Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 453195 times)

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.0]
« Reply #1245 on: December 28, 2022, 09:01:09 am »

Is this compatible with Smelt Ore By Product mod?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.0]
« Reply #1246 on: December 28, 2022, 06:07:16 pm »

Just tried out the new release. Been having a very enjoyable experience so far. I especially love the "Great Animals" which makes the wildlife encounters a bit more diverse and interesting, rather than just seeing birds all the time.  Great mod!

Thank you. Let me know how your first fort goes!

Any DFFD link or alternative for Itch users?
This used to be my go-to mod in classic.

To help promote Steam sales of DF Premium, and due to frequent patching - I'm only authorizing its hosting on Steam until further notice. I'm sorry.

Is this compatible with Smelt Ore By Product mod?

Possibly, you can try and let me know? Save games can be broken by changes made by other authors. There maybe a way to roll back and fix saves, but it isn't much fun. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2907557244
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Rato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.0]
« Reply #1247 on: December 28, 2022, 07:14:46 pm »

Any DFFD link or alternative for Itch users?
This used to be my go-to mod in classic.

To help promote Steam sales of DF Premium, and due to frequent patching - I'm only authorizing its hosting on Steam until further notice. I'm sorry.

Sadness.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.1]
« Reply #1248 on: December 29, 2022, 03:30:07 pm »

(50.04) Vanilla DF Bug Warning: An intermittent bug has been identified that is causing saved games to not load. It seems serious and strikes at random times, but not uncommon in new version releases. This will likely be more dramatic playing DA:5. Until addressed by Toady One, updates are on hold while we all wait for a stable release. It does throw out some documented errors that seem possibly related, although I have not seen these errors in my logs:

-Anyone have a clue what might be happening with large numbers of unit errors?  ::)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 03:54:14 pm by GM-X »

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: December 29, 2022, 09:19:00 pm »

Its possible to create Iron Dwarves and Living Statues? Or I can only get them from caravans?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1250 on: December 29, 2022, 10:43:54 pm »

Its possible to create Iron Dwarves and Living Statues? Or I can only get them from caravans?

Hi Cesarjunior, you are correct, currently they can only be obtained at embark or caravans.

Smoking

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: December 30, 2022, 01:44:29 pm »

Hello, I am reporting that I am having a frozen screen when loading vanilla music, when using the Dark Ages V and ONN/OFF burrows activations mod. It is reproducible.

Gerdes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: December 30, 2022, 07:53:47 pm »

Are iron dwarves and living statues supposed to be blind? they all have the "vision lost" status under health.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Steam Release [5.0.1]
« Reply #1253 on: December 30, 2022, 08:24:42 pm »

Hello, I am reporting that I am having a frozen screen when loading vanilla music, when using the Dark Ages V and ONN/OFF burrows activation mod. It is reproducible.

Hi Smoking, generally I cannot trouble-shoot other mods but I looked into this for you. DA:5 does not mod vanilla music. (Although, I have considered adding a Dark Ages soundtrack eventually.)

-I don't see anything about the burrows mod that would conflict with Vanilla Music. I was able to generate a world using both mods without issues. You may want to uninstall and reinstall DF, but this could not be caused by DA:5 modifications.

Are iron dwarves and living statues supposed to be blind? they all have the "vision lost" status under health.

Hi Gerdes, I double checked for you and they should not be blind by default. They do not require eyes to see. Were yours recently fighting anything? Did you trade for the blind ones or embark with them? Also, Living Statues can sense red blooded creatures.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 08:37:03 pm by GM-X »

jolibee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: December 31, 2022, 12:54:19 am »

« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 10:05:00 pm by jolibee »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1255 on: December 31, 2022, 01:50:37 am »

Apparently there's a reproducible crash.  Steps: start a new fortress and build a stoneworker's Workshop. Save the game. Then load that save and it will crash during load. Only using Dark Ages mod. (no errorlog.txt output either)

Hi Jolibee, that would be freaky since I have not modded any reactions for Stoneworkers shop whatsoever in version [5]. There are zero interactions with that building currently. I double checked this for you, and I'm able to make a Stoneworker shop, save it, and load without issues. Try deleting [5.0.1], downloading it again, restarting your PC, and generating a (young) new world using only DA:5. (Or even re-installing DF as a last resort.)

As mentioned above, there are documented vanilla bugs breaking save games. Young forts and old forts - with no clear reason why. Hopefully in a few patches, it will be resolved.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 06:16:10 am by GM-X »

Gerdes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: December 31, 2022, 03:25:56 am »

no, it was a fresh start, i embarked with 2 iron dwarves and 2 living statues, both the iron dwarves and living statues had the vision lost, no combat.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1257 on: December 31, 2022, 06:05:55 am »

no, it was a fresh start, i embarked with 2 iron dwarves and 2 living statues, both the iron dwarves and living statues had the vision lost, no combat.

Ok I think I figured out what is going on. They went blind due to old age... This should be fixed in [5.0.2].
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 06:11:41 am by GM-X »

cesarjunior233

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: December 31, 2022, 01:36:13 pm »

It is planned to have playable civilizations in the future?

Legendsmith

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: January 02, 2023, 05:58:30 am »

Are previous versions still available? I wanted to go back to 0.47 for adventure mode.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 92