Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: (Looking For New Players) Of Wonders and Loot: A Tale of Unity  (Read 6102 times)

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
(Looking For New Players) Of Wonders and Loot: A Tale of Unity
« on: September 05, 2014, 11:32:11 am »

I need New Players one or two will do, you only have a choice of human, elf, khajiit, Dwarf, and argonian
create a sheet like this for your character if you want to play

Name:
Race:
Height:
Weapon Pref:
(choose one class)
Tribal warrior (light armor, single hand weapons, offensive)
Knight (heavy armor, two hand weapons or weapon and heavy shield, offensive)
Tank (walking wall, default class for giants, golems, ents and other large humanoids, giant or heavy two hand weapons, offensive)
Healer (light armor, healing magic, defensive-support)
Battle mage (light armor, destruction magic, offensive)
Spell sword (light-mid armor, destruction magic and one hand weapons, offensive)
Mage (light armor, any magic, support)
Theif (light- no armor, knifes and small weapons, offensive-not usualy used in large combat but 1 on 1 instead)
Ranger (light- mid armor, short swords/bows/ and knives, offensive)
Hunter (light-no armor, ranged weapons and spears, offensive)
Rouge (light armor, knives/poisons/and small weapons, offensive)

This is a fantasy game (think lord of the rings, skyrim, dwarf fortress, etc)
There is one restriction to your race, it must be humanoid. No dragons or sea monsters but ents, giants, minataurs, golems, and other humanoid monsters are fair game.
please keep height, weight, and age at non ridiculous numbers
Game updates will be once or twice a day for major stuff or whenever im on and someone responds for minor conversations or solo missions

Players

Name: David Greyheart
Race: Bear
Weight: 230
Height: 6ft 3in
Weapon Pref: Sharpened staff
Mage (light armor, any magic, support)

Name: Alexander
Race: Immortal (Human)
Height: 5 foot 11
Weight: 54 Kg.
Weapon Pref: Magical Laser Sword.
Class: Spell Sword

Name: Walt, Irk, and Ron Bones
Race: 3-headed Troll
Weight: 500 lbs.
Height: 9' 0"
Weapon Pref: Huge Bow
Class: Ranger (light- mid armor, short swords/bows/ and knives, offensive)

Name: Xaot'iltect
Race: Chaosman
Height: 5' 5"
Weapon pref: Staff
Class: healer

Name: Earl
Race: Human
Height: 5' 9"
Weapon Preference: Sap
Class: Thief

Name: Resnov The Wanderer
Race: Child of the Wild (race made up in this game- think half wood elf half Kahjiit)
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 185 lb
Weapon Pref: Dual War Axe
Class: Tribal Warrior

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 10:53:22 am by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Of Wonders and Loot: A Tale of Unity
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 11:42:50 am »

Weight: 230
Weapon Pref:Mage (light armor, any magic, support)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 02:26:45 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 12:48:32 pm »

Weight: 130
Weapon Pref:Mage (light armor, any magic, support)

so would that be like a wild man with bear like features?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 01:09:11 pm »

No. I would like to come from a secluded race of sapient bears who due to difficulty in tool use specialize in magic. It was founded by the great Sir Bearington. They have very advanced occlusion magic. (It's like illusion magic but instead of altering light they just alter the likelihood of someone noticing something. For example being a bear.)

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 01:21:00 pm »

Ptw.
What's the update schedule gonna be like for this?
Take a closer look at this text!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 01:52:08 pm »

No. I would like to come from a secluded race of sapient bears who due to difficulty in tool use specialize in magic. It was founded by the great Sir Bearington. They have very advanced occlusion magic. (It's like illusion magic but instead of altering light they just alter the likelihood of someone noticing something. For example being a bear.)
This can work with the world I have set up
So people would perceive you as a normal person?

Ptw.
What's the update schedule gonna be like for this?
Once or twice a day depending on how quickly people respond because I want everyone to respond before we continue

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 02:05:14 pm »

No. That would be an illusion. They would assume I'm human/dwarf/elf/whatever simply because they do not notice the fact that I am a bear. This is a permanent enchantment given at birth and has only a small chance of bypassing. However you get another chance every time someone nearby mentions the bearhood. Luckily due to the low chance of people noticing even if you tell them most people just go along with it even if they notice since no one else said anything or reacted at all. My life goal is to make a bear to common translation spell because people generally just get the gist of what we're saying due to the fact that they don't notice we speak bear as "only bears speak bear and I see no bears."
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 02:17:17 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 02:17:57 pm »

No. That would be an illusion. They would assume I'm human/dwarf/elf/whatever simply because they do not notice the fact that I am a bear. This is a permanent enchantment given at birth and has only a small chance of bypassing. However you get another chance every time someone nearby mentions the bearhood. Luckily due to the low chance of people noticing even if you tell them most people just go along with it even if they notice since no one else said anything or reacted at all.

So people can notice that you are a bear but since the birth enchantment it is very unlikely, ok

So how would you look to someone that is directly having a conversation with you or the others in the party?

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 02:23:14 pm »

Probably a very hairy man.
And, hrm.
I can't participate if. It updates that quickly.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 02:30:58 pm »

No. That would be an illusion. They would assume I'm human/dwarf/elf/whatever simply because they do not notice the fact that I am a bear. This is a permanent enchantment given at birth and has only a small chance of bypassing. However you get another chance every time someone nearby mentions the bearhood. Luckily due to the low chance of people noticing even if you tell them most people just go along with it even if they notice since no one else said anything or reacted at all.

So people can notice that you are a bear but since the birth enchantment it is very unlikely, ok

So how would you look to someone that is directly having a conversation with you or the others in the party?
Okay, there are two possibilities. One is that they just fill in with their imagination and it's different for everyone but if they talk about my appearance the images sort of merge to stay congruent. The other option is nothing. Because they don't notice I'm a bear it's possible they just kind of look past me and at my movement in stead of myself. Just getting distracted by stuff and never getting a good look at me.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 02:35:31 pm »

And, hrm.

Once a day or once every other day?
would that work?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 02:36:51 pm »

And, hrm.

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 02:38:22 pm »

Nah, I won't be able to participate at all in anything with a fast update schedule.  :P
I can't get on here until Thursday afternoons, and then I leave on Saturdays.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 02:38:29 pm »

Okay, there are two possibilities. One is that they just fill in with their imagination and it's different for everyone but if they talk about my appearance the images sort of merge to stay congruent. The other option is nothing. Because they don't notice I'm a bear it's possible they just kind of look past me and at my movement in stead of myself. Just getting distracted by stuff and never getting a good look at me.
The party will see you as a wild man sort of person and the majority of people either dont notice you or see you as some random figure

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 03:12:15 pm »

I think they would notice me (I'm too large to be completely ignored) but not look at me. Also, just a heads up all my bear speech will be in spoilers followed by parenthesis with the gist of the meaning. Example:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Sup? I'm Dave.)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 03:23:43 pm by The Froggy Ninja »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8