Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 92

Author Topic: [ϟ] Dark Ages V: War & Mythos [High Horror] [5.0.8] YouTube  (Read 452730 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: <<ϟ Dark Ages ϟ>> Vanilla + Horror [R10][40.24] <Clerics & Skeletons>
« Reply #405 on: August 23, 2015, 05:37:04 am »

The order of the armor layers too. You can put on certain things after others but not before, it's more sensible than vanilla with the "put on a third mail shirt with your breastplate, robe, dress, and ten cloaks?" setup now.

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 23, 2015, 06:25:32 am »

@GM-X

Yo

I thought about adding a new class called the black swordsman; the fireball spell could function as a "hand cannon", another spell could fire a bunch of crossbow bolts. You can transform into berserker form greatly enhancing speed and strength but causing continuous (slight) bleeding during the battle. It would be also cool to add the dragon slayer sword and the berserker armor, on bonus could you make the human one armed and one eyed (if possible with a prosthetic arm).

Your mod reminds me a lot of Berserk and it would be awesome to plays as Guts killing demons and other monsters.
Please make a nerds dream come true! 

Derth

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Grand Master Amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 23, 2015, 02:56:36 pm »

@GM-X

Yo

I thought about adding a new class called the black swordsman; the fireball spell could function as a "hand cannon", another spell could fire a bunch of crossbow bolts. You can transform into berserker form greatly enhancing speed and strength but causing continuous (slight) bleeding during the battle. It would be also cool to add the dragon slayer sword and the berserker armor, on bonus could you make the human one armed and one eyed (if possible with a prosthetic arm).

Your mod reminds me a lot of Berserk and it would be awesome to plays as Guts killing demons and other monsters.

Sounds like the sort of thing you could do yourself with a little research. Heck, I modded in a Blackguard counterpart for paladins. You can find most of the reactions you'll need in the mod already, including berserk rage and eye-bleeding.
Jack-of-Few-Trades

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #408 on: August 25, 2015, 02:03:34 am »

The order of the armor layers too. You can put on certain things after others but not before, it's more sensible than vanilla with the "put on a third mail shirt with your breastplate, robe, dress, and ten cloaks?" setup now.

Sounds like Wanderlust may already be well suited for merging with Dark Ages. ;D Have you tried it yet Perkel?

@GM-X

Yo

I welcome all adventure class suggestions. Lots of adventurers hanging out in Forts is the next stage of DF. Also, the direction Dark Ages has been heading for the past year. Someone else mentioned the likeness to Berserker, although I am not familiar with that lore.
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Isa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 25, 2015, 08:22:04 am »

Sounds like Wanderlust may already be well suited for merging with Dark Ages. ;D Have you tried it yet Perkel?

@GM-X

Yo

I welcome all adventure class suggestions. Lots of adventurers hanging out in Forts is the next stage of DF. Also, the direction Dark Ages has been heading for the past year. Someone else mentioned the likeness to Berserker, although I am not familiar with that lore.

Dude, in any case you should start reading Berserk, its just bloody awesome that's what it is!
If you don't check it out, then u aint mah brah, mang.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 08:24:26 am by Isa »

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 05, 2015, 10:47:04 am »

Anyone care to share some world gen saves and embark locations?

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 08, 2015, 05:31:24 am »

Hello I like the mod, been playing it for a few days now. I really like the variety of enemies and crazy monsters that show up.

I have a couple of, I hope constructive, criticisms though. The wizard and fate caravans come almost every season. Is there a particular reason for this? I started just killing them as they arrive because I was tired of trading with them and listening to their diplomat/liason. It is easy enough to mod this no doubt, but I was just wondering why? Are they meant to attack or something?

As well, while the first wild fire caused by my dwarves casting fireball was hilarious the next few dozen grew a bit old. After nearly all of my animals died and close to 50 dwarves I have basically given up on the surface and live entirely in the rock layer. The challenge was intrigueing at first but then I opened the caverns to check out what you have created there and well... moss catches on fire too. I realize that I can simply play normal dwarves but... those wizards that come year round? Ya they cast fireball too lol.

There is sure alot of !!FUN!! to be had in this mod but perhaps there is a way to tone down the fire flinging ever so slightly so that the horror awesomeness you have imbued into this mod can be enjoyed instead of the inferno apocalypse which currently prevails. I had, in my mind, a different picture of hell on dwarf fortress, perhaps a less literal version.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #412 on: September 13, 2015, 11:48:52 pm »

Anyone care to share some world gen saves and embark locations?

There is a link to a new world on the changelog. No embark locations on hand, but there should be many:     

Setheranenu Hyper-Historic 250-Year World: [65mb download]
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l31owqjplhsu4j3/region250SethIron.zip?dl=0

Hello I like the mod, been playing it for a few days now. I really like the variety of enemies and crazy monsters that show up.

I have a couple of, I hope constructive, criticisms though. The wizard and fate caravans come almost every season. Is there a particular reason for this? I started just killing them as they arrive because I was tired of trading with them and listening to their diplomat/liason. It is easy enough to mod this no doubt, but I was just wondering why? Are they meant to attack or something?

As well, while the first wild fire caused by my dwarves casting fireball was hilarious the next few dozen grew a bit old. After nearly all of my animals died and close to 50 dwarves I have basically given up on the surface and live entirely in the rock layer. The challenge was intrigueing at first but then I opened the caverns to check out what you have created there and well... moss catches on fire too. I realize that I can simply play normal dwarves but... those wizards that come year round? Ya they cast fireball too lol.

There is sure alot of !!FUN!! to be had in this mod but perhaps there is a way to tone down the fire flinging ever so slightly so that the horror awesomeness you have imbued into this mod can be enjoyed instead of the inferno apocalypse which currently prevails. I had, in my mind, a different picture of hell on dwarf fortress, perhaps a less literal version.

Thank you for mentioning the wizard & fate caravan spam. Should be able to address that next update.

Fires & Dark Ages:

Even though I have reduced the number of fire users and increased the number of fire immune creatures, fire is still problematic. Mainly, it's an unstoppable monster (in real life and) in the DF simulation. I don't even think normal (if any) rain puts out fires in DF.

I'm willing to reduce fire users to vanilla creatures plus a few monsters. I've also considered making livestock fire immune. Although even in vanilla, your fort should be built to operate (more or less) normally in the event of fire. A wall for example, will protect a pasture and livestock from forest fires. Moats should also work. I usually build an enclosed animal pasture immediately.

Still, inferno apocalypse is not the desired theme.

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
  • Champion of the unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 16, 2015, 10:47:59 am »

When there will be next update?
his title changed to "thruthful chills"
Also known as : "Believe me when I say this guy is a psychotic murderer".

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #414 on: September 17, 2015, 01:39:25 am »

Dark Ages has been under development for around 24-months. Here is roughly what I see coming next:
  • First, (or second) I will release my own little RPG. It is not my Dwarf game, but a Sci-Fi sim that will include some elements of my Dwarf game.
  • Second, (or first) Toady One will release the next version of Dwarf Fortress. This will lead to 5-weeks (probably longer) of modding, testing, and stabilizing Dark Ages for fort mode adventurers. -The last update (to 0.40.01) I was able to work overtime on for several weeks, and it took me 2-months.
Somewhere in here, I may or may not, become addicted to Fallout 4. I stayed away from Witcher 3. That helped save a lot of time.   
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 01:44:10 am by GM-X »

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 17, 2015, 09:14:37 am »

Dark Ages has been under development for around 24-months. Here is roughly what I see coming next:
  • First, (or second) I will release my own little RPG. It is not my Dwarf game, but a Sci-Fi sim that will include some elements of my Dwarf game.
  • Second, (or first) Toady One will release the next version of Dwarf Fortress. This will lead to 5-weeks (probably longer) of modding, testing, and stabilizing Dark Ages for fort mode adventurers. -The last update (to 0.40.01) I was able to work overtime on for several weeks, and it took me 2-months.
Somewhere in here, I may or may not, become addicted to Fallout 4. I stayed away from Witcher 3. That helped save a lot of time.   
Ok thank you. And good luck with your new game :D

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 17, 2015, 11:37:46 am »

And also important! I've got a bug which crashes my game during advanced world generation at about 50-100 year what can I do with it?

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 17, 2015, 05:50:19 pm »

And also important! I've got a bug which crashes my game during advanced world generation at about 50-100 year what can I do with it?

Which advanced world gen parameter are you using? Fire & Ice is buggy, and will rarely make it past year 100 currently.

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 18, 2015, 09:35:13 am »

Which advanced world gen parameter are you using? Fire & Ice is buggy, and will rarely make it past year 100 currently.
It crashes at large region 250 years full gen parameter I haven't used other gens but I will try and see if it will crash again

Rammok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 18, 2015, 04:24:37 pm »

It crashes at large region 250 years full gen parameter I haven't used other gens but I will try and see if it will crash again

Sometimes, you can get very unlucky in world gen. There are several vanilla world crashes that may be exasperated by the Dark Ages mod. Although, I have not had many crashes in world gen lately.

You can always use the Ironhand world I uploaded: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l31owqjplhsu4j3/region250SethIron.zip?dl=0
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 92