Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 452736 times)

Ujitsu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Savage Good Biomes [5.0.7]
« Reply #1305 on: January 30, 2023, 10:17:34 am »

Ok ! I will not spoil others then and keep the things I read to myself. ^^

Good luck with the dev. I'll try to do some fortress report, even if it probably won't be as cool as the one you shared. :D

Thank again

th3heavy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: January 30, 2023, 01:52:00 pm »

Hello, I've installed this mod "dark ages V: war & mythos savage good biomes" (and other mods).
And I get this sprint for animals 
https://ibb.co/SPb9DWS

list of other mods:
https://ibb.co/hfhKxTc

The mode cute creatures are in conflict with vanilla_creature_graphic, so it's disable

Do you have an idea of what if have these blue monster?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 01:57:06 pm by th3heavy »

Quizmar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: February 05, 2023, 02:12:37 am »

Hello, there is a bug ive been trying to figure out. Military dwarves immediately being an activity "individual combat drill/resting" they become tired, do not ever become untired, and as far as im able to tell do not gain skills. I'm fairly confident that this is an issue with dark ages V, please let me know once you read this. Thank you. Here's a screenshot of an afflicted dwarf. https://i.imgur.com/4zEEpCg.png

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Savage Good Biomes [5.0.7]
« Reply #1308 on: February 06, 2023, 02:16:52 pm »

Hello, I've installed this mod "dark ages V: war & mythos savage good biomes" (and other mods).

list of other mods:

The mode cute creatures are in conflict with vanilla_creature_graphic, so it's disable

Hi th3heavy, the blue creature is the default place holder graphic in vanilla. One of the mods you are using (not Dark Ages V) is breaking some graphic link somewhere.

Hello, there is a bug ive been trying to figure out. Military dwarves immediately being an activity "individual combat drill/resting" they become tired, do not ever become untired, and as far as im able to tell do not gain skills. I'm fairly confident that this is an issue with dark ages V, please let me know once you read this. Thank you. Here's a screenshot of an afflicted dwarf. https://i.imgur.com/4zEEpCg.png

Hi Quizmar, Dark Ages V does not make any modifications to vanilla Dwarves, or anything that affects stamina or skill gains. The only exception is the Dwarven Mages plug-in, which actually makes Dwarves not exert. Meaning they do not get tired while working, opposite of the issue/bug you reported.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 02:18:53 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Quizmar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: February 06, 2023, 05:28:34 pm »

list of other mods:

Hi th3heavy, the blue creature is the default place holder graphic in vanilla. One of the mods you are using (not Dark Ages V) is breaking some graphic link somewhere.

Hi Quizmar, Dark Ages V does not make any modifications to vanilla Dwarves, or anything that affects stamina or skill gains. The only exception is the Dwarven Mages plug-in, which actually makes Dwarves not exert. Meaning they do not get tired while working, opposite of the issue/bug you reported.
Thanks for the reply.
Huh that's odd, something must be broken, because I generated 2 different worlds running the Dark Ages V pack, and in both gens the military dwarves became permanently tired. It could be some funkiness with that non-exertion change, maybe it imposes a negative value instead or something. Based on that it would seem likely that any activity which caused exertion would immediately tire a dwarf, and the military is just the most likely place for that to occur. Maybe i'll try generating a world without Dwarven Mages and see if that changes anything.
I'm confident this is a mod issue because when I made a world without the mod pack this wasn't an issue, and dwarves would become tired, and rest as normal.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1310 on: February 06, 2023, 07:31:28 pm »

Huh that's odd, something must be broken, because I generated 2 different worlds running the Dark Ages V pack, and in both gens the military dwarves became permanently tired. It could be some funkiness with that non-exertion change, maybe it imposes a negative value instead or something. Based on that it would seem likely that any activity which caused exertion would immediately tire a dwarf, and the military is just the most likely place for that to occur. Maybe i'll try generating a world without Dwarven Mages and see if that changes anything.
I'm confident this is a mod issue because when I made a world without the mod pack this wasn't an issue, and dwarves would become tired, and rest as normal

Thank you for the details. If it doesn't happen with Dwarven Mages un-installed, I could hot fix it. It would still be a vanilla bug though, since other creatures use this tag in game. Maybe no exertion is buggy with military squad training in some way.

It may also be that Dwarven Mages are casting Sleep Spells on each other while training...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 01:03:24 pm by GM-X »

Olek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: February 07, 2023, 09:57:32 am »

Sarge, advanced world generation is wrought with world crashes which is one reason this is the first release of Dark Ages that does not use them. There is no way to upload them to Steam presently either. Strongly recommend only using basic settings until further notice. But if you dare to custom build your world - take screenshots before it goes down.

Hot fixes in (5.0.7):
  • Cave Fish Men have been removed from Dark Ages for overpopulating, should increase cavern diversity
  • Tested for World Generation and Embark Save/Load with [ Savage Good Biomes ] plug-in
Cave Fish men and women are still in the mod.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Savage Good Biomes [5.0.7]
« Reply #1312 on: February 07, 2023, 12:45:10 pm »

Sarge, advanced world generation is wrought with world crashes which is one reason this is the first release of Dark Ages that does not use them. There is no way to upload them to Steam presently either. Strongly recommend only using basic settings until further notice. But if you dare to custom build your world - take screenshots before it goes down.

Hot fixes in (5.0.7):
  • Cave Fish Men have been removed from Dark Ages for overpopulating, should increase cavern diversity
  • Tested for World Generation and Embark Save/Load with [ Savage Good Biomes ] plug-in

Hello again Olek, I double checked the [5.0.7] raws and they do include this cut. Steam doesn't always download new updates - unless you delete the old files in Dwarf Fortress\data\installed_mods. Please confirm you are running DA:5 [5.0.7].

They still appear in the object testing arena but not during world generation.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2023, 02:47:49 pm by GM-X »

Olek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: February 08, 2023, 12:52:07 am »

Hot fixes in (5.0.7):

Hello again Olek, I double checked the [5.0.7] raws and they do include this cut. Steam doesn't always download new updates - unless you delete the old files in Dwarf Fortress\data\installed_mods. Please confirm you are running DA:5 [5.0.7].

They still appear in the object testing arena but not during world generation.

I must have an issue, as I definitely have 5.0.7, I also have Cave Fish men & Women, and I just discovered during a migrant influx that I also have a blind Iron Dwarf, these are things that have been resolved to my knowledge, yet when I check the info.txt, it states it is

[ID:Dark Ages V - War & Mythos]
[NUMERIC_VERSION:5.0.7]
[DISPLAYED_VERSION:5.0.7]

Fish Man
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blind Iron Dwarf

Version number

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Savage Good Biomes [5.0.8]
« Reply #1314 on: February 08, 2023, 01:57:53 pm »

Olek: I must have an issue, as I definitely have 5.0.7, I also have Cave Fish men & Women, and I just discovered during a migrant influx that I also have a blind Iron Dwarf, these are things that have been resolved to my knowledge, yet when I check the info.txt, it states it is

Thank you for the confirmation and persistence. One question: Are you seeing many Cave Fish people?

Not sure what happened with Cave Fish people but I've updated Dark Ages V to version [5.0.8] which attempts to remove them again. If they still persist, I suspect a vanilla unit glitch. I've seen reports of animal people "switching" to different races after loading/saving.

I've attempted to fix Living Statues and Iron Dwavers and suspect they are somewhat fixed. These races both sense creatures through walls. Even if flagging as blind they should be able to see as well or better than Dwarves. Why they are listed as blind and frail is a mystery. They don't even require eyes to see. Although I have yet to see Iron Dwarves cast Lightening spells in combat they are great guardians - especially when supported by other war units.

Hot fixes in ( 5.0.8 ):
  • World generation tested to 500-years with Dwarf Fortress release [50.06]
  • Attempts to remove Cave Fish Men from Dark Ages again
  • Fixes (2) incorrect tiles
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 02:57:02 pm by GM-X »

Olek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Savage Good Biomes [5.0.8]
« Reply #1315 on: February 08, 2023, 08:17:46 pm »

Olek: I must have an issue, as I definitely have 5.0.7, I also have Cave Fish men & Women, and I just discovered during a migrant influx that I also have a blind Iron Dwarf, these are things that have been resolved to my knowledge, yet when I check the info.txt, it states it is

Thank you for the confirmation and persistence. One question: Are you seeing many Cave Fish people?

Not sure what happened with Cave Fish people but I've updated Dark Ages V to version [5.0.8] which attempts to remove them again. If they still persist, I suspect a vanilla unit glitch. I've seen reports of animal people "switching" to different races after loading/saving.

I've attempted to fix Living Statues and Iron Dwavers and suspect they are somewhat fixed. These races both sense creatures through walls. Even if flagging as blind they should be able to see as well or better than Dwarves. Why they are listed as blind and frail is a mystery. They don't even require eyes to see. Although I have yet to see Iron Dwarves cast Lightening spells in combat they are great guardians - especially when supported by other war units.

Hot fixes in ( 5.0.8 ):
  • World generation tested to 500-years with Dwarf Fortress release [50.06]
  • Attempts to remove Cave Fish Men from Dark Ages again
  • Fixes (2) incorrect tiles
No problem GM-X, the fishmen don't bother me, my system can run it fine either way, there was probably 6-8 of them.
One question though, when I load up my save when I get home from work, should I update? I am just concerned that with fishmen in my existing game, that the update may cause some issue if the game was to say they no longer exist.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1316 on: February 09, 2023, 04:15:29 pm »

Olek: No problem GM-X, the fishmen don't bother me, my system can run it fine either way, there was probably 6-8 of them.
One question though, when I load up my save when I get home from work, should I update? I am just concerned that with fishmen in my existing game, that the update may cause some issue if the game was to say they no longer exist.

If you are not seeing dozens or hundreds of Fishmen, I would not update my save if I were you. The main reason for culling animal people is to increase save game stability and slightly boost fps in late game. If you notice any other issues, let me know.

Olek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: February 10, 2023, 09:02:42 am »

It hasn't asked me to update the saved game in progress, I checked the files, and they were still 5.0.7, so I unsubscribed to the mod, then resubscribed, it downloaded the mod again, I went in an checked the files and it was still 5.0.7.
I then deleted the mod from the folder, unsubbed and then resubbed, checked the files and the mod is now 5.0.8, but after loading up the game 3 times today, it hasn't once asked me if I wanted to update the save.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Devlog #10 [5.0.8]
« Reply #1318 on: February 11, 2023, 03:57:50 pm »

It hasn't asked me to update the saved game in progress, I checked the files, and they were still 5.0.7, so I unsubscribed to the mod, then resubscribed, it downloaded the mod again, I went in an checked the files and it was still 5.0.7.
I then deleted the mod from the folder, unsubbed and then resubbed, checked the files and the mod is now 5.0.8, but after loading up the game 3 times today, it hasn't once asked me if I wanted to update the save.

Thank you for this. Updating mods on Steam is sketchy and it may be storing mods in temp files. On top of that, DF workshop handling is bare bones.

Once updated to version 5.1, you should get the option to update save games. I suspect this might be a decimal point issue, but, it works out anyway because updating saved games is not recommended (unless you have a backup).

Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [ DevLog ]
10: In 2023, DF 50.x will get a series big updates for months.

Hopefully by summer Adventure Mode re-releases for Premium. Major bug fixes and quality of life updates have not been performed in years. The team worked on the complex layered graphics and user interface - which was a massive task and critical for Steam sales. 

For Dark Ages V and other mods and utility apps to thrive again - DF needs a long term stable version. Most likely that will arrive after Adventure Mode is out, and received numerous patches. ETA? Unknown.

Thankfully, I can make plug-ins (like Savage Good Biomes) now to avoid updating the core mod while we wait. I'm continuing work on the guidebook and tileset which are looking great, but, likely won't be released until Adventure Mode when players can enjoy it most.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 04:09:14 pm by GM-X »

Olek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] Devlog #10 [5.0.8]
« Reply #1319 on: February 11, 2023, 10:26:23 pm »

It's not just Dark Ages V: War & Mythos that is not updating the saves, another mod that I use received an update yesterday, and that one isn't asking to update either, I suspect that it is Vanilla Dwarf Fortress having issues with the Steam Workshop.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 92