Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Roll to Be Locked Up! - A prisoner RtD!  (Read 13123 times)

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be Locked Up! - A prisoner RtD!
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 11:23:09 pm »

Post to watch. Seems pretty similar to TCM's syndicate game.
It IS a partial ripoff.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 11:44:45 pm »

Post to watch. Seems pretty similar to TCM's syndicate game.
It IS a partial ripoff.

Nah, it's just an adaptation of some of the systems. It's your own original game, I wouldn't have thought of this.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 05:50:41 am »

NAV, could you post your actions? I might not be able to do them tomorrow.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 06:03:59 am »

Try to lay low until I get to the prison. Don't actually talk to anyone.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2014, 06:49:20 am »

Ah, so they're going to ignore me? Were they ordered by someone, perhaps seeking to isolate me?
Hubert simply sits, and looks out the window, if there is one.

[5] When you turn your head to the window, you are the first one to see a tower made from what looks like cement. Your senses jump in, and you realize one thing.
This is going to be your new home for the rest of your life, if you don't make it out of here. Another thing you spot - two men in uniform dragging another through the desert. The bus is now driving on private ground, so there is no one else nearby. One of the men in uniform is carrying a rifle and the other one what looks from distance [6] like a key, probably to the victim's handcuff's you just noticed. You think that the men are a prisoner and guards from Falcon.
All the fields around are flat for miles each direction. And the guards on towers are equipped with all sort of weaponry that may or may not be able to defend this place from a siege for years.
Alright. Look around again, see who can be exploited, and who to avoid.

[1] You look around only to accidentally bump yourself on the head pretty hard when you turn your head to the window. Everyone in the bus laughs at your ineptitude to not hurt yourself.

"Don't talk like that bro, if we stick together we can figure something out. Remember, our crew doesn't carry snitches or bitches so we can trust each other. I trust you, we can get something done in here."
MC turns to the huge guy who recognized the gang sign.
"Hey homie, haven't seen you before. But you're part of the Eastside Clique right? You recognized the symbol. Are you part of a different set?"
Converse with the big guy.
[2]
"Yeah, whatever. Nobody escaped this place for 20 years. And the guy who designed this place? He designed around 16 other ones and owns all of them for over 40 years now. May I add that there has been less than five escapes in total in over 30 years?"
The big guy seems to be busy with what is going on outside. But that you can't see as you are on the other side of the bus. What you can see, is a giant building that is Falcon Correctional Facility.The prisoners are already grouping near the fences when they spot your bus.

Try to lay low until I get to the prison. Don't actually talk to anyone.
[6]You hunker down and when you look at the floor, you see a glass shank that someone taped under the chair! You may even be able to smuggle it inside!

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 01:38:54 pm »

*bump*

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 01:43:54 pm »

Oh. Oooooh. Shit, that's gonna take a while. Meh. I'll break out, the protagonist always does.
Hubert starts napping.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2014, 01:43:16 pm »

Hi Saber! I want to join, too.

Name: Eugene Marks
Backstory: Eugene Marks was an extremely well respected among psychologist. He was renowned by his ability to recognize a person's personality, fears, vices, past, and innumerable other things. Everyone thought he would make it to world-wide fame! Every professor, student, and practicing psychologist was holding their breath, waiting to see not if - but when - this would happen! He was at the peak of his fame.

But that was 27 years ago, before the unimaginable happened. No one knows how, but one day news leaked of Eugene's carefully hidden ASPD, among many, many other shocking psychotic thinking patters and chilling transcripts between doctor and patient. It was revealed that the "cured" - in fact - left his office more scarred than before they entered. Eugene destroyed his victim's psychological stability, while simultaneously making them dependent on him. This can be proved because all his patients were later revealed to have strong symptoms of Stolkholm syndrome, and many committed suicide from guilt, after his arrest.
Appearance: Despite being of somewhat old age, Eugene appears to be in his late 30's. He has no scars, missing appendeges, or any physical sign of being in anyway different from a normal person. His calm, measured voice commands authority and a respect. He appears in no way aggressive or threatening.
Sentence: 60 years
Crime Committed: His fate was sealed when the victims' lawyers proved that the suicides could be traced back to Eugene, and therefore they could be counted as manslaughter.

By the way, how will player characters get better at things? Like... say a +1 bonus to all rolls of a very defined category (lock-picking, for instance). Will you feature some sort of "level" system? Will it be that you have to do a certain action x amount of times? Hope you reply soon.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 02:55:46 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2014, 01:53:55 pm »

Yes, take the shiv. Hide it... where can I hide this thing? Try hiding it in my shoe.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2014, 02:03:02 pm »

Flash the gang sign at the inmates, see if any of them sign it back.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2014, 02:13:50 pm »

By the way, how will player characters get better at things? Like... say a +1 bonus to all rolls of a very defined category (lock-picking, for instance). Will you feature some sort of "level" system? Will it be that you have to do a certain action x amount of times? Hope you reply soon.
If you completely rock at something, you may get a +1 on it. Like you would get a +1 on psychology checks as well as being recognized as an educated person, thus opening some more possibilities in front of you. TCM got backup from his gang, and other things like that.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2014, 02:17:48 pm »

Do I get plus 1 on anything?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2014, 02:24:17 pm »

Playergamer will have a free action.
Oh. Oooooh. Shit, that's gonna take a while. Meh. I'll break out, the protagonist always does.
Hubert starts napping.
[1] You are immediately woken up by an angry guard poking you in the face with the stock of his gun.
"Git up, we're here."

Yes, take the shiv. Hide it... where can I hide this thing? Try hiding it in my shoe.
[2]It doesn't fit there. You may have to try to hide it in your hair, or in the back entrance.

Flash the gang sign at the inmates, see if any of them sign it back.
[1]No one notices your signs, but you do spot some of your rivals, Blade Boys.

Do I get plus 1 on anything?
Yes, for close combat.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 12:48:14 am by SaberToothTiger »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2014, 11:27:26 pm »

"The Blade Boys are in this prison? Fuck, that's not good."

Exit bus when time comes. Stay close to Jim and the big guy.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2014, 12:40:40 am »

Right, right, I'm getting up...
Hubert gets up, waiting until the time for them to leave comes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11