Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Castlefly: In need of time killer projects(.40.11+, Civilization Forge)  (Read 27572 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Castlefly: In need of time killer projects(.40.11+, Civilization Forge)
« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2014, 10:04:45 am »

Nil's a regular (or as regular as a hardened head squishes like him can be anyway,) footslogger. Been meaning to assign a hammerer from outside the militia just for completeness' sake though.
I'd understand if you don't. If any good Dwarves get sentenced to hammer strikes, you know they'll die.
Considering that's sort of the point of hammerers... But really it's more because if we do for whatever reason need to carry out an execution, I don't want to have to deactivate a squad for the sentence.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2014, 11:23:55 am »

Nil's a regular (or as regular as a hardened head squishes like him can be anyway,) footslogger. Been meaning to assign a hammerer from outside the militia just for completeness' sake though.
I'd understand if you don't. If any good Dwarves get sentenced to hammer strikes, you know they'll die.
Considering that's sort of the point of hammerers... But really it's more because if we do for whatever reason need to carry out an execution, I don't want to have to deactivate a squad for the sentence.
I meant more like a Dwarf vital to the fortress getting killed when he or she would otherwise be injured. Obviously the hammerer is supposed to kill criminals, but sometimes you need the criminals alive.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2014, 12:31:46 pm »

I meant more like a Dwarf vital to the fortress getting killed when he or she would otherwise be injured. Obviously the hammerer is supposed to kill criminals, but sometimes you need the criminals alive.

I know, but when we need a hammerer it means Castlefly has officially shit the bed and is not going to improve in a quick manner.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2014, 02:41:03 pm »

MAN, I now realise just how much I hate the default tileset...
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2014, 03:23:46 am »

MAN, I now realise just how much I hate the default tileset...
Yeah, it can be a bit of an eyesore if you didn't force yourself to learn it. I just never bothered to update it to Phoebus since there's no graphics for a lot of enemies and such in this mod.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2014, 02:44:31 pm »

Unsure of wether or not thread is dead...

*Pokes it with a stick*
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Retired/Extended Sigs

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2014, 02:53:35 pm »

Actually I'm getting an update ready now.

We got to kill more shit! Sure, one of our guys lost a foot but that's less important.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2014, 03:13:09 pm »

Ooh, bloodshed!
Retired/Extended Sigs

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2014, 05:04:19 pm »

Log Entry 98

A child comes into this world as a Hero leaves it. Fitting. Our Glassmaker was unable to find a proper coffin mold and so has one of the Forgedwarves making a platinum receptacle while a mason cuts a marble slab. Maskwolf also tells me he's finally found a significant other: The Engineer Ushrir Ceilingcudgel! Perhaps we'll see him married and re-enlisted before long.

Log Entry 99

Minkot's  body has finally been interred. To those who read this, if you wish to pay your respects, follow the tunnel in the large empty room across from the hospital; hers is the first tomb on the right.
[It took three goddamn tries to get her marble headstone made. I couldn't find the two gabbro ones that got used.]

The miners have also uncovered several of the hard-to-find storm crystals.

Log Entry 100

The Tongs are heading into the caverns, apparently to deal with a rather prolific infestation of crundles. I'm told some engineers already had to get involved as well. On top of this, Minkot Foughtanvil began screaming that demented black speech others have, and took over a clotheir's workshop. Only time will tell what it'll be.

Log Entry 101

I've been tasked with killing a Reacher causing problems for workers. I also couldn't find my falchion; I'm fairly certain some bastard stole it, so I'm making due with a falcata as there's no other suitable swords laying around.

Foughtanvil's begun that construction, taking ant chitin, crundle hide, a gabbro block, silver bar, silk, featherwood and amethysts and continues muttering things while working feverishly until producing an astounding mask! Not sure why you'd put wooden spikes.

Log Entry 102

Aaaaaaand Mosspaint was killed. An Ironhide Centipede was spotted leaving her gnawed corpse and it has been named Empiremaster. Some want to capture it, but I'm heading out to slay it.

No death goes unanswered.

Log Entry 103

The trainers have revealed to the rest of us that the elk birds are less than useful to us. Someone asked why and they said that it's “Sort of hard for a bunch of males to make any baby elk birds.” But they also noted that the preparedness of the traps caught a small breeding number of crundles, and a female cave crawler.

Along with this, Uvash has finally named his weapon.

Log Entry 104

Foughtanvil has finished that project, a truly sublime mask. However, not all is good news for this entry.

A great beast enters our underground holdings. Despite protests that a group should be sent, I got to face the monster alone. Either I kill it and we gain a healthy supply of extra meat, or it kills me and Asmel's death is answered for. Win-win.

-

It's done; In my haste to get down there, I forgot to bring a sword and had to fight the thing barehanded save for my (less than serviceable as a weapon,) featherwood targe. The weavers seem rather insistent on lauding my act of stupidity and seem quite intent on embellishing what happened.

“He tore its brain right out of its head!” They say. Feh. I Happened to give it a hard enough konk on the head to kill it, there was hardly any brain removal involved. On the upside, I've been permitted to select a bar of metal to have shortsword made for myself. We have a bar of incendium so I'm going to request a blade forged from that. Along with this, both Nil and I are to have “Champion Armor” forged for us. Apparently it's intended to be made out of glacium, and a gift in recognition of our heroism.

A couple more items were also bestowed names, in honor of the beast's death.

Log Entry 105

A golden entryway is being constructed. Evidently the metalsmiths are in dire need of something productive to do since the militia's needs are met.

Also another named weapon, this one belonging to Realmscraft, along with the entire adult population able to claim they have a bed all to themselves!

Log Entry 106

The enemy comes, and I'm able to take part. The Gilded Flashes and Friendly Paints are taking to the field alongside the Tongs and Orbs. Tosid Sunnyboots bears Minkot's spear, Crimsonmire, ready to take vengeance on the goblins with it. We I look at that spear in his hand, I feel like I can hear the spear calling for goblin blood, eager to avenge its former master.

There is no plan of ambush in the treeline this time: We're out for their blood, and we're coming for them in force.

-

The battle was brutal, and horrific, but most of us have become numb to such things. Bodies lie in a great pile outside for the most part; the trolls couldn't cope with what they saw as their handlers were incapacitated and brutally killed in droves and only a small number of them escaped.

Zen Purewheeled however, was our sole and unfortunate casualty. A goblin halberdier jumped him from behind and stabbed him in the tiny gap between his hauberk and boot below the knee, cutting away his foot.

Already dwarves looking for bloody but unworn clothing they can loot off the bodies and collecting weaponry to store for later use.

More will come however. More always come.

Soooooooooo We got us a baby update after a long while! Sorry its so short, but it does cover a long hunk of time.

Mebzuth punched a giant shelled worm to death, a baby was born, the temple is finished sans statues, a herd of elk birds was caught and a crundle infestation (and I do mean infestation,) was eradicated. We also had a mood, and the entire adult population has officially been housed at long last! The kids are still largely making due with either the dormitory or their parents' apartments.

We also have a minor project underway: The Golden Gate. Which as of Hematite (and the goblin attack,) is roughly half finished. A dwarf did get killed by an animal attack unfortunately, and a soldier lost a foot, but considering our medical personnel he'll be back on his one foot and beating heads in with his crutch in no time. Also, I think I have everything up to date. Someone have a quick lookyloo and let me know if there's any journals I missed.

Enjoy guys! I'll try not to take so long next time.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2014, 03:05:04 am »

Cool stuff. Looking forward to the next update.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2014, 01:39:26 pm »

Cool stuff. Looking forward to the next update.
Lolz I was so close to remarking on that last night.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2014, 09:42:57 pm »

Just checking, has this been abandoned or is it only inactive right now?
Retired/Extended Sigs

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2014, 09:52:20 pm »

Just checking, has this been abandoned or is it only inactive right now?

Currently inactive. Been focusing on Riverrun.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]