Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 453674 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

"As its own thing", mind.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I won't say when exactly but [R10] is incoming and should be ready later this week. -Assuming Toady doesn't release the new version of DF before then.

LtGreeneyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I may just have to give this one a go! I think I'll wait til the R10 release, though, just because. :D

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Could someone please explain to me how I can get my dwarves to stop casting fire spells? Twice now my current fort has had surface forest fires due to spooked dwarves, and once inside in a dirt level covered with moss and such... the first surface fire cost me 12 dwarves, and the underground fire cost me my 2 best soldiers who got cornered :'( also all my animals.. 60 odd turkeys, my dogs and goats :'(
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Could someone please explain to me how I can get my dwarves to stop casting fire spells? Twice now my current fort has had surface forest fires due to spooked dwarves, and once inside in a dirt level covered with moss and such... the first surface fire cost me 12 dwarves, and the underground fire cost me my 2 best soldiers who got cornered :'( also all my animals.. 60 odd turkeys, my dogs and goats :'(

You are playing Legendary Dwarves. The mages cast fireball and are immune to fire, non-mage legendary Dwarves are not (although this might make sense to change after recent updates). You could segregate the spell casters, build firewalls, or just stick with vanilla Dwarves.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 12:10:10 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You are playing Legendary Dwarves. The mages cast fireball and are immune to fire, non-mage legendary Dwarves are not (although this might make sense to change after recent updates). You could segregate the spell casters, build firewalls, or just stick with vanilla Dwarves.

Is there a way to stop mages from casting spells? A labor to click off? I prefer vanilla dwarves, but oddly the world I genned had only legendary ones. I find them hard to sort cause they all have mining, stonecrafting, armor and weapon smithing and such. Not to mention vastly better mental stats!

Edit: I should note, I quite like the modding overall. Even when I get a swarm of byakhee zombies!

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Is there a way to stop mages from casting spells? A labor to click off? I prefer vanilla dwarves, but oddly the world I genned had only legendary ones. I find them hard to sort cause they all have mining, stonecrafting, armor and weapon smithing and such. Not to mention vastly better mental stats!

Edit: I should note, I quite like the modding overall. Even when I get a swarm of byakhee zombies!

No way to turn off spell casting in game. They should only use fireball when fighting. Tell me something, was it the same Dwarf who caused both fires? And is he a migrant?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly don't remember in both cases; I'd say though that it was 90% likely that it was a migrant however. Is there an indicator somewhere which I can use to tell which dwarf will have the fireball spell?

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Honestly don't remember in both cases; I'd say though that it was 90% likely that it was a migrant however. Is there an indicator somewhere which I can use to tell which dwarf will have the fireball spell?

All "mage" and "enchantress" castes use spells. However, you can have other more mischievous magic users migrate to your fort.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com

Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok [R10][40.24]
"Dark Age has fallen upon the world of Dwarf Fortress."
Download: http://www.dfdarkage.com/download.html

July-17-15 "Clerics & Skeletons" Changelog:
Introduces adventure class civilizations. This release updates 23-raws and adds greater stability to world generation.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 02:37:05 am by GM-X »

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, why won't deanimating corpses work? Also, will we be able to animate single bodyparts and animals/lizardmen? The pool of corpses available to animate is really small. Thanks in advance for answers.

I forgot to add to the list, fixed deanimation. Should work on most zombies now, even with intact bodies.

Bozdogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: <<ϟ Dark Ages ϟ>> Vanilla + Horror [R10][40.24] <Clerics & Skeletons>
« Reply #386 on: July 21, 2015, 09:12:31 am »

How do i change my civ?Right now I can only play dwarves i want to play goblins

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 21, 2015, 11:01:50 am »

go into your games raw/objects folder and look for a .txt file called 'entity_default'. ctrl-f 'goblin', underneath [GOBLIN] write [CIV_PLAYABLE]

Take note that you may not have access to the buildings you need, can dig through rock or have fun as the goblins. It's not like the mod has been balanced of intended to be used like that in any way.

Also, if you want your civ to be at war and have more sieges, with hopes of getting sieged by dwarves or something? Remove

[LIKES_SITE:DARK_FORTRESS]

[TOLERATE_SITE:DARK_FORTRESS]

and add

[LIKES_SITE:(all other site  types, including player fortress)]

This'll send goblins on an exodus out of their homes days after being birthed from the mud in their dark fortress, and since they're not the best with social skills, they'll try to take other sites by force. 
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Bozdogan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 21, 2015, 02:11:40 pm »

go into your games raw/objects folder and look for a .txt file called 'entity_default'. ctrl-f 'goblin', underneath [GOBLIN] write [CIV_PLAYABLE]

Take note that you may not have access to the buildings you need, can dig through rock or have fun as the goblins. It's not like the mod has been balanced of intended to be used like that in any way.

Also, if you want your civ to be at war and have more sieges, with hopes of getting sieged by dwarves or something? Remove

and add

This'll send goblins on an exodus out of their homes days after being birthed from the mud in their dark fortress, and since they're not the best with social skills, they'll try to take other sites by force.
Thank you. But if goblins arent intented to be played its better if i dont play them probably...well is there any evil factions that are made for the mod or only dwarves were intented to be played?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #389 on: July 22, 2015, 01:55:23 am »

and add

Thank you. But if goblins arent intented to be played its better if i dont play them probably...well is there any evil factions that are made for the mod or only dwarves were intented to be played?

Currently, only Dwarves and Legendary Dwarves are playable in fortress mode. A few evil civilizations aren't far off from it though, namely Lizardmen and Hags.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:57:35 am by GM-X »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 92