Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447935 times)

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.12][Ironhand Dark]
« Reply #1035 on: October 04, 2018, 04:23:32 am »

Mischievous doesn't make a creature knock down buildings, and syndromes (including curses) can't grant BUILDINGDESTROYER, so I doubt a curse is doing it.

You know, I notice that your entities include things like paladins and legendary dwarves as possible entity creatures, and those have BUILDINGDESTROYER:1.  Non-fort creatures with BUILDINGDESTROYER (even visitors) sometimes decide to go and destroy buildings.  That is probably what is causing NTJedi's issues.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1036 on: October 05, 2018, 05:14:55 am »

Hello,  I'm having an issue where half the friendly visitors which arrive whether dwarf or humans begin destroying buildings.  It happens as soon as they arrive into my fort.  They are not having a tantrum since even after a year they only target random archery targets, memorial slabs or statues and not having an emotional breakdown since they always keep their clothes on.  How can this be fixed?

Since humans are also affected, it probably means that the trouble makers are "mischievous" due to some type of curse. You might try to track a few down in Legends Viewer for clues as to what happened to them. Any bio/historic info about the trouble makers might be helpful.

I'm not finding any signs of a curse... would be very rare for a destroy building curse to have cursed several people from two different legendary dwarven civilizations and a human civilization.

Mischievous doesn't make a creature knock down buildings, and syndromes (including curses) can't grant BUILDINGDESTROYER, so I doubt a curse is doing it.

You know, I notice that your entities include things like paladins and legendary dwarves as possible entity creatures, and those have BUILDINGDESTROYER:1.  Non-fort creatures with BUILDINGDESTROYER (even visitors) sometimes decide to go and destroy buildings.  That is probably what is causing NTJedi's issues.

Hi thefriendlyhacker. Yeah, mischievous doesn't cause building destruction but I'm not clear how it impacts the behavior of visitors who are building destroyers. Vanilla human citizens do not have that ability, so something emergent may be happening there.

The way to avoid this for save raws: is to remove the building destroyer tags from Legendary Dwarves.

As for the humans NTJedi, were they Paladins by chance? - I'd like to understand the behavior. Maybe they act out like this after getting drunk for example? (Assuming it isn't a vanilla DF bug with visitors with the building destroyer tag.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 05:14:14 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

SyrusRayne

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 20, 2018, 05:14:26 pm »

I'm having some difficulty with world-gen using DA3. It crashes pretty consistently when generating history for anything other than "Pocket War & Myth" and "Smaller Region 9999". No consistency with years - I've had crashes as early as 22 and as late as 230 on "War & Myth", and "Fire & Ice" hasn't progressed beyond 77. I'm not running any mods beyond DA3.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1038 on: October 22, 2018, 02:03:36 am »

I'm having some difficulty with world-gen using DA3. It crashes pretty consistently when generating history for anything other than "Pocket War & Myth" and "Smaller Region 9999". No consistency with years - I've had crashes as early as 22 and as late as 230 on "War & Myth", and "Fire & Ice" hasn't progressed beyond 77. I'm not running any mods beyond DA3.

Hi SyrusRayne, thank you for reporting this. I've noticed since updating to [44.12] DA:III advanced world parameters have had trouble generating old worlds consistently. I'm sorry for this, as these parameters were at one time [44.x] working the best to date. I need to invest more time into fine tuning them again, but Toady One had made it sound like he was going to update DF soon, so I held off. Each new update, the dice is rolled on world gen stability.

I've been running tests this week so hopefully I can offer more dependable idealized parameters soon. Until then, you can use vanilla advanced world parameters instead. They are very slightly modded but stable.

Any world gen of 135-175 years is about ideal content wise.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:12:58 am by GM-X »

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: October 22, 2018, 04:09:14 pm »

As per your suggestion, I'll give your mod a spin.
I really like your concept so I promise to give you my thoughts tomorrow.

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So far, so good.

No actual strife just yet but I have a few questions regarding weapons; is there anywhere I can get a quick description for each and their associated skills? I don't know if I can give me swordorfs Scythes and are they 2-handed? What's the benefit of forgoing my short swords for say a Katana or Executioner's Sword? Are they just different flavors?

It's still too early, I think, to get to the other aspects of the mod but I'm sure I'll come back to ask.

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does it work with DFhack ?
How can i use it with starter pack ?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Dark Ages III: War & Mythos Vanilla + Horror [44.12] [v37g]
« Reply #1042 on: October 24, 2018, 03:13:45 pm »

As per your suggestion, I'll give your mod a spin.
I really like your concept so I promise to give you my thoughts tomorrow.
So far, so good.

No actual strife just yet but I have a few questions regarding weapons; is there anywhere I can get a quick description for each and their associated skills? I don't know if I can give me swordorfs Scythes and are they 2-handed? What's the benefit of forgoing my short swords for say a Katana or Executioner's Sword? Are they just different flavors?

It's still too early, I think, to get to the other aspects of the mod but I'm sure I'll come back to ask.

Hi Demonbutter, glad you are jumping in. Good timing to have your suggestions included in [v38].

Any reports you have will be helpful. FD:II reports are especially welcome. As far as weapon descriptions go, I will add some of that to the Wiki sooner than later. The weapons should each handle uniquely and similar to RPG standards - but none have been extensively tested.

Does it work with DFhack ?
How can i use it with starter pack ?

Most features of DFHack should work, but possibly not world gen. I will upload the long overdue [44.12] Start Pack this week.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 03:19:19 pm by GM-X »

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not sure what the invasion triggers are for the extra nasties but you've set pop cap to 80 by default gonna change that and see if anything decides to come have a ball.

I don't think my input will be useful at all, my experience so far has been really vanilla. I can't seem to open the mod's wiki so I'm not sure what most things do. In regards to what I have experienced, I don't like the heal spam since it keeps the Combat Log symbol up and I have no way of knowing what is actual combat and what isn't aside from sifting through it. Also, ancestral spirits, anyway to make them disappear?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I'm not sure what the invasion triggers are for the extra nasties but you've set pop cap to 80 by default gonna change that and see if anything decides to come have a ball.

I don't think my input will be useful at all, my experience so far has been really vanilla. I can't seem to open the mod's wiki so I'm not sure what most things do. In regards to what I have experienced, I don't like the heal spam since it keeps the Combat Log symbol up and I have no way of knowing what is actual combat and what isn't aside from sifting through it. Also, ancestral spirits, anyway to make them disappear?

Yes, lets make mods to your save prior to v38:

(1) Overwrite your saved game raws with the contents zip to remove ancestral spirits. May fix the healing spam too:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/do4wsdext1rtt97/an_spirit_save_fix.zip?dl=0

As far as the wiki goes, thank you for reporting this. The database is down currently which is a first. I have no idea why but I'm looking into it. Having said that, it doesn't explain a ton of details about using the mod.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 01:26:13 pm by GM-X »

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for the attention.

I didn't mean I wanted to remove them completely but if that's the only feasible way to get it done, so be it.

And about the Specters that come ever so often. Did I notice correctly? They bring the dead back to life? I'm not sure if it was the Ancestral Spirits dealing with the Specters themselves but they didn't seem to hang around too long which I'm thankful for because dealing with flying enemies is obnoxious.

Edit: the above raws replacement broke the save
Edit 2:
I didn't take good enough care of my Dwarves. Tantrums and Depression everywhere. The fortress is imploding so I'm just gonna call that one here.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 03:55:24 pm by Demonbutter »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Thanks for the attention.

I didn't mean I wanted to remove them completely but if that's the only feasible way to get it done, so be it.

And about the Specters that come ever so often. Did I notice correctly? They bring the dead back to life? I'm not sure if it was the Ancestral Spirits dealing with the Specters themselves but they didn't seem to hang around too long which I'm thankful for because dealing with flying enemies is obnoxious.

Edit: the above raws replacement broke the save

Sorry about that, replacing the raws with originals should restore it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4q8gmzzne6y24u8/aspirit_restore_fix.zip?dl=0

If you have Ancestral Spirits on the map when you remove them, it probably breaks things. It may still work if they clear off the map.. Thank you for trying. I have been meaning to address them for a while now, I'd rather remove them completely until they are smoothed out.

Specters can indeed raise zombies. I nerfed many fliers in the latest update, but I have removed the flier tag from them as well in v37h.

Edit 2:
I didn't take good enough care of my Dwarves. Tantrums and Depression everywhere. The fortress is imploding so I'm just gonna call that one here.

I just updated to v37h which only features changes we discussed. No version info. changed only the posting date. Thanks for the screenshots, you made a pretty epic fort already..
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 04:23:41 pm by GM-X »

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about that, replacing the raws with originals should restore it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4q8gmzzne6y24u8/aspirit_restore_fix.zip?dl=0

I backed up the save before replacing them.

I just updated to v37h which only features changes we discussed. No version info. changed only the posting date. Thanks for the screenshots, you made a pretty epic fort already..

I'll update files and try to make an even better fort by trying to take into account how sensitive dwarfs are now. Did you by chance also adjust the custom world gen options?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

I backed up the save before replacing them.

I'll update files and try to make an even better fort by trying to take into account how sensitive dwarfs are now. Did you by chance also adjust the custom world gen options?

I did not update advanced world parameters yet, when I do I will call that v38. You would get more FUN! using them, if you can manage to gen a world 130-150 years or so. If you want to hold off for the update, that's fine. I will try to make it asap.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 07:29:02 pm by GM-X »

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Ages III: War & Mythos Vanilla + Horror [44.12] [v37g]
« Reply #1049 on: October 26, 2018, 02:35:42 am »

Most features of DFHack should work, but possibly not world gen. I will upload the long overdue [44.12] Start Pack this week.
[/spoiler]

Thanks. Waiting for starter pack :)
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 91