Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75]

Author Topic: Dark Ages III: War & Mythos [Dwarf Fortress Horror] [v38d] [44.12] [Newb Pack]  (Read 218647 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Isn't that better if it's rare? it makes getting it a bigger deal rather than just being handed out at character creation. and even if you look at your population chart on the main page, should there really be more legendary dwarves than standard dwarves? seems kinda backwards.

If you remove those tags from humans, it basically addresses the entire issue you raised. Only adventurers will have those class powers and generic titles. 

As far as vanilla Dwarves populations go, that has been tweaked many times. They don't survive in world generation as well as Legendary Dwarves which live much longer. Same thing often happens in vanilla DF, which is why I made Legendary Dwarves. You will almost always have enough vanilla Dwarves to thrive in Fort mode so it doesn't impact gameplay in any meaningful way.
Dark Ages III: DF & Skyrim mods + Fantasy Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

i was using the Phoebus tileset and it does this with every race added by the mod. when playing one of the races in adventure mode it replaces the model with a human

I am testing this right now for you with the default Newb Pack tileset, which is Phoebus.

Each of the races/classes I've tested so far (with tiles) are displaying the correct tile in the test arena. Can you tell me one race for sure that displayed humans incorrectly?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 10:52:45 pm by GM-X »

Fireborn37

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

lizardmen but that was only when i was playing them in adventure mode otherwise it just shows a letter. I have tried re downloading and moving my saves but it doesn't seem to work

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

lizardmen but that was only when i was playing them in adventure mode otherwise it just shows a letter. I have tried re downloading and moving my saves but it doesn't seem to work

Thank you for reporting this. v38d is released:
  • Adds the intelligent tag to Greenmen
  • Fixes a tileset issue which prevented Lizard People, Hags, and many other creatures from correctly displaying tiles.

DOWNLOAD [PC]: Starter Pack [W&M]: Dark Ages III [44.12-r05] (124MB)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 02:12:17 am by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

07/25/2019 Toady One I began work on the in-play maps of new locations, the last major bit to do before all the villainy comes to play. The new evil regions were first, making sure the ones that spread out from necromantic activity properly killed plants and so forth. Working on this led to a number of changes. Evil that spread now fades away over many years if there's no new activity in the region. The primordial evil areas don't fade. Certain demons can now spread evil from their towers (or disaster forts), and the properties of the evil areas are related to the spheres of the demon. That is, a blight demon might kill vegetation, while a deformity demon can spread evil creature populations and wormy eyeball grass and so forth. This was a natural segue into restricting bogeymen to certain primordial evil regions and to nightmare demons, which puts an end to that little years-long experiment in annoying people. To compensate, bogeymen have been given some new powers, but they are way more rare overall.

Another massive leap forward to DA:III. Dark Ages will function in much more organic ways and players will be able to ebb the flow of evil in various lands. Very exciting developments for Dwarf Fortress.  :D
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75]