Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 452476 times)

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems to be something wrong with the latest version. There's no .exe files for the newbpack or the game itself included. Do I need to download the earlier version first? If so, where can I find it?

SOLVED: Downloaded it again and retrieved the .exe's. No idea why it was removed from within the packed zip folder in the first place.

Glad this was resolved, however for future reference: if you don't see a "starter pack launcher (pylnp).exe" file after you unzip the download, then check your antivirus quarantine. Good chance it was bounced there.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
Dark Ages [mod] and Dwarf Fortress 41.x
« Reply #301 on: March 21, 2015, 01:44:27 am »

03/20/2015 So you knew you were getting libraries, right? I mean, there are all these books being carried around by traveling artists with no easy way to read them, and we can't have that. Also, it was a little odd to imagine a library packed with art books and the occasional rambling necromantic tract -- we're in the process of solving that problem in the usual way: I just got through with engineering and chemistry, such as they are. The outlines are ready for mathematicians, philosophers, historians, geographers, doctors, naturalists, and astronomers. I'm using the same master-student framework for them as they work on research projects, and they'll also consult existing books at their home libraries, of course -- a good thing, since the early tests without books led to the expected and repeated tragic loss of knowledge and the constant rediscovery of previously known facts without much progress toward advanced techniques. It has been entertaining building up the different knowledge branches, interacting with our year 1400 cut-off, and no doubt screwing up various simple ideas and so forth.

As it stands, the state of your civilization's collected knowledge does not impact what buildings, jobs, etc. you can use in your fort -- that's a tricky issue I don't want to get sucked into at this point. Figuring that out for a later release is certainly on the table. It's an interesting problem -- smaller worlds with fewer scholars don't advance as fast, and the future myth generation stuff will doubtless shake up the progression. We're not worrying about any of that now! All we want are wholesome libraries.

Dwarves practice all forms of scholarship (while still preferring craftsdwarfship to books), elves do elfy stuff, and humans are variable (human values are randomized for each instance of civilization now, and there's a raw tag that sets scholar types based on the particular civ's values and jobs).

This shouldn't be too lengthy a side-track, given that we aren't tackling any of the difficult questions where game and knowledge intersect. Festivals soon! Then we can move to fortress mode. Though the focus with your dwarves this time is on taverns and leisure, there is a possibility of a fort library being a minor topic (as temples are currently). -Toady One

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Like DF 40.x in general, the latest devlog posted by Dr. Toady One is basically where Dark Ages wants to live. Libraries, taverns, temples, adventurers joining forts, randomized values, poetry - all potentially bring more world gen history to Fort mode.

It's an interesting problem -- smaller worlds with fewer scholars don't advance as fast, and the future myth generation stuff will doubtless shake up the progression

The size of worlds is already a significant factor in Dark Ages. History is paused in the Age of Myth intentionally. Mainly because this is when the most content is available and history has the most cards to play. It's also why large worlds are more stable.

So you knew you were getting libraries, right?

I have been adding spellbooks and libraries to Dark Ages as of 3/18 from Eric Blank's Spellcrafts Mod - Basic Magic in Dwarf Fortress mod for inclusion with [R7].

Needless to say, I'm very excited about the next release of Dwarf Fortress.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 10:26:00 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

CawawaC

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi Urists !

A graphics issue is driving me crazy, and I don't know what it is related to : some tiles are replaced by others (bauxite walls have become engraved floor tiles, conglomerate walls are boulders, etc.).
Doesn't seem to come from TWBT, and happens with any graphics set.

Does anyone know how to solve this ?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

It's a raw issue caused by installing and then improperly uninstalling a graphics set.

CawawaC

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

It's a raw issue caused by installing and then improperly uninstalling a graphics set.

Ok, thanks !
Tried to make a clean copy of a graphics pack, doesn't seem to change anything... How does one solve this raw issue ?
EDIT : in the savegame's raws, as well as the main folder raws.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 05:57:17 pm by CawawaC »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Ok, thanks !
Tried to make a clean copy of a graphics pack, doesn't seem to change anything... How does one solve this raw issue ?

Sorry, this is caused by me not fusing the graphic tiles for mineral raws. I can fix it. It's just going to take a bit more effort than I realized. Until then, all mineral graphics are broken except Ironhand-Dark-Ages. And ASCII, and CLA maybe? You could slap copy the raws from the vanilla LNP graphics folder. It shouldn't cause any issues as I think I half addressed this for [R6]. I will fully address it in [R7]. Hopefully!  ::)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 08:35:57 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

CawawaC

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Ok, thanks !

Sorry, this is caused by me not fusing the graphic tiles for mineral raws. I can fix it. It's just going to take a bit more effort than I realized. Until then, all mineral graphics are broken except Ironhand-Dark-Ages. And ASCII, and CLA maybe? You could slap copy the raws from the vanilla LNP graphics folder. It shouldn't cause any issues as I think I half addressed this for [R6]. I will fully address it in [R7]. Hopefully!  ::)

Thanks ! That worked !
Good luck fixing it :)

mcolombe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This mod looks very cool,indeed.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This mod looks very cool,indeed.

Thank you.  :)

Wanted to let everyone know [R7] is incoming! Should be released by midnight tonight. Mostly it contains bug fixes and an update to the latest Starter Pack.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 06:48:36 pm by Rammok »

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got into adventure mode recently (i player fortress mode for years) and i love it then i found your overhaul and it is really really interesting stuff and i plan to jump into it

So what is ETA on R7 ? Supposed to be yesterday....
Would love to start R7 as fresh new player to this overhaul.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Got into adventure mode recently (i player fortress mode for years) and i love it then i found your overhaul and it is really really interesting stuff and i plan to jump into it

Seems like every time I announce it will be released "tonight", that night goes crazy with other stuff. [R7] should be uploaded around 12am PT. 

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seems like every time I announce it will be released "tonight", that night goes crazy with other stuff. [R7] should be uploaded around 12am PT.

Thanks for info

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LIES. LIEESSSSSSS!!!

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In need my fix maaaan...

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

LIES. LIEESSSSSSS!!!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In need my fix maaaan...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Okay, I won't say it will be ready tonight. But it should be tonight (or tomorrow night) for sure!  ;)

Last night I found a number of additional things to fix and refine, so the delay should be worthwhile.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 11:48:55 am by Rammok »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 92