Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 91

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 447958 times)

kenraijin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: <<ϟ Dark Ages ϟ>> Vanilla + Horror [R10][40.24] <Clerics & Skeletons>
« Reply #390 on: July 24, 2015, 12:52:28 pm »

Alright so I'm having some difficulties with Ancestral Spirits. I've been murdering caravan bought animals left and right and now I have 20-30 of these things flying around my craftsdwarfs workshop. Other then just outright killing them, which I'm not even sure would work in getting rid of them, what can I do to use them to my advantage? Or at least just get rid of the buggers.

I'm a legendary dwarf civ by the way.

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 27, 2015, 11:24:06 am »

Alright so I'm having some difficulties with Ancestral Spirits. I've been murdering caravan bought animals left and right and now I have 20-30 of these things flying around my craftsdwarfs workshop. Other then just outright killing them, which I'm not even sure would work in getting rid of them, what can I do to use them to my advantage? Or at least just get rid of the buggers.

They are good pets. They have decent fighting abilities and can be used for fishing. Most importantly, they have the power to heal and to raise more spirits from the dead.

kenraijin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 31, 2015, 09:11:42 am »

They are good pets. They have decent fighting abilities and can be used for fishing. Most importantly, they have the power to heal and to raise more spirits from the dead.

I was actually having a few issues with them though as the vast majority of them are considered wild animals that just sit around wasting space. I ended up just culling all the wild ones as they were just continuously spawning new ones, making the infestation worse. I still have a few tame spirits however.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #393 on: August 01, 2015, 02:37:53 pm »

I was actually having a few issues with them though as the vast majority of them are considered wild animals that just sit around wasting space. I ended up just culling all the wild ones as they were just continuously spawning new ones, making the infestation worse. I still have a few tame spirits however.

I'm glad it worked out. I suppose trained ancestral spirits always raise wild spirits. You are the expert now kenraijin.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 02:39:41 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 18, 2015, 10:10:02 am »

Been playing a lot lately.
One thing i miss from my vanilla modded game is Stalls armory pack...

any plans for future to mix things up for armor and weapons ?

Vanilla armor and weapons are imo bad in therms of stats and uses where Stalls Armory pack not only adds ton of fun interesting weapons but fixes things like wearing stacks of chainmail.

Stalls armory pack mod:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142993.0

also here is nice and fun and easy to implement mod More Leather (as per animal depending on size):

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122003.0

Also i found this when i tried to add humans as playable civ:

[ENTITY:PLAINS]
   [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]
   [CREATURE:HUMAN]
   [CREATURE:HUMAN_CLERIC   
   [CREATURE:HUMAN_ROGUE   
   [TRANSLATION:HUMAN]
   [DIGGER:ITEM_WEAPON_PICK]

is this:

is how it should be ? Shouldn't there be ] at the end ?

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 18, 2015, 10:49:19 am »

another question

Is there any way to slow down skill experience progress ?

I tried [SLOW_LEARNER] or something like that. It works but you are not able then to place people in noble positions as list of candidates will be empty...

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 20, 2015, 04:03:58 pm »

Vanilla armor and weapons are imo bad in therms of stats and uses where Stalls Armory pack not only adds ton of fun interesting weapons but fixes things like wearing stacks of chainmail.

Stalls armory pack mod:

also here is nice and fun and easy to implement mod More Leather (as per animal depending on size):

[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]

is this:

If Stall is agreeable, I will try to add Stalls Armory Pack for the next update. As far as the the missing brackets go, if I recall correctly, Rogues and Cleric civs still appear without them, but they should have been included.

As fair warning, the next update will be sometime after the next release of DF, unless some game breaking problem presents itself.

Not that I am aware of. What is the reason you would like to slow xp gains?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 04:10:45 pm by Rammok »

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 21, 2015, 06:47:24 am »

Stalls armory pack mod:

[INDIV_CONTROLLABLE]

is this:

If Stall is agreeable, I will try to add Stalls Armory Pack for the next update. As far as the the missing brackets go, if I recall correctly, Rogues and Cleric civs still appear without them, but they should have been included.

As fair warning, the next update will be sometime after the next release of DF, unless some game breaking problem presents itself.

Not that I am aware of. What is the reason you would like to slow xp gains?

1. Awesome. Stalls armory pack really handles well armors and weapons. Vanilla weapons are kind of good for non dwarf nations (like humans) but armors are poss in therm of stats and design.
I would add it personally but i fear some of other raws i would miss added by DA and there could be some hidden dependencies which would be hard to find for me (as i didn't make DA mod)
2. You can get legendary dwarf in less than 2 years. Same goes as well for military. 2 years of training and you have axelords without problems. IMO that cheapens whole aspect of learning in DF.

Especially since dwarfs can get strange mood which gives them huuuuge bonus to their skills. Getting 2-3 legendary dwarfes in 2-3 years means producing ton of masterwork wares which inflate instantly wealth which isn't good for people who like to create small villages

Generally i get that some people don't like to wait for best but imo from design standpoint it cheapens game a lot. What is point of veteran when you can get veteran just training in 1,5 year ?

It sounds kind of awesome when you have 3 axelords and each of them has 5-6 years of experience (and still things to improve).

I tried to fiddle with SLOW_LEARNER (-50% to exp) but if you make creature this way be it humans or any other playable race you can no longer choose any nobles in nobles screen.

----------
----------
----------

I think i found a bug.

I have Dire Wolves added by DA in cages but they won't show up on animals screen. I checked their raws and they have [trainable] so i think they should be tamable.

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 21, 2015, 02:53:41 pm »

If you do add Stals, can you add it in such a way that it is toggle-able on and off? I for one would prefer not to use it

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #399 on: August 22, 2015, 02:19:55 am »

If you do add Stals, can you add it in such a way that it is toggle-able on and off? I for one would prefer not to use it

Taking a another look at Stals mod, I considered adding it before. There are some cool elements I might selectively add, however, refitting and stabilizing Dark Ages for the next version of DF will be very time consuming by itself.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #400 on: August 22, 2015, 06:00:15 pm »

I think i found a bug.

I have Dire Wolves added by DA in cages but they won't show up on animals screen. I checked their raws and they have [trainable] so i think they should be tamable.

It appears that Dire Wolves are missing the [PET_EXOTIC] tag. If you add that to your save game raws, they should appear on the animals screen.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 22, 2015, 06:06:58 pm »

I used ideas from Stal for rebalancing and tweaking the weapons and such for Wanderlust. I love the fixes for armor layering in there, the more massive armors, and the variety with weapons from the prepare/recover hack to represent weapon length.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #402 on: August 22, 2015, 06:15:56 pm »

I used ideas from Stal for rebalancing and tweaking the weapons and such for Wanderlust. I love the fixes for armor layering in there, the more massive armors, and the variety with weapons from the prepare/recover hack to represent weapon length.

Layering and massive armors do sound appealing. I also like the looks of the adventure mode stuff. Wanderlust?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 22, 2015, 08:07:40 pm »

That's the one in my sig, I took a lot of the ideas from the Wanderer's friend mod, worked in an expanded balm system, buffed materials, etc.

perkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 23, 2015, 04:02:57 am »

Taking a another look at Stals mod, I considered adding it before. There are some cool elements I might selectively add, however, refitting and stabilizing Dark Ages for the next version of DF will be very time consuming by itself.

Yes i never said you should implement it in full. Imo some weapons are needless like "seax" line of weapons which are basically your swords. Sure there are some differences between seax style of sword and normal swords (in shape but mainly due to metal they were made of not style for combat).

IMO main reason why you should consider Stalls is his rework of mechanics and rebalance of weapons. Armors also are all awesome with many kinds from byrnie (aka longer chainmail) ro various other types of armor. His layering like other poster said also is interesting. So you could for example outfit byrnie and breastplate. But you wouldn't be able to do that with lamelarr armor.

His changes to weapons stats are awesome. Each weapon has its own thing now. So scimitar will be better cutting weapon than Long sword but long sword stabbing attack will be better against certain enemies etc.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 91