Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14

Author Topic: OpenTTD: Signal Finagling simulator, Server Edition  (Read 25378 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: OpenTTD: Signal Finagling simulator, Server Edition
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2014, 01:36:38 pm »

So, considering the date has barely advanced since this morning, I saved the map and gave the server a break. You guys still want to continue with it?
The only times I've poked my head into the server it's been empty.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vortex Rikers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2014, 03:42:41 pm »

I'm done with this map for now, literally expanded myself to each corner of the map, the only thing that was left to do was go bankrupt just to see it happen.
Maybe it's time for a fresh map with an increased road vehicle limit and fixed settings.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2014, 04:26:15 pm »

This map was fun to start with, but now it's getting a bit old. Everything's too developed now.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2014, 06:45:25 pm »

Is the server down? I added the server as "lyoncraft.ddns.net" and it has ":3979(IPv4)" at the end of it in the name. Says it's offline though.

Also, I am new to this game but I saw a disaster option. Maybe turn disasters on so development isn't permanent?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2014, 06:51:32 pm »

Among other things like helping with stuff and watching the thread about the scottish thing, I'd thought that unless someone really wanted me to reboot the map now, I'd wait and set it up tomorrow morning. (or Djo could set his up if he wanted to, either one.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2014, 06:58:49 pm »

Pretty sure Akylon took it down because no-one was playing. He'll (probably) put a new one up at some point, assuming everyone's still interested.

E: Ninja'd by Akylon himself.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2014, 09:43:57 pm »

I'm interested in possibly joining in, but waiting for a new map / restart.

What are all these mods in the OP? I've only ever played vanilla openttd (with the original ttd art, for that matter). Is it very different?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2014, 09:50:46 pm »

FIRS is an industry grf, it does quite a few things, mostly adding industries. The rest are vehicles grfs. They add vehicles. (Also I don't have the original ttd art, only the OpenGFX and its companions in freeness.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2014, 01:06:08 am »

I'm guessing you need to download the mods to play on the server.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2014, 01:23:27 am »

The game does it (kind of) automatically when you select the server in the multiplayer screen.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2014, 10:09:45 am »

Server's up, settings are fixed in comparison to werty's map. (that is, Expiration is off again and construction costs went back up to medium.)

Settings changed aside from that:
Max ships/company (300 > 500)
Max aircraft/company (200 > 500)
Max road vehicles/company (500 > 750), max trains is left unchanged at 500.
FIRS parameter change: Allow secondary industry closings.

Map settings:
Temperate again, Sea level Custom 50%, 1024x1024 Very Low towns and very flat terrain, medium rivers, normal industry count, etc. Basically the same settings as the desert map with more water and less sand.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2014, 08:08:33 pm »

I was thinking about how much of a pain it is to manage every little aspect of your company and once you really spread out, you end up leaving behind tons of inefficient loops, and was wondering if it's common for a few people to join one single company and have one working on the transport of passengers, another on transporting between industries with trains and trucks, and another planning for city growth with preemptive airports and railroads and the sort.

Was also thinking that we at some point ONLY do this. Have a server where there are fewer companies (2-3) and when someone joins they pick a position and get to work on just that position. It sounds like you could make some crazy efficient cities.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2014, 09:52:40 pm »

Generally, if you're big enough to have inefficient loops as a single-player company and not go bankrupt, you don't really have to worry about them I'd say. If you're at that point you have some millions and can spend time fixing things if you want. Or spend time doing other things, like making ridiculous train networks or passenger lines or Inventing the Flying Boat.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2015, 05:40:44 pm »

It begins

again

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2015, 01:08:59 pm »

Hey Aseaheru, could you remove your ferry system that is running around my islands?  I wouldn't mind so much if you had been built up there (ex. like Orange is), but you're on the other side of the map.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14