Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 453928 times)

MoOnKat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube
« Reply #1350 on: August 18, 2023, 04:22:37 am »

Really enjoying the mod so far but I have a few questions.

I can't seem to find some races on the world gen map like lizards, Kobolods or dark elf's (do they function like randomly appearing enemies?)

Lastly I can't seem to find Gnolls anywhere or even on the arena map with all units listed.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2023, 07:46:17 pm by MoOnKat »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1351 on: August 20, 2023, 01:59:09 pm »

I can't seem to find some races on the world gen map like lizards, Kobolods or dark elf's (do they function like randomly appearing enemies?)

Lastly I can't seem to find Gnolls anywhere or even on the arena map with all units listed.

Hi MoOnKat, currently, Kobolds have been replaced by Rakes, Dark Elves have no civs, and Gnolls have been removed. Typically, you would want to carefully study a large region map at about 130-years for the most interesting embark locations using Legend Viewer.

Once DF starts getting bug fixes (it has been 2-years) and Adventure mode is released, I will be in a good position to add more civs back into the mod.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

MoOnKat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 21, 2023, 01:03:23 pm »

Hi MoOnKat, currently, Kobolds have been replaced by Rakes, Dark Elves have no civs, and Gnolls have been removed. Typically, you would want to carefully study a large region map at about 130-years for the most interesting embark locations using Legend Viewer.

Once DF starts getting bug fixes (it has been 2-years) and Adventure mode is released, I will be in a good position to add more civs back into the mod.

Hi GM-X, thanks for the clarification. Do you mind me asking what the best settings would be on world gen to get the most out of this mod?

Lastly as I know modding compatability can be an issue, do mods like those https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2904134678&searchtext= that add additional races/items conflict with War & Mythos or are complicaitons probable?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1353 on: August 25, 2023, 03:42:22 pm »

Do you mind me asking what the best settings would be on world gen to get the most out of this mod?

Lastly as I know modding compatibility can be an issue, do mods like those that add additional races/items conflict with War & Mythos or are complications probable?

There are no firm answers to either question. A lot depends on world size, luck, and very much so on embark location. (I've seen embarks with 25 Great Elephants for example, but that is rare.) Typically 133-233 year old worlds are ideal, although may lack massive amounts of undead. Younger worlds tend to be more savage, and more stable, but may lack armies.

In my experience adding any new civilization to DF requires lots of play testing and running test fortresses each vanilla update. Any mod not on the DA:5 plug-in list, is unsupported. Many may run fine if they do not cause crashing in world gen by year 500, but I rely on player reports about this.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 07:00:32 pm by GM-X »

Shelingar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: September 11, 2023, 09:41:07 pm »

I've come across an issue with this mod and not sure what I should be doing differently.

I typically create a water reservoir that is linked to the river, with flood gates to control the flow and a carved arrow slot to allow water through.

I've noticed that Enchanters, Wizards and even Dwarf Druids tend to try and get into the fortress through this way rather than through the main gate.  Then they hit the arrow slot and just cluster around it or further up the aqueduct.  Even sitting in the river around the entrance.  I tried replacing the door to the reservoir with a wall to block any pathing ... it sort of helped, but I don't know if a siege also helped clear some of them out lol.  But there are still people clustered around the entrance in the river.

This has happened on my previous attempt at this too.

Can't add an image without uploading somewhere first.  So if you need an example let me know.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1355 on: September 21, 2023, 06:22:38 pm »

I've noticed that Enchanters, Wizards and even Dwarf Druids tend to try and get into the fortress through this way rather than through the main gate.  Then they hit the arrow slot and just cluster around it or further up the aqueduct.  Even sitting in the river around the entrance. I tried replacing the door to the reservoir with a wall to block any pathing ... it sort of helped, but I don't know if a siege also helped clear some of them out lol.  But there are still people clustered around the entrance in the river.

Hi Shelingar, thank you for reporting this. The only explanation I can think of for this: they are both amphibious/water breathing races so they seem to be okay with pathing through rivers. You would need to build a solution for this issue, specific to your fort.

Shelingar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: September 24, 2023, 04:53:08 am »

Thats what I mean by I don't know what I should be doing differently.  The carved arrow slit in the natural rock wall would normally block pathing in my mind.  Plus on top of that unless they can fly or climb up the well itself there is also no path from the internal cistern into the fortress.

So as much as anything else it seems to be a pathing bug, which might not be the fault of the mod, but is certainly visible due to it. 

How do other people add wells when using this mod and not have a similar issue?  I guess thats my question.  I'd be happy to explore some other way of doing this.

CyberianK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: October 02, 2023, 10:54:47 am »

Hey @GM-X the mod looks very awesome.
Last update is February but since you are still active here I guess you are still working on it?

Description says no entity mods but I guess Interface Tweaks mod is fine? Not sure though the interface tweaks mod works with 508 beta version since its already updated but I guess I'll just try it.

EDIT: started a game with the current UI mod on 508 and it seems to work fine no crashes so far
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 01:40:39 pm by CyberianK »

Shelingar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: October 11, 2023, 09:25:01 am »

Hmmm ... I guess I am removing this mod then as I don't have a solution for the issue and nothing has been suggested.

Thanks anyway.  Maybe I'll come back to it in a few years.

BeardedJQB

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: October 11, 2023, 04:04:01 pm »

How do I download the old version 47.05?

Viax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: October 17, 2023, 03:17:10 am »

GM, Any updates incoming? ;)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1361 on: October 22, 2023, 02:26:30 pm »

Thats what I mean by I don't know what I should be doing differently.  The carved arrow slit in the natural rock wall would normally block pathing in my mind.  Plus on top of that unless they can fly or climb up the well itself there is also no path from the internal cistern into the fortress.

So as much as anything else it seems to be a pathing bug, which might not be the fault of the mod, but is certainly visible due to it. 

How do other people add wells when using this mod and not have a similar issue?  I guess thats my question.  I'd be happy to explore some other way of doing this.

This issue has never been reported before - I'm sorry to be speculating and the frustration. I won't typically change the raws if I have not observed the problem myself. It sounds like there maybe a vanilla bug in the mix.

You could try to remove the amphibious and water breathing tags from the creature raws. Sometimes these powers are granted by spells and curses however.

How do I download the old version 47.05?

Currently, the old versions are no longer available. The full features of the mod will return with the release of Premium Adventure Mode.

GMX, Any updates incoming? ;)

Most of my energy is going into several RPGs I'm developing. But since there has been an initial round of bug fixes for vanilla DF - I plan to release a world-gen update by January 2024.

Toady One recently announced adventure mode is a long way off. I am very reluctant to add content until Adventure Mode is up and running.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 02:30:26 pm by GM-X »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1362 on: December 13, 2023, 10:09:25 pm »

11/30/2023 Toady One: The video I mentioned back in October was posted, an adventure mode trailer that was originally shown on PC Gamer alongside some anticipated unreleased games for next year. We're aiming to get the revamped Adventure Mode released by April!

Since the release of adventure mode has been pulled forward to April 2024, I can start warming up the next content update for DF version 5.11 or later! If you have any feature requests or bug reports, now is a good time to post.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023, 10:16:09 pm by GM-X »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: December 15, 2023, 06:12:36 am »

so kinda wonder if Dark ages V has a DF 50 classic build for the folks who pick up DF50 from bay12games?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Shelingar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: February 13, 2024, 07:56:59 am »

Further to the issue I reported above ... tried a different game and not using a well connected to the surface where wizards or druids can get confused. (has its own issues)

So ... after a crappy-ish start that took a while to recover (and learned some more things about how v50 differs) things started progressing.  After a couple of years visitors started to arrive.

However still got the same weirdness.  Some of them just sit in rivers or ponds.  They don't move.  They don't try to leave (said rivers have and ponds have slopes) and examining them says you can learn more when a local talks to them.  So there is no back door via the well and and arrow slit for them to be confused about with their water breathing.  But still seems to be a pathing issue.

Is there a way for me to disable water breathing on these races the next time they all die to the river freezing over.  Maybe I can see if its just an issue with water breathing pathing.

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92