Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 453691 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Dwarven Mages [5.0.5]
« Reply #1290 on: January 15, 2023, 04:15:37 pm »

Hey just a heads up that I'm still getting failed saves with the latest update.  Don't know if it's an issue with vanilla or with the mod.  But much the same as Bavarian Kid, I played about 2 years in-game before suffering a game crash.  The auto-save before the 2nd migrant wave can load.  Every save past that point won't load.  I downloaded the mod from the workshop two days ago, and was also using Real Time Combat Log, Interface Tweaks, and Black Shadows and ZFog.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Dwarven Mages [5.0.5]
« Reply #1291 on: January 15, 2023, 07:47:25 pm »

is there a way to remove the web spell from the wizards? I just got hit with a siege with 60 wizards and all of them spammed the web spell. Kinda impossible to beat so I blocked all entrances in my fortress and waited for them to leave.

Hi noPickNoLife, I looked into this for you. -I will increase the cool down of Wizard spells in [5.0.6]. (Currently web can be cast 4x per day, per wizard - which is a lot when 60 are attacking a Fortress.)

Hey just a heads up that I'm still getting failed saves with the latest update.  Don't know if it's an issue with vanilla or with the mod.  But much the same as Bavarian Kid, I played about 2 years in-game before suffering a game crash.  The auto-save before the 2nd migrant wave can load.  Every save past that point won't load.  I downloaded the mod from the workshop two days ago, and was also using Real Time Combat Log, Interface Tweaks, and Black Shadows and ZFog.

Hello again SalmonGod, thank you for reporting this. One question, were you using No Giant Birds or not?

Here is my current assessment of what is going on:

1) There has never been a report of crashing on loading using Dark Ages until DF version 50.x
2) It does not crash while playing the game.
3) DA:5 has more mega beasts, entities, fb, and units. Meaning that any unit problems with vanilla DF will be exaggerated.
4) There still appears to be bugs with Forgotten Beasts. They may be a main culprit or an additional cause of save corruption.

Until the following vanilla game crashing bug is fixed, never quitting is the only workaround:

0012018: Crash to Desktop on loading game during Loading Units phase (50.05):
https://dwarffortress.mantishub.io/view.php?id=12018

Possibly related:

0012145: 0012145: Game crashes on save after caravan leaves map:
https://dwarffortress.mantishub.io/view.php?id=12145
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 12:59:59 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 16, 2023, 03:53:31 pm »

Hello again SalmonGod, thank you for reporting this. One question, were you using No Giant Birds or not?

I was not.

Thanks for your reply.  I assumed it was a vanilla issue.  But it looked like you might have considered these crashes addressed with your last update, so I thought I'd let you know.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Silver Dragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 16, 2023, 05:50:42 pm »

Same thing here as SalmonGod, with what i assume is the most recent update any saves that are not a autosave crash on load. On one save i had the pack, Deons plant graphic replacement, dry mines, audible alerts and see-through smoothing designations, after a series of crashes i started a new fort with just the main mod and dry mines and still suffered crashes with any non-autosave on load.
I do have video if ya want and can post a few timestamps.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Dwarven Mages [5.0.5]
« Reply #1294 on: January 16, 2023, 09:58:28 pm »

Same thing here as SalmonGod, with what i assume is the most recent update any saves that are not a autosave crash on load. On one save i had the pack, Deons plant graphic replacement, dry mines, audible alerts and see-through smoothing designations, after a series of crashes i started a new fort with just the main mod and dry mines and still suffered crashes with any non-autosave on load.
I do have video if ya want and can post a few timestamps.

Hello Silver Dragon, sorry for the frustration. I have word from Bay 12 Games this should be resolved soon possibly in version 50.6. Hopefully you read my previous post about at least (2) vanilla bugs stopping the show. Until then, the workaround is not quitting. Enjoy the electric bills.

Silver Dragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 16, 2023, 10:00:15 pm »

Lol ah yes, dwarf fortress has finally reached the terra invicta demo level. XD

Ryukenwulf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 19, 2023, 03:48:38 pm »

Been testing and its definitely this mod that has contributed to save crashing, I tested across 10 different worlds with and without the mod, saving manual and auto saves and everytime I have removed this mod, the saves have never crashed

One thing I did notice in the errorlog.txt file was below, not sure if it will help:

Duplicate Object: interaction SHADOW_EMBRACE
Duplicate Object: interaction WINDRUN
Duplicate Object: interaction VANISH
Duplicate Object: interaction BANSHEE_SCREAM
Duplicate Object: interaction LICH_ZOMBIE
Duplicate Object: interaction DEMON_DOG_CURSE
Duplicate Object: interaction LICH_TRICKERY
Duplicate Object: interaction LICH_TWILIGHT
Duplicate Object: interaction LICH
Duplicate Object: interaction NECRO_CRAZY
Duplicate Object: interaction NECRO_WEAK
Duplicate Object: interaction NECRO_SLOW
Duplicate Object: interaction NECRO_RAISE
Duplicate Object: interaction SHADOW_EMBRACE
Duplicate Object: interaction WINDRUN
Duplicate Object: interaction VANISH
Duplicate Object: interaction BANSHEE_SCREAM
Duplicate Object: interaction LICH_ZOMBIE
Duplicate Object: interaction DEMON_DOG_CURSE
Duplicate Object: interaction LICH_TRICKERY
Duplicate Object: interaction LICH_TWILIGHT
Duplicate Object: interaction LICH
Duplicate Object: interaction NECRO_CRAZY
Duplicate Object: interaction NECRO_WEAK
Duplicate Object: interaction NECRO_SLOW
Duplicate Object: interaction NECRO_RAISE

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Dwarven Mages [5.0.6]
« Reply #1297 on: January 19, 2023, 06:46:54 pm »

Hello Ryukenwulf , thank you so much for this! I do not have these errors in my logs. It appears an old version of a raw made it into version 5.0.5. I've fixed it and I'm am uploading 5.0.6 in a few minutes. If you would be willing to retest, it would be wonderful.

Hot fixes in (5.0.6):
  • Removed duplicate reactions that slipped into last release, thank you Ryukenwulf!
  • Added new pixel art for Batsquach, thank you Anathema for reminding me!
  • Added new pixel art for Hags
  • Removed wild Druid Dwarf populations
  • Increased the cool down time for Wizards Web Spell

I can confirm this update has increased save game stability. Please let me know if you have any trouble or receive any error messages!

Remakes good biomes into more savage and unpredictable places. Use No Giant Birds mod, set world savagery to very high, enemies to hard, and embark in Joyous Wilds for best results. Currently does not require Dark Ages V but is compatible and likely will in future updates. World gen stable, save/load tested, may be less stable when combined with other mods including Dark Ages V.
  • Pixies No Longer Vermin
  • Fairy populations increased
  • Unicorn more powerful, and populations increased
  • Giants are more powerful and more common in good Biomes
  • Makes other Good populations more invasive

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2920699602
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 01:57:00 am by GM-X »

Ryukenwulf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Dwarven Mages [5.0.6]
« Reply #1298 on: January 20, 2023, 04:11:04 am »

Happy to help, love the mod!

I will do some more testing with the newer version and let you know here if I encounter any problems

Thanks for making amazing content for this wonderful game

Sarge

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 20, 2023, 04:46:02 am »

Do I need to create a new world for the changes to take effect? I ask because my current world has been simulating for ~16 hours and is almost complete. It would really suck to have to start again.

Edit: Not to worry, it CTD on completion.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 05:46:39 am by Sarge »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1300 on: January 20, 2023, 06:18:37 am »

Do I need to create a new world for the changes to take effect? I ask because my current world has been simulating for ~16 hours and is almost complete. It would really suck to have to start again.

Edit: Not to worry, it CTD on completion.

Hello Sarge, 16-hours world generation!? How old a world and what is your CPU and RAM? I have not had a single crash in world generation in version [5] using only mods in the Dark Ages collection, but let me know if you have any trouble with [5.0.6].

Sarge

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 20, 2023, 06:34:19 am »

Hello Sarge, 16-hours world generation!? How old a world and what is your CPU and RAM? I have not had a single crash in world generation in version [5] using only mods in the Dark Ages collection, but let me know if you have any trouble with [5.0.6].

I've been learning about custom world generation, in large part by trial and error. With the amount of permutations I'm not convinced there's another way to do it, really :P (beyond getting a basic grasp from the wiki ofc)

It's the first time I've had it take anywhere near this long. I suspect it's as a result of me dialing up pop cap and site cap (way) too much. (75k & 10k respectively). The map was a thing of beauty before it died, I'll have you know. So many towers, so many sites.

I ran a 1000 year map
AMD Ryzen 5 3500X 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
16GB RAM

I've dialed it down to 500 years, 50k and 5k for the next go, after force dl'ing an update of your mod (btw, the version number doesn't seem to update in the DF mod list ingame like other mods.)

Thanks kindly for your response.

Edit: Great success, world created :)

Edit: And my save CTD's :'(
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 05:40:53 pm by Sarge »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Savage Good Biomes [5.0.7]
« Reply #1302 on: January 22, 2023, 01:12:27 am »

Sarge, advanced world generation is wrought with world crashes which is one reason this is the first release of Dark Ages that does not use them. There is no way to upload them to Steam presently either. Strongly recommend only using basic settings until further notice. But if you dare to custom build your world - take screenshots before it goes down.

Hot fixes in (5.0.7):
  • Cave Fish Men have been removed from Dark Ages for overpopulating, should increase cavern diversity
  • Tested for World Generation and Embark Save/Load with [ Savage Good Biomes ] plug-in
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 06:10:19 am by GM-X »

Ujitsu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Savage Good Biomes [5.0.7]
« Reply #1303 on: January 29, 2023, 04:04:49 pm »

Hello !

Thank you for the mod, it's absolutely fantastic !

However, I have a hard time finding any documentation about it online. Do you need/want help to write some ? I approximately know how to read raws and have a lot of time. :)

Thanks again !

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Guidebook Premium Tileset [5.0.7]
« Reply #1304 on: January 30, 2023, 05:51:40 am »

Hello !

Thank you for the mod, it's absolutely fantastic !

However, I have a hard time finding any documentation about it online. Do you need/want help to write some ? I approximately know how to read raws and have a lot of time. :)

Thanks again !

Hi Ujitsu, thank you. There is good progress on the Dark Ages V Guidebook and Premium War & Mythos Tileset. Some of the artwork is already featured. It is not my desire or intent to document everything included in dark ages yet. One reason is the constantly changing features of the mod which received 42 content updates and four major revisions. The format will allow me to revise the book an unlimited number of times and maintain the atmosphere of a tabletop RPG product:

The best way to help make better documentation is great fortress logs. Detailed reports with screenshots or video of key events. Once adventure mode releases on Steam it will be much easier to dive in, but here is a good example of a textual report format:

(Read Me) Dark Ages Fortress Report: Rise & Fall of Fortress Avuzritan Minebegins [PDF]
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 06:01:37 am by GM-X »
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 92