Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 451226 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: <<ϟ Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok ϟ>> Vanilla + Horror [R5][40.24] <LNPr5>
« Reply #270 on: February 24, 2015, 11:48:24 pm »

I thought the main reason vampirism doesn't spread is that the victim is typically killed by blood drain. The megabeast vampires in Dark Ages specifically have bite interactions, as do all the animal forms.
I figured that might have been the case, though you can drink from someone in adventurer mode fooorrreeeevvvveeerrrrrr, which makes you wonder why fort mode vamps are so dumb and always leave drained corpses laying around... but I guess it's a sorta control method to alert you to the presence.

I've tried several times to do things like bite the hell out of someone, going so far as to have their guts hanging in my inventory by the time I leave (a kinda trophy habit I started because it amuses me that nobody mentions the length of intenstines hanging out of my mouth, like being on a date with brocolli in your teeth, except way more horrific) but deliberately leave and travel away before they die. I figure if anything would transfer it, being disemboweled by someone's teeth after having them gnawing away at various bits of unprotected skin would have... but it doesn't even show up in legends mode despite having seen a couple of times where someone was injured by a vamp but got away.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 25, 2015, 06:42:47 pm »

Oh okay. But how come they are not popping up in the civ tab?

If you don't see Dark Ages civs after world gen, I recommend that you unzip the LNP again to a new folder and try again. Let me know if it works.

I thought the main reason vampirism doesn't spread is that the victim is typically killed by blood drain. The megabeast vampires in Dark Ages specifically have bite interactions, as do all the animal forms.
I figured that might have been the case, though you can drink from someone in adventurer mode fooorrreeeevvvveeerrrrrr, which makes you wonder why fort mode vamps are so dumb and always leave drained corpses laying around... but I guess it's a sorta control method to alert you to the presence.

I've tried several times to do things like bite the hell out of someone, going so far as to have their guts hanging in my inventory by the time I leave (a kinda trophy habit I started because it amuses me that nobody mentions the length of intenstines hanging out of my mouth, like being on a date with brocolli in your teeth, except way more horrific) but deliberately leave and travel away before they die. I figure if anything would transfer it, being disemboweled by someone's teeth after having them gnawing away at various bits of unprotected skin would have... but it doesn't even show up in legends mode despite having seen a couple of times where someone was injured by a vamp but got away.

You raise a good point. Fort mode vampires seem to play by a special set of rules. Adding to that, most interactions are not used during world gen. So plagues don't spread, and dragons don't breathe fire.

Wondering if I add a specific power to creates vampire minions if you will be able to convert folks in adventure mode. Next release.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:00:24 pm by Rammok »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 26, 2015, 02:37:56 am »

Which is good I guess, because the npc AI has no idea what the appropriate time to use dragonfire is if you give it any sort of permissive usage hints, though it was endlessly hilarious when I added dragonfire to my modded steel angel race with a clean hint and found them LITERALLY bathing each other casually with dragonfire mid conversation since they were all fireimmune_super as well.

Oh bloodgod, now I wanna try adding a bite interaction with a clean hint and see if npcs start fanging each other randomly.

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 26, 2015, 09:06:59 am »

I've primarily just unzipped it to the desktop but, I will make a folder on the desktop of some sort and let you know the results.

Buel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: February 26, 2015, 09:34:16 am »

Okay, I made a folder on the desktop and now it somehow works!? Weeeird, but thanks dude for the help! I look forward to fighting aboleths!

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Which is good I guess, because the npc AI has no idea what the appropriate time to use dragonfire is if you give it any sort of permissive usage hints, though it was endlessly hilarious when I added dragonfire to my modded steel angel race with a clean hint and found them LITERALLY bathing each other casually with dragonfire mid conversation since they were all fireimmune_super as well.

Oh bloodgod, now I wanna try adding a bite interaction with a clean hint and see if npcs start fanging each other randomly.

Okay, I've managed to get vampires to spread their curse during world gen. Seldom and the new vampires are typically destroyed by their masters, but it can't happen in vanilla so this is something.

Also making big improvements to dragons, lich, and more. [R6] is incoming. Should be posted by late tonight. 

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How do I get dwarves icons back to the usual ascii smileys. It looks like this now http://i.imgur.com/wa27MUf.jpg

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

GRAPHICS:OFF in data/init.txt

Shellcore

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the new mod-infused game launcher, Mayday along with CLA, my personal favortie please add, seems to be broken with adventure mode not listing new civs or interactions. I have not tested each pack though.
From what I remember, falling damage is modelled by the floor hitting YOU.  It is possible that if this is also done for wall collisions, that a dog bumping into the wall is modelled as being smacked in the face by a giant boulder.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

On the new mod-infused game launcher, Mayday along with CLA, my personal favortie please add, seems to be broken with adventure mode not listing new civs or interactions. I have not tested each pack though.

Confirmed. Thank you. Only Ironhand & ASCII will actually include Dark Ages. :(

For now, copy the "objects" folder from LNP>Graphics>ASCII and paste it into the Dwarf Fortress 0.40.24>raw> folder.

This will be fixed in [R6]. I thought it would be released tonight, but sleep has just won. Zzz.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 08:43:32 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 05:57:00 pm by GM-X »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I didn't think of trying a direct "bites" vamp curse interaction, awesome.

wickys

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do I need to gen a new world for the update or can I transfer my saves

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Do I need to gen a new world for the update or can I transfer my saves
About Save Game Transfers
  • You can move over your [R5] save folder without issue, but no new content will be included.
  • You can copy and paste the new [R6] raws over your saved game raws, and some new content will be included. -You should be able to do this just by moving your saves, changing tilesets, and updating your saves.
  • To include all new content, you need to gen a new world.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:56:09 pm by GM-X »

tenach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Personal Blog

Here's another offer for helping with a Linux version!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 92