Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Comprehensive Metal Mod Project [POLL]

(1/7) > >>

Chevaleresse:
I don't know if anyone has done this before, but would the DF community be interested in a mod that implemented a variety of metals and their ores? This would ideally be a group project, unlike my Elf Mode project that no one wanted to actually sign on for. I figure that we'll dredge up a list of metals and alloys that the community would like added to the game, then get people to find accurate material properties for each. To help out, you'd just state what metal you wanted to work on. Even if you're not a modder, suggestions are welcome.

Current list of metals:
-Aluminum bronze - Taken by King Murdoc
-Uranium (not radioactive for now, unless we give it a syndrome on contact.)
-Mithril (superior to steel, inferior to divine/candy?)

StagnantSoul:
I'm in! I already have one metal to toss in, and am working on two more. Current metal is Burning Steel, a steel and dragon bone alloy, equal to divine metals, but heavier. I'm also working on Colossus Bronze, a bronze-steel alloy better than divine metals, but worse than adamantine, and REALLY heavy, as heavy as platinum, meaning fully colossus bronze armed hammer guards would be viable, while you put your adamantine and burning steel into the guys who need to be faster, and one more metal, not sure what it'll be, just I know it'll involve iron. I'm in!

Chevaleresse:
I was thinking more along the lines of real metals, but I'll add a poll.

cyberTripping:
Hwoops, clicked wrong option. Meant to put only a few, clicked lots. Is there any way to retract votes? (This is why you don't vote while low on sleep, kids)

Chevaleresse:
No, but I'm sure we can remember this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version