Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78]

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Survival+Horror] [v39e] [47.04] [Start Pack]  (Read 258900 times)

RoyalRoad

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I'm using the Ironhand Dark [47.04] version of this mod, and I'm experiencing the same text glitch problem. I find it annoying, but manageable because you can just zoom in/out and the problem will temporarily disappear. The problem seems to permanently disappear when I zoom out enough, but I hate doing that b/c I like to see a closeup of everything in adventure mode. It's probably a problem with tileset because the issue never showed up with any of the other tilesets I've tried so far.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 07:24:13 pm by RoyalRoad »

it_master

• Escaped Lunatic
  • I am nothing, but a shadow...
    • View Profile

Well, I'm using it in it's vanilla form, so there's no other mods or DFHack installed. And I ran it using the large version of the Dark Ages advanced world parameters. So I didn't bother to tinker anything due to the fact that I just wanna run and play.

Also, the glitch is not limited to the title screen. Sometimes it could happen while I was playing the game after 15-20 mins or longer, the results being that the text becomes like the title screen, with some of the text being blacked out to the point where I can't read them properly.

Oh no. I'm sorry, I'm not aware of anything I modded that could produce that effect. You may want to switch to uncompressed saved files, although that has never been a problem before. Toady One has recommended it "as needed" and 47.04 is a pretty raw build.

1) Do you have another PC/drive you can try again on with a fresh download?
2) Is this happening in the Wanderlust version?
3) Can anyone else confirm or deny this happening in DA or vanilla DF?

I took a look under the hood for you and found nothing to explain it. I will take a deeper dive shortly, meanwhile here is a large world I just generated:

Large Beasts DA:IV [Ironhand Dark] [v39d] [Year: 316] https://www.dropbox.com/s/fc89743ukj5zvgn/region_316.zip?dl=0

1. I have not tried it yet, I'll test that one out.
2.Yep, same thing happens. Game crashes after using the preset world generation. Though the font problem didn't appear. Must have appeared only in the Iron version.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [Survival+Horror] [v39d] [47.04] [Mummies]
« Reply #1157 on: June 26, 2020, 03:29:12 am »

I'm using the Ironhand Dark [47.04] version of this mod, and I'm experiencing the same text glitch problem. I find it annoying, but manageable because you can just zoom in/out and the problem will temporarily disappear. The problem seems to permanently disappear when I zoom out enough, but I hate doing that b/c I like to see a closeup of everything in adventure mode. It's probably a problem with tileset because the issue never showed up with any of the other tilesets I've tried so far.

Hi RoyalRoad, thank you. The fact that the glitch is intermittent is disturbing. Have you noticed it in Fort mode?

Well, I'm using it in it's vanilla form, so there's no other mods or DFHack installed. And I ran it using the large version of the Dark Ages advanced world parameters. So I didn't bother to tinker anything due to the fact that I just wanna run and play.

Also, the glitch is not limited to the title screen. Sometimes it could happen while I was playing the game after 15-20 mins or longer, the results being that the text becomes like the title screen, with some of the text being blacked out to the point where I can't read them properly.

Oh no. I'm sorry, I'm not aware of anything I modded that could produce that effect. You may want to switch to uncompressed saved files, although that has never been a problem before. Toady One has recommended it "as needed" and 47.04 is a pretty raw build.

1) Do you have another PC/drive you can try again on with a fresh download?
2) Is this happening in the Wanderlust version?
3) Can anyone else confirm or deny this happening in DA or vanilla DF?

I took a look under the hood for you and found nothing to explain it. I will take a deeper dive shortly, meanwhile here is a large world I just generated:

Large Beasts DA:IV [Ironhand Dark] [v39d] [Year: 316] https://www.dropbox.com/s/fc89743ukj5zvgn/region_316.zip?dl=0

1. I have not tried it yet, I'll test that one out.
2.Yep, same thing happens. Game crashes after using the preset world generation. Though the font problem didn't appear. Must have appeared only in the Iron version.

I'm having no problems generating 300+ year old worlds with [v39d] using the advanced world parameters. For some reason, certain PCs/builds of DF do not seem to generate advanced worlds consistently. It sounds hard to believe, and I'm hazy as to why, but it has come up over the years. One of the reasons I started generating worlds and including them for download. If you try generating a world on a different PC and it reaches default end year of 333 - it would be helpful to know about.

Other than fewer towers, worlds 133-175 years old are usually pretty good content wise.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 03:38:42 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Dark Ages IV: War & Mythos [47.04] [v39d] [64-bit] Starter Pack has been released!

[ϟ] DOWNLOAD DARK AGES: IV [PC]: Starter Pack [47.04] (212MB)

DOWNLOAD [PC]: Wanderlust ASCII [47.04] (14MB)

[v39] - Release Notes:
  • Dark Ages IV: Starter Pack with soundsense and most utilities
  • 333-Year old Medium Region Included
  • Mummy Curse added
  • Fixed: Toy Factory no longer produces massively
  • Should fix Dwarven Bows
  • Vampire Lords are now human size
  • Minor updates to curses
  • Iron Dwarves have arisen
  • Vampire Hydra have arisen
  • [3] New weapons added which can be crafted in Fort Mode: Thora Spear, Casula Mace, & Xhylon Crossbow
  • [2] New vampire strains have arisen: Dirt and Gloom
  • Dark Ages Dragons can now climb
  • Most Armor can now be refit in Adventure Mode
  • Vampire Bats are now extinct
  • Ancestral spirits no longer live underground
  • Great Bats are now extinct
  • Stable medium & large advanced worlds
  • Hyper-active History
  • Towers in mass
  • Paladins, Druid Dwarves, and Clerics have joined forces
  • Hags now reproduce
  • Hags joined forces with Gnolls