Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 451752 times)

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R2_40_19] [LNPr1]
« Reply #180 on: December 17, 2014, 03:42:56 am »

i get crashes when saving new world maby thats the reason i cant load it later. Is it possible for someone to upload somewhere already created world? just save folder or maby whole game folder, dunno.

Using a script I attempted to generate 60 large worlds, and only 20 completed successfully, the rest crash during the save. I repeated the test with the medium setting and in that test I got 48 successfully saved worlds. Notably I haven't gotten any crashes with pocket worlds, obviously whatever bug in the mod is causing the world gen to crash is less likely to trigger on smaller world sizes.

If anyone wants one let me know, here's a dropbox album with the world maps.

Now to try out DA without DFHack and see I still get crashes during the game.

I've not experienced any crashes on the Windows version during world gen in a long time. Including with DFHack on.

How many years old are these test worlds? Old large worlds are more prone to crashing, probably due to memory/space constraints.

I recommend turning off DFHack during world gen if you experience crashing. However, this is not a bug with Dark Ages or something that I can correct. DA pushes DF to the limit of world gen and any complications can potentially destabilize it.

I ran your saved game with DFHack off for about 45-minutes with no crashing. So it may be possible to just turn it off-and-on as needed.

I was not using DFHack and the preset was the default medium-full-y175. Also the crashes don't happen during generation itself but during the offloading part after generation. The worldgen crashes aren't so annoying as it happens < 50% of the time.

Thanks for testing my save. I'm going to play a new world today with DFHack off and see if I have instability issues.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:09:16 am by rmblr »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: << Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok >> Vanilla + Horror [R2_40_19] [LNP_r2]
« Reply #181 on: December 17, 2014, 08:13:07 am »

Yeah, crashes during saving are the other crash I get. Lost a bit of time on a number of my LP's because of it. With me the problem is that I end my recording and then save the game. This understandably maxes the hell out of my computer as it is trying to save all the shenanigans in DF as well as generally over an hour of 720p shenanigans on my part. I would like to point out though that these are possibly because of the same reason as the world gen crashes. Because of how Toady changed it there is actually a bit of activity going on in the world while you play it sorta. You might notice the dwarven diplomat will sometimes bring news of stuff happening? Well the longer you go between saving the more events can build up and I have noticed the world seems to take our interference somewhat badly. I had one world where unconnected with me everyone else went to war during my two forts in it. My nations ended up not at war but wars went from no active ones at the start to over 3 times the most concurrent wars at any previous point.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 17, 2014, 09:10:46 am »

I've a fort going about 5 hours now without DFHack and I haven't had any crashes, except when I save, like Arkhier mentioned. Any time I go Esc -> Save Game it crashes before returning to the main menu.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 17, 2014, 11:52:39 am »

I've a fort going about 5 hours now without DFHack and I haven't had any crashes, except when I save, like Arkhier mentioned. Any time I go Esc -> Save Game it crashes before returning to the main menu.

Crashing on saving is alarming. I wonder if saving every hour or so will have any impact. I'll make a new set of leaner world gen parameters that may help.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2014, 01:37:40 pm »

I have quick save enabled on the season change, and this never crashes. It only crashes (100% of the time) when I Escape -> Save and Exit. The save seems to complete successfully (AFAICT) so its not that big of a deal.

Played quite some time today without any crashes, so DFHack was definitely the culprit in my earlier save. I'm going to try enabling DFHack, but without any scripts or plugins, then enable one by one until I get some crashes.

Edit: two gameplay questions

• Could you add a Magma Gunforge?
  • Could you explain a bit about how to use the Alchemy workshop?

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2014, 02:01:05 pm »

I have quick save enabled on the season change, and this never crashes. It only crashes (100% of the time) when I Escape -> Save and Exit. The save seems to complete successfully (AFAICT) so its not that big of a deal.

Played quite some time today without any crashes, so DFHack was definitely the culprit in my earlier save. I'm going to try enabling DFHack, but without any scripts or plugins, then enable one by one until I get some crashes.

Edit: two gameplay questions

• Could you add a Magma Gunforge?
  • Could you explain a bit about how to use the Alchemy workshop?

First I will say, these shops are not thoroughly tested. Virtually identical reactions all work fine in Adventure mode, but do let me know if something seems amiss.

1) The Gunshop in Dark Ages only requires an anvil. Is there a reason you want a magma forge?

2) The Alchemy shop allows you to produce gunpowder and essences. For gunpowder you will need brimstone. For essences you will need semi-mega beast, mega beast hearts, and monster hearts.

Essences can be cooked and eaten to gain temporary and (some) permanent buffs. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 04:30:40 pm by Rammok »

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 17, 2014, 04:37:24 pm »

Does a gunsmith forge not require fuel? I haven't built one yet as I was on an embark without wood and I assumed it required fuel, so I didn't build it because I couldn't build it over magma.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2014, 02:59:41 am »

bug report:

Blood helemet seeds (spawn?) don't have a name in the z -> Kitchen -> Seeds menu

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

edit:  also, making firelocks for Arquebuses is bugged in fort mode. The job can be queued up and the dwarf does it, but in the end a firelock item is never produced. Also.. there's no material options for firelocks just "Make firelock" shouldn't there be steel, iron, etc options?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 09:44:10 am by rmblr »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2014, 12:04:14 pm »

So I just had a Greater Banshee wander around for a bit then leave again. Admittedly I pulled everyone inside as soon as it showed up so it wasn't able to see anyone so there is that. I did think of something though it might be too cruel. If you make it show up hidden then a person would only know there was one around when it ambushed something and at that point it would have aggro already and might be less inclined to derp around at +25z while the player can see it.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2014, 12:28:03 pm »

bug report:

Blood helemet seeds (spawn?) don't have a name in the z -> Kitchen -> Seeds menu

Spoiler: Screenshot (click to show/hide)

edit:  also, making firelocks for Arquebuses is bugged in fort mode. The job can be queued up and the dwarf does it, but in the end a firelock item is never produced. Also.. there's no material options for firelocks just "Make firelock" shouldn't there be steel, iron, etc options?

1) Bloodhelmet spores are not edible. That is intentional.
2) I checked the Firelock reaction. It is broken.

The firelocks fix won't require a new world. Have you managed to produce gunpowder at the alchemy shop?

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2014, 02:37:30 pm »

So I just had a Greater Banshee wander around for a bit then leave again. Admittedly I pulled everyone inside as soon as it showed up so it wasn't able to see anyone so there is that. I did think of something though it might be too cruel. If you make it show up hidden then a person would only know there was one around when it ambushed something and at that point it would have aggro already and might be less inclined to derp around at +25z while the player can see it.

Actually. That is exactly how they should behave. Looking over the raws I'm not sure why they aren't. Unless flying somehow cancels sneaking.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #191 on: December 18, 2014, 02:52:59 pm »

Ah, that would have been a bit of a tough situation for my dwarves. Are they some sort of megabeast type thing because that could be the problem. After all they get announced when they enter the map.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 18, 2014, 03:08:43 pm »

I can produce gunpowder and (steel) bullets without a problem, just the firelock's are broken thus far.

The bloodhelmet spores not being edible is fine, but the fact they show up completely blank in the list through me for a loop.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 18, 2014, 08:14:09 pm »

Just a little request: if the mod does not require DFHack, is it possible for you to just bundle the ASCII raws? This will cut the size of the download considerably.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2014, 02:24:14 am »

Just a little request: if the mod does not require DFHack, is it possible for you to just bundle the ASCII raws? This will cut the size of the download considerably.

I'm maintaining a repo here just for that: https://github.com/Ramblurr/ASCII-DarkAges. Here's another repo with more graphics packs
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 92