Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 453294 times)

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

[**OLD**]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 02:50:22 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yuuuusssss

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

AH! The manual input tag is what you needed for the adventurer curse transmission?

Awesome!

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AH! The manual input tag is what you needed for the adventurer curse transmission?

Awesome!

Yes. Knight Otu figured it out.  ;)

Kenshi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi guys and thx for great mod.But i wanted to ask a few things:1.Do hags always are so supernaturaly strong?(They usually scratch a hands/legs out from 1 st hit even through a good armor (my human used steel+chainmail leggins didnt saved his legs from tearing off with uberclaws:D))and yes i mean a usual hags not shamans.
2.A question about shadow hunters.As i undestand they should be like assasins that stalk their preys alone,but in my last run i encoutered a whole hamlet of them(i mean MANY at least 15+ and alongside with a shadow hunters they had shadow tanners etc.)Is it a bug or they can capture a settlements?cos this hamlet was nominaly under goblin control and there were some goblins on the map as well.There is a screenshot.And ye epic death from a sock:D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 03:00:22 pm by Kenshi »

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Hi guys and thx for great mod.But i wanted to ask a few things:1.Do hags always are so supernaturaly strong?(They usually scratch a hands/legs out from 1 st hit even through a good armor (my human used steel+chainmail leggins didnt saved his legs from tearing off with uberclaws:D))and yes i mean a usual hags not shamans.
2.A question about shadow hunters.As i undestand they should be like assasins that stalk their preys alone,but in my last run i encoutered a whole hamlet of them(i mean MANY at least 15+ and alongside with a shadow hunters they had shadow tanners etc.)Is it a bug or they can capture a settlements?cos this hamlet was nominaly under goblin control and there were some goblins on the map as well.There is a screenshot.And ye epic death from a sock:D

1) Humans are quite frail compared to hags. In old age, hags grow to be twice the size of a human. I recommend rolling a Paladin for a more sturdy human. I'll also add a human fighter adventurer class, because it makes sense.

2) This looks like a Shadow hamlet. Shadows do build cities and conduct affairs with other evil civilizations. These particular hunters appear to have a robust leather industry going... It's not a bug, but I would not go in there.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 02:16:43 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Kenshi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thx for your reply need to rethink my adrenturer build than.(Maybe roll into a lizardman or dwarf arquebusier).And considering shadows they are nice(in the combat strenght viev) in this revision,challenging but not op.Shadow embrace seems like having a quite random strenght though.

Forwe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For some reason, my Blood Helmet men stopped eating and drinking, even though i have a river with "Water source" zone on it, and many kinds of food in stockpiles. Any idea why?

Also, I don't think the Blood Helmet men rebellion works at all. I've bought over 200 of them on embark, waited two-three months,(only 7 dwarves) and no attacks, miasma or anything
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 09:06:10 am by Forwe »

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Weird issue with the Fates caravans... I think they came with ancestral spirits, which melted so they freaked out and left. My fort was struggling at the time, and when they ran away they dropped everything. Now I'm rich(ish)!

Kenshi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Have that problem with blood helmet people too.But only with babys they always dying from dehydration nomatter what(even if standing in tile with water).Old blood helmet people that i had from embark was okay.Btw is there any way to protect from a fireballs?They are basicaly instakill now coz they ignite a dwarf with it and gameover coz he is burning than and igniting everything around it too so if it happening in above ground z lvl the whole map turns in inferno cz all vegetation around became to burn too=)And they seems like having low cooldown(saw a 2 mages killed great androsphinx just by spammig fireballs almost every turn).At least they are peacefull=)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 09:55:17 am by Kenshi »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For some reason, my Blood Helmet men stopped eating and drinking, even though i have a river with "Water source" zone on it, and many kinds of food in stockpiles. Any idea why?

Also, I don't think the Blood Helmet men rebellion works at all. I've bought over 200 of them on embark, waited two-three months,(only 7 dwarves) and no attacks, miasma or anything

The rebellion is a fairly complex interaction, but I haven't made any changes to it. I thought I saw other people mention getting jumped by them, so I assumed it was working as intended. I will take a closer look.

I think I removed miasma from Blood Helmet men.

As far as them not drinking water, for now, please add the the tag [NO_DRINK] to your save game Blood Helmet raws as a quick fix.

Weird issue with the Fates caravans... I think they came with ancestral spirits, which melted so they freaked out and left. My fort was struggling at the time, and when they ran away they dropped everything. Now I'm rich(ish)!

Interesting... Do you know why they melted? I have not seen many ancestral spirits appear in game.

Have that problem with blood helmet people too.But only with babys they always dying from dehydration nomatter what(even if standing in tile with water).Old blood helmet people that i had from embark was okay.Btw is there any way to protect from a fireballs?They are basicaly instakill now coz they ignite a dwarf with it and gameover coz he is burning than and igniting everything around it too so if it happening in above ground z lvl the whole map turns in inferno cz all vegetation around became to burn too=)And they seems like having low cooldown(saw a 2 mages killed great androsphinx just by spammig fireballs almost every turn).At least they are peacefull=)

Fire is a mixed bag. I have tried to scale back the number of creatures that use it dramatically. I've made a good number of creatures fire immune. Still, preventing forest fires is almost impossible by modding. Firewalls might be the best bet.

Legendary Dwarf Mages can cast fireball about 3x per day. I will take a look at reducing that number again. 

Derth

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Grand Master Amateur
    • View Profile

Fairly minor issue: After being bitten by and subsequently decapitating a vampire lord, my adventurer was able to vampirize people, which is awesome. I then discovered that this could be done from several spaces away. It doesn't really detract from game-play, so it's probably not a priority.
Jack-of-Few-Trades

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just want to say: I love this Dark Ages + Starter Pack thing, I just recently started playing DF, and I am so addicted to my fort i have in Dark ages, constantly besieged by the three towers nearby, its glorious, even though its gonna die soon. I can feeeeel it. A black Dragon just showed up, and other than completely wrecking anything that approaches it, it doesn't move from the edge of the map where it showed up. Don't know if they're supposed to bum rush the fort like every other mega beast or not, but it was very helpful in wrecking the undead guys. The undead guys were these Byakhee monsters, and they also just hung out at the edge of the map. the black dragon decimated them, as well as some dwarves I keep trying to lure it into cage traps with...

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fairly minor issue: After being bitten by and subsequently decapitating a vampire lord, my adventurer was able to vampirize people, which is awesome. I then discovered that this could be done from several spaces away. It doesn't really detract from game-play, so it's probably not a priority.

In Dark Ages, converting people into vampires is performed through a short range gaze attack. Although I thought the range was 1. I will take a look later.

I just want to say: I love this Dark Ages + Starter Pack thing, I just recently started playing DF, and I am so addicted to my fort i have in Dark ages, constantly besieged by the three towers nearby, its glorious, even though its gonna die soon. I can feeeeel it. A black Dragon just showed up, and other than completely wrecking anything that approaches it, it doesn't move from the edge of the map where it showed up. Don't know if they're supposed to bum rush the fort like every other mega beast or not, but it was very helpful in wrecking the undead guys. The undead guys were these Byakhee monsters, and they also just hung out at the edge of the map. the black dragon decimated them, as well as some dwarves I keep trying to lure it into cage traps with...

Sounds fun. I have seen dragons lurk around the map. I have seen them path straight in. I have also seen them sit at the edge of the map seemingly stuck, but eventually move on. Has the black dragon never moved? Like for months?

I think this is a vanilla bug. I vaguely recall Toady mentioning that he had "fixed" the problem of creatures getting stuck at the edge of the map. I'm not sure what causes it. There was a similar vanilla problem of creatures being unable to leave the map. That was fixed.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 11:27:37 am by Rammok »

Muffinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Its not that theyre physically stuck, they go kill stuff, but they always return to about where they spawned. Ive seen the black one chase down my dwarves and other creatures all over the map, it just wont attack anything until it sees it, the same thing with this undead dragon that's now chilling on the other corner. Makes for a real good defense now.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 92