The vampire and her were in an small, alley, and there was only one exit. She quickly stepped between her enemy and the only way out.

She took stock of her opponent and saw that the fall had damaged his arms, head, and one leg. He was reduced to crawling. After a few glancing blows and a few more outright misses, Onec connected.

As the figurative smoke cleared, Onec realized that she had just done her first heroic deed.

"Well, his skull will make a nice addition to the collection at the Museum."

-----------
Skills and attributes update:

EDIT: I'm headed toward bookamazes. It's an extremely slow journey, because of companions, rivers, evil lands, and the fact that DF crashes about half the time when I try to fast travel or sleep.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 03:36:23 am by 0996395 »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 04, 2015, 05:52:36 am »

It's not really a museum anymore so much as a catacomb, I think.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 04, 2015, 03:24:26 pm »

We'll just have to arrange the more grisly exhibits into the "Life Sciences" wing.  No worries.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 05, 2015, 06:19:18 pm »

I hope to make it to bookamazes today.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 07, 2015, 05:15:04 pm »

Okay, my turn has come to an end. I was doing well but it's Sunday and my deadline is here.
-------------
Onec journeyed north. She traveled through an immense swath of evil lands, and through the elven forests, all the way to Bookamazes.

There wasn't much to it, just a ton of scattered clothes and bolts, along with a mayor and a queen.

Onec gave in to starvation slightly afterward.

Here should be the save: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=10913

I'm considering making a roster for this museum like the one Kesperan did for the original museum.

Also, please put me on the turn list once more.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 07, 2015, 06:48:49 pm »

Gave in to starvation!? Oh come on, we could have waited another couple hours to let you retire! Such a lame way to go. Should have at least fed her to wolves or something.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 08, 2015, 01:04:37 am »

It took at least five hours of real life time to travel to Bookamazes, which was a bit of a let down, and I didn't want to spend another five hours getting back there to retire... I had to head out right after I posted which left no time for a more awesome death.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 08, 2015, 02:33:34 am »

The moral to this story:  If you finally reach Bookamazes, retire there.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 08, 2015, 09:00:06 am »

At least you added more skulls to the Museum as insurance?
I've lost control of my life.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 08, 2015, 01:38:39 pm »

Imagine how bad skull insurance commercials could be.
I make Spellcrafts!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 08, 2015, 05:57:07 pm »

I did reach bookamazes, Bob. And there was no option to retire there, because according to the legends, it had been taken over by a goblin faction led by a human previously and it was nearly abandoned.

I added the skulls of several species, a good start to a full collection.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 08, 2015, 06:40:39 pm »

When the dragon corpse decomposes, I suppose I've added a dragon skull as well.
I've lost control of my life.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39