Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GMod TTT server going to waste, throw your bodies at it  (Read 1012 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
GMod TTT server going to waste, throw your bodies at it
« on: September 13, 2014, 11:04:25 pm »

Hello folks,

I set up a dedicated server for Trouble in Terrorist Town. It runs all day Thursday through Sunday, as well as when I decide to host it on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Trouble is that it's only ever active when I can get people on my friends list to populate it enough to attract random newcomers to fill up the slots. It supports up to 12 players with a maximum of 4 traitors and 2 detectives (in my experience 6-12 is the ideal amount of players for TTT), it has ULX and Fretta-like map voting, no extraneous add-ons like point shops, and I do my best to keep the RDM down. They say that if you build it, they will come, but in my experience they only come when you invite them in. So do me a solid and check it out.

Name: Terble in Terrerist Tern | FastDL
IP: 71.116.235.10

The FastDL part is a lie, I don't have a FastDL server, but I don't pack it with random bullshit so you'll probably download faster anyway.

e: Whoops, this isn't Other Games. Oh well.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: GMod TTT server going to waste, throw your bodies at it
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 12:25:16 am »

Been into TTT a lot recently, I might stop by.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 06:35:28 am »

This should probably be in Play With Your Buddies.
You can actually move/lock threads yourself, look for the buttons.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 11:59:06 am »

Meh, I might be interested, but I actually prefer for TTT to be a 24-32 player clusterfuck, and it makes me leery to play on a server that doesn't have multiple admins I know and trust online at pretty much all hours, because of how easily the game is ruined. :/

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable