Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Factorio Succession: Djohardz Industries  (Read 3865 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Factorio Succession: Djohardz Industries
« on: September 07, 2014, 09:44:33 pm »

Hi everyone, Djohaal and I are doing a sort of round-robin succession game in vanilla experimental Factorio. Right now it's just going to be between us, but we felt it might be fun to occasionally post updates wherein we describe what's going on.

The rules of the thing are that we trade off playing in 30 minute chunks, as often as possible, and see how far we can get before multiplayer drops or we die.

I'll let Djohaal post the first progress update when he feels like it.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Factorio Succession: Djohardz Industries
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 10:15:36 pm »

Me and dragon are exploring a "blinded" gameplay. We don't communicate with each other what we have planned in the future, so I can't really describe a lot of what is going on here. Consider this multiple-personality factorio dude.

Big images alert.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 11:14:16 pm »

Context of the above post: I set up some very super basic smelting (the weird coal line squiggle was part of that), and Djohaal expanded that to make Labjuice v1.

E: Though we are exploring "blinded" gameplay, we do keep each other up to date on what's been done. So for example, I took his Labjuice v1 setup and expanded MOAR to make Labjuice v2.

E2: Album because lazy.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 11:32:00 pm by dragonshardz »

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 05:11:58 pm »

I read your post and though multiplayer had come out for factorio and got excited for a second. Then my dreams were crushed. Cool anyways.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 08:17:56 pm »

mmm. Crushed dreams. Well, factorio MP is ought to be ready "Soon™". devs say they can join a MP game for 15 seconds before it desyncs, so it is a step. Plus the team had one or two more guys hired to work on code, so it might progress faster. I really like how they have a solid roadmap and development updates. Very uncommon for small pre-release projects.

http://imgur.com/a/ofVSv

Album because I lazy too. We are at the 3 hour mark now.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 10:08:43 pm »

So after a few turns, we're about six hours in and well into the midgame. I don't have photos at the moment, but we've decided to extend our turns to 1 hour because of the sheer length of time things take in mid-game.

I'll post up some screenshots soon(tm).

Images!

We're now at just over seven hours in. Djohaal started on automation for T3 Science Packs, and I got about halfway done. When I passed the save back over, I'd set up some non-automatic production of electric engines for drones. Our steel production is far enough away to make conveyors inefficient, and right now Batteries are in a similar situation, being tucked into our clusterfuck of a refinery.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 01:09:21 am by dragonshardz »

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 10:00:21 pm »

http://imgur.com/a/AX9vg

My latest acheivement was reorganzing our refinery into something... a bit more sane. not totally sane but a little.

Also, tadpoles.