Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70]

Author Topic: [⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.12][Ironhand Dark]  (Read 183827 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: [⊕ Dark Ages III: War & Mythos ⊕] Vanilla + Horror [44.12][Ironhand Dark]
« Reply #1035 on: October 03, 2018, 04:16:26 pm »

Hello,  I'm having an issue where half the friendly visitors which arrive whether dwarf or humans begin destroying buildings.  It happens as soon as they arrive into my fort.  They are not having a tantrum since even after a year they only target random archery targets, memorial slabs or statues and not having an emotional breakdown since they always keep their clothes on.  How can this be fixed?

Since humans are also affected, it probably means that the trouble makers are "mischievous" due to some type of curse. You might try to track a few down in Legends Viewer for clues as to what happened to them. Any bio/historic info about the trouble makers might be helpful.
Dark Ages III: War & Mythos: Dark Age has fallen upon the world of Dwarf Fortress.
http://AdventRPG.com/warandmyth.html
Moonbase Down: Enter a fearful Sci-Fi jaunt into a procedurally generated Moonbase.
http://MoonbaseDown.com/

NTJedi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: October 04, 2018, 03:20:49 am »

Hello,  I'm having an issue where half the friendly visitors which arrive whether dwarf or humans begin destroying buildings.  It happens as soon as they arrive into my fort.  They are not having a tantrum since even after a year they only target random archery targets, memorial slabs or statues and not having an emotional breakdown since they always keep their clothes on.  How can this be fixed?

Since humans are also affected, it probably means that the trouble makers are "mischievous" due to some type of curse. You might try to track a few down in Legends Viewer for clues as to what happened to them. Any bio/historic info about the trouble makers might be helpful.

I'm not finding any signs of a curse... would be very rare for a destroy building curse to have cursed several people from two different legendary dwarven civilizations and a human civilization. 

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 04, 2018, 04:23:32 am »

Mischievous doesn't make a creature knock down buildings, and syndromes (including curses) can't grant BUILDINGDESTROYER, so I doubt a curse is doing it.

You know, I notice that your entities include things like paladins and legendary dwarves as possible entity creatures, and those have BUILDINGDESTROYER:1.  Non-fort creatures with BUILDINGDESTROYER (even visitors) sometimes decide to go and destroy buildings.  That is probably what is causing NTJedi's issues.
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1038 on: October 05, 2018, 05:14:55 am »

I'm not finding any signs of a curse... would be very rare for a destroy building curse to have cursed several people from two different legendary dwarven civilizations and a human civilization.

Mischievous doesn't make a creature knock down buildings, and syndromes (including curses) can't grant BUILDINGDESTROYER, so I doubt a curse is doing it.

You know, I notice that your entities include things like paladins and legendary dwarves as possible entity creatures, and those have BUILDINGDESTROYER:1.  Non-fort creatures with BUILDINGDESTROYER (even visitors) sometimes decide to go and destroy buildings.  That is probably what is causing NTJedi's issues.

Hi thefriendlyhacker. Yeah, mischievous doesn't cause building destruction but I'm not clear how it impacts the behavior of visitors who are building destroyers. Vanilla human citizens do not have that ability, so something emergent may be happening there.

The way to avoid this for save raws: is to remove the building destroyer tags from Legendary Dwarves.

As for the humans NTJedi, were they Paladins by chance? - I'd like to understand the behavior. Maybe they act out like this after getting drunk for example? (Assuming it isn't a vanilla DF bug with visitors with the building destroyer tag.)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 05:14:14 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages III: War & Mythos: Dark Age has fallen upon the world of Dwarf Fortress.
http://AdventRPG.com/warandmyth.html
Moonbase Down: Enter a fearful Sci-Fi jaunt into a procedurally generated Moonbase.
http://MoonbaseDown.com/
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70]