Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mod reaction time?  (Read 1014 times)

letsdance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
mod reaction time?
« on: September 05, 2014, 03:11:53 am »

is it possible to mod the time it takes for a dwarf to perform a certain task, for example produce a rock craft at the craftsdwarf workshop? if not directly, is it possible to force them to produce an intermediate product, that is then needed for the final reaction? example: rock craft needs a "craft stone" wich can be produced from any rock; this should at least double the required time to produce a rock craft.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: mod reaction time?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 07:39:19 am »

AFAIK you can't mod that reaction because it's hardcoded. I suppose you could take the relevant tags out of every stone in the game and make new versions that have those and are only produced by a custom reaction, but that seems like a lot of work.

As far as custom reactions go, I do not believe you can set the time it takes.
GM of Trespassers V2.
I'm writing a science fantasy story. Mostly hiatused due to life stuff.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Billy Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • Baywatch Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 10:17:21 am »

AFAIK, any time a reaction creates a product, there is an experience gain. So producing "ingredient" products to generate the final product would result in a larger experience gain.
Give a dwarf a fish, you feed him for a season.
Give a dwarf a Fishpond, couple of buckets, build a Fishery, and enable Fishfarming labor; you feed him for a lifetime. (And get someone to clean and prep the fish)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 10:31:57 am »

AFAIK, any time a reaction creates a product, there is an experience gain. So producing "ingredient" products to generate the final product would result in a larger experience gain.

Well, larger gain per final item, but not per unit of time.

To my knowledge, your custom reaction can use the hard-coded times or be instant by not specifying any skill at all.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

letsdance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 10:41:35 am »

thx for the replies.

I suppose you could take the relevant tags out of every stone in the game and make new versions
can i? it only has the [IS_STONE] tag which is probably also used for many other things. i can't break this. and there is no way to mod the reactions allowed in existing workshops, or to disable existing workshops, is there?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:06:24 pm by letsdance »