Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74]

Author Topic: Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [Dwarf Fortress Horror] [v38c] [44.12] [Newb Pack]  (Read 215261 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Just found the mod, gotta say its really cool. Playing as a red dragon, bit confused though. Probably a dumb question but do Red Dragons have natural weaponry (fangs, claws) in humanoid form? Also, are they supposed to have vampiric thirst, because when I go to my status screen it shows hungry and thirst but never increases over time, and the red thirst does show up and I can drink blood from people. Tested this with a freshly made red dragon too and they also thirst for blood. Just a bit worried that they count as vampires and I cant increase my strength, agility or toughness.

Also, dont know if its mentioned but whenever I try to make a helve from a branch, I instead keep making random objects. First it was scroll rollers, but now its a nesting box and a bookcase? Not sure if its a bug from the mod or if the game itself is glitching out. Its so I can make a stone axe to fell trees and try out the rest of the crafting, is there a way to make an axe another way?

Edit: Saw someone else mentioned the helve issue, tried the fix and remade world, worked. All good, my bad.

Hello Deebs, thank you for the report. I've just uploaded (yet another) fix to resolve the missing helve issue. Turns out, it was only fixed in the Wanderlust version. :-\ Anyone who downloads it now will get the fix in the Start Pack and Ironhand Dark.

As far as Red Dragon adventures go, yes it is considered a vampire-like curse due to the blood sucking tag. As I recall this is an extension of it being a were-curse in worldgen and fortress mode. May want to remove that tag before starting a new toon. I likely will in the next content update.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 05:49:42 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages III: DF & Skyrim mods + Fantasy Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

07/10/2019 Toady One I finished up the basic features with pets and mounts. You can set the mount speed (which lets you see their gaits, like gallop, canter, trot, etc.), and party members will speed up to try to catch up with you. Of course, that doesn't mean anything if they don't use their own mounts, so they do that now. They will move to mount their own mountable pets after you do, and they will dismount when you dismount, if there isn't an ongoing combat or something like that drawing their immediate attention.

I also made sure that necromancer adventurers can ride undead mounts that they raise. This was flumoxed at first since the undead creatures don't have souls and so weren't taking the commands properly, but that's fixed now, though the nature of undead animation magic is still not pinned down (and won't be until much later.)...

There are tons of large exotic pets in DA:III so the addition of mounts both living and undead is extremely exciting. Hopefully flying will get some love next.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 12:32:44 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages III: DF & Skyrim mods + Fantasy Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74]