Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: meskion's magic mode  (Read 3001 times)

meskion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
meskion's magic mode
« on: September 08, 2014, 02:19:42 pm »

A little magic mod i do while learning to mess with the raws, expect it to have tons of bugs and problems i havent find out yet, and it is incomplete, i am currently working on making it less buggy and more balanced.

Download:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9642

Features:

Mages with several castes:

-Agiomancer: a holy magic user, it can heal anyone twice a day (flesh ball instant transformation); resurrect anyone once a day; a zombie bane interaction which makes zombies actually feel their wounds and take damage from them and a transformation into a marble angel. these mage type is also naturally a good doctor and armor users.

-Alchemist: right now it can transmute anything into useful things, you can make a elf muscle shirt, or a leaf cloak, or an ice dagger... but i have extensive plans for him.

-Stormancer: electric mage, its spells revolve around paralysys inducing attacks, normally partial paralysis. It can also increase its speed temporarily and transform into a lightning dragon.

-Shadowmancer:A trickster, great liar and persuasive, natural ambusher, mischievous, good climber and odorless, drinks blood for fun, doesnt really need it(so it tries to blend with townsfolk and murder them silently); has spells to make people sleep, go blind and to drive them mad; and these work even in creatures with NO_SLEEP or EXTRAVISION

-Gaiamancer: Nature mage, benign and at peace with wildlife and naturally good grower and animal caretaker/trainer; spells for throwing vines and leaves. can turn into a bear avatar which is honestly very weak compared with the other mage's transformations. elfy mage.

-Pyromancer: Fire mage! uses the three fire spells already in game, and is super fireimmune, also turns into a dragon. this is obviously the first one i did.

-Aeromancer: Wind mage who can summon the wind creating dust clouds(cave in effect) can fly and move faster temporarily. also has a transformation into a windy elemental kind of flimsy because it is made of air, but dangerous.

-Psychromancer: cold mage, summons ice spikes and snow clouds, also it is naturally EXTREMELY COLD so clothes wear off near them and eventually freezes people to death, they cant swim because they encase themselves in ice. also turns into a megabeast level ice creature very hard to kill, ice is tougher than i thought.

-Hydromancer: Water mage, this one is kind of useless compared to most others, but doesnt need to drink and can extinguish fires before he burns down, he also swims as fast as a sea serpent. and can become a waterish creature, who is veeeery easy to kill, but it is so lethal you will have a hard time hitting it.

-Geomancer: Earth mage, his spells consist on throwing stones like obsidian, and even liquid !!fun!! obsidian. also can turn into an adamant colossus very overpower but that secretes magma that usually gets you killed upon de-transform.

this mages have a little entity to make them start in caves and wander off as mercenaries or beast hunters so you usually find them on towns and hamlets   

Three new megabeasts(that can appear at worlgen):

-Hydrake: the water hydra, easy to kill, difficult to hit, extremely lethal, impossible to find. (unless you find a hydromancer and decides to transform...)

-Nifl: An gigantic quadruped with horn and tusks made entirely of ice. yeah, cold mages transform in it.

-Zefirus: air-composed creature with an earth armor, not that tough compared with the other two. aeromancer transforms into it.

A collection of new secrets so gods teach mortals magic spells and they can teach them to others. Its not that rare to find an human fire mage with a legendary slab in his backpack ready to be stealed.

there are more magic creatures in development and as i decided to make this little thing public i am open to suggestions, comments and contructive critics.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: meskion's magic mode
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 02:41:16 pm »

This sounds cool, please go on and amaze us more! :)

The only issue I can see with alchemist is that items from weird materials wouldn't be stored in appropriate stockpiles.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

meskion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 03:06:27 pm »

Thanks for the support ://D
 I know about the alchemy thing! The current interactions are just a placeholder. That is why (among other things) fortress mode isnt enabled yet, it is faaar too buggy, but the adventure mode works pretty well ^o^.

bluescreen1988

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 11:32:53 am »

I'll try this out as soon as I get home

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 03:13:39 pm »

Cool stuff. If you have no objections, I would like to include some of your magic mods in Dark Ages.

meskion

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 03:45:36 am »

I dont mind at all, use whatever you want!

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 03:05:33 pm »

I dont mind at all, use whatever you want!

Great. There are about 24-types of magic users and nercos in Dark Ages currently. A few on your list are similar, but most of your stuff is quite unique.

marijuana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 03:20:26 am »

I like it. Glad to hear some of it will be added to dark ages, thats the mod i've been using lately.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 01:07:04 pm »

I like it. Glad to hear some of it will be added to dark ages, thats the mod i've been using lately.

Some are going in for release later tonight (along with Deon's wanderer alchemy).

I reworked one into a new class that I'm pretty excited about. It needs a bit more polish or I would have posted last night.